Author Topic: A tribute to Foo Leong Record store (on irememberSG)  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Jagdpanzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • HT & Audio
Re: A tribute to Foo Leong Record store (on irememberSG)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2018, 13:51 »
From the way it's reported, it appears she still attaches her business to nostalgia.
I presume she can read and write since she has been running the store for decades and should know the trade and connections.

She is probably about the same age as the Aldephi 3rd storey cd shop old fat chow botak with china partner (or mistress?) and glum brother. Heard his business thrives so well in the vinyl revival that he even opened a second shop in Bishan.

She should perhaps follow his business model and besides, she has an edge in rental too when compared to Aldephi.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 14:01 by Jagdpanzer »

Offline cable-guy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A tribute to Foo Leong Record store (on irememberSG)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 14:51 »
From the way it's reported, it appears she still attaches her business to nostalgia.
I presume she can read and write since she has been running the store for decades and should know the trade and connections.

She is probably about the same age as the Aldephi 3rd storey cd shop old fat chow botak with china partner (or mistress?) and glum brother. Heard his business thrives so well in the vinyl revival that he even opened a second shop in Bishan.

She should perhaps follow his business model and besides, she has an edge in rental too when compared to Aldephi.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
It is very encouraging to read all the care and concerns from all the customers and friends.

Perhaps some of you may know their family background and business history going back the last years and decades.

More importantly, it is not sustainable to keep running the shop due to Aunty's age, health, physical limitations and financial constraints.

Once Aunty can transit into a life beyond Foo Leong Records, that will be the day.

Meanwhile just help to clear some CD stock and make social connections to make her day.

Can feel a lot of warmth in this thread...who can say audiophile and love of music cannot bring people together?

:-)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk