Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 15506 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Justice League
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2020, 07:03 »
I’m not sure what the hype is all about? I just got one simple question. Is Zack’s cut going to introduce a different ending or the Justice League still going to fight the same villain in the final act? I know Superman will have more development arc after he was resurrected and yes, just like Spider-Man 3 (directed by Sam Raimi), we are going to see the “black” superman suit and then how he turned to the good side. Are we going to have the war of Apokulips comic story arc?

Unless there is a different ending and drastic change in the final act of this movie, I really don’t see the hype is all about? When it comes to comic strip movie, I’m agnostic, not a DC or Marvel fanboy but I do enjoy a good comic hero(es) movie.

Am I looking forward to seeing this Zack’s version of the Justice League when it comes out next year? Sure it does intrigue me but I will not be going all crazy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Justice League
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2020, 08:39 »
I’m not sure what the hype is all about?

Unless there is a different ending and drastic change in the final act of this movie, I really don’t see the hype is all about?

When it comes to comic strip movie, I’m agnostic, not a DC or Marvel fanboy but I do enjoy a good comic hero(es) movie.

No. There's not going to be a different ending in the final act. But from what I gathered, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman get fleshed out a lot more. Which makes sense since this was their on-screen debut.

Cyborg has an origin story. His accident in the car crash that kills his mum and how he was saved by this dad was in the movie. The Flash saved Iris when learning/discovering about his power. Vulko and Mera also have more substantial roles. Darkseid makes an appearance in the prologue as does Ares. Green Lantern apparently also arrives at the end and Martian Manhunter was revealed. Lex is featured more prominently.

I suppose the fact that you are not a comics fan explains your ambivalence. In fact,  I expect that to be the case for the average moviegoer.

If you are a DC fanboy (like me), it's a big deal especially after the tease from Zack over the years of his vision for the film.  And after seeing the mess that JW created for the Theatrical cut of JL, you can't help but be excited about this moving forward.

Heavy Spoilers has an excellent video on the Justice League Snyder Cut Biggest Changes so check it out if you are interested to know more. 

Of course, whether it will live up to its hype or not, only time will tell.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Justice League
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2020, 08:45 »
No. There's not going to be a different ending in the final act. But from what I gathered, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman get fleshed out a lot more. Which makes sense since this was their on-screen debut.

Cyborg has an origin story. His accident in the car crash that kills his mum and how he was saved by this dad was in the movie. The Flash saved Iris when learning/discovering about his power. Vulko and Mera also have more substantial roles. Darkseid makes an appearance in the prologue as does Ares. Green Lantern apparently also arrives at the end and Martian Manhunter was revealed. Lex is featured more prominently.

I suppose the fact that you are not a comics fan explains your ambivalence. In fact,  I expect that to be the case for the average moviegoer.

If you are a DC fanboy (like me), it's a big deal especially after the tease from Zack over the years of his vision for the film.  And after seeing the mess that JW created for the Theatrical cut of JL, you can't help but be excited about this moving forward.

Heavy Spoilers has an excellent video on the Justice League Snyder Cut Biggest Changes so check it out if you are interested to know more. 

Of course, whether it will live up to its hype or not, only time will tell.

I see. As always thanks for breaking it down for me. It makes perfect sense why some of us maybe excited over this now. Before your explanation, I was indeed ambivalent but now I see the point.

Hope it’s good with all these excitement build up. Thanks for HBO Max I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Justice League
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2020, 13:51 »
Zack Snyder’s Justice League | Sneak Peek | HBO Max

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lPjF9sJcj4A&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lPjF9sJcj4A&fs=1</a>

How not to be excited by this?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal