Author Topic: PS Audio DirectStream DAC  (Read 75185 times)

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: PS Audio DirectStream DAC
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 22:31 »
so if we
can you pm some photo.

As requested.

Disclaimer:  I am not responsible or liable for any damage, harm or injury brought upon yourself or your Directstream machine.

This is the internal of the Directstream DAC.  Please look at the green wire block in the red circle.

For the 115V version, the wire links are crossed, like 2 primary coils in parallel.

For the 230V version, the wire link are different, like now the primary coils are connected in series.

The part numbers for both version is exactly the same.  The transformer use on both board are identical.

Good luck!

(Audio)

Offline mitkey

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 22:54 »
For that, PS Audio charge USD 100 (for swapping wire).

If I had known this, I would had a directstream( I paid for it and cancel)
My Gears : PPA V3, Jplay dual PC - MSB Analog - Audio-gd C1 SE - Dynaudio C1
Power : Acoustic Revive RTP-6 Ultimate
Interconnect : AET Orpheus DG75| AET SIN XLR EVO | AET SCR AC SP
Power cord : AET Evidence AC | SIN AC EVD | SCR AC EVD | HIN AC EVD
Acc : Finite Element Ceraball | ATS tuning feet | AET

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 09:30 »
For that, PS Audio charge USD 100 (for swapping wire).

If I had known this, I would had a directstream( I paid for it and cancel)

Come on, they charge you a hundred bucks and I think it is definitely worth it.  You look at the quality of the power supply, it easily cost more than that.  That board not only have conponents for power, they include the interface card electronics plus the SD reader as well.

In life sometimes, you must allow your manufacturer to make some money so that they can be successful and continue to support us.

Remember, they don't even need to entertain us....they could just tell us that the units are not voltage convertible to keep their international dealer happy....but they didn't.

(Audio)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:36 by Audio »

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57 »
Next year my wife's company get together is going to be in Denver...a stones throw from Boulder (20 miles) so I will I hope get to go and see the ps audio facilities. Maybe even plonk down some cash on some gear.

This year the get together was in Nashville and Emotiva was a similar short drive away....how lucky I am that she insists I come on the trip  ;D
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 10:20 »
Tell your wife to request her company to hold it in early October when the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest will be held. Kill 2 birds with a stone!!

We spent a week in Denver and everywhere we go, it's 'sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy' :)

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 10:24 »
Next year my wife's company get together is going to be in Denver...a stones throw from Boulder (20 miles) so I will I hope get to go and see the ps audio facilities. Maybe even plonk down some cash on some gear.

This year the get together was in Nashville and Emotiva was a similar short drive away....how lucky I am that she insists I come on the trip  ;D

Then, I see you in Denver next year.   I suppose to go to the PS-Audio factory tour this year tying it up with the Audiofest, return them my Directstream power supplies as well but dammn it, my retrofit aircraft schedule got in the way and that is why I was in Singapore / Hong Kong last weekend rather than in Denver.  Ayre is also near and I would probably plan to stay a little longer....and get my wife to come along as well.

(Audio)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:53 by Audio »

Offline durianlover88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forget Sound, Enjoy Music :)
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09 »
How fortunes change....last time people dumped away the Directstream DACs....now used units supply dried up over the past 6 months...left only one unit at 4500 usd in Audiogon+shipping/insurance+PayPal fees. Even got wanted ads as well. Knew of someone in other forums promptly sell before run-in of 800 hours, and then re-bought the DS again :)
For sale(neg):
Geek Out SIGNATURE Edition: S$999
Crystal Dreamlink 1m/Siltech Zero Ohm Diamond 1.5m: S$1888/S$2288
Acoustic Revive REM-8/RGC-24: S$388
Stillpoint Mini Ultra(3): S$388

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 14:26 »
Her (my) trip will be in late May I think or maybe early June (my birthday month) as it was the same period this year. I have corresponded with Paul on a number of occasions and with his engineers for repairs to PS Audio gear that has come through my workshop. Nice guys for sure.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 09:17 »
How to play Tidal on Bridge v2 inserted into the Directstream DAC:

http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-play-tidal-on-bridge-ii/
For sale(neg):

Offline milk_vanilla

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 09:31 »
Dl bro,

Bridge2 support dsd over network?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 09:32 »
More about Roon which I will also cross post into the Roon thread:

New Roon Discovery Server and Player unveiled at RMAF: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/10/rmaf-2015-roon-discovery-server-from-elac-americas/

Understanding is via RJ45, should be able play to Roon Speakers implemented on Bridge 2.

With integrated Roon life-time subscription (and Tidal) the price of Elac Discovery is favorable.

Roon Speakers is also, according to Roon, improve sq 'because the endpoint owns the master clock, taking advantage of the premium clocking in high-end end points'.
For sale(neg):

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40 »
Just a gentle reminder....any Directstream DAC testing should note the following:

1) >800 hours run in on DS unit.
2) test with USB Regen pls if using USB, as USB interface is 'weak' by nature.
3) Streaming AB testing should be done with Bridge 2 inserted into DS to make it as a streamer.
For sale(neg):

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 09:41 »
I believe it does if your DLNA supports DOPE

If you use JRiver, it should work. Bridge 1 worked too
This wan for broler milk vanilla...
For sale(neg):

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 12:57 »
Streaming with Bridge sounds better than USB?  I think so.....

(Audio)

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 16:27 »
More about Roon which I will also cross post into the Roon thread:

New Roon Discovery Server and Player unveiled at RMAF: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/10/rmaf-2015-roon-discovery-server-from-elac-americas/

Understanding is via RJ45, should be able play to Roon Speakers implemented on Bridge 2.

With integrated Roon life-time subscription (and Tidal) the price of Elac Discovery is favorable.

Roon Speakers is also, according to Roon, improve sq 'because the endpoint owns the master clock, taking advantage of the premium clocking in high-end end points'.

Salah lah bro :P... New ELAC Speakers with ELAC prototype Discovery server, which will come with Roon software. Not something new from Roon it seems.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/elac-my-favorite-room-rmaf-2015-man-thats-just-crazy#D6PZiKsc6V4JsQBX.97
Sitting on top of the rack was the prototype ELAC Discovery streamer ($995) which will come with Roon to control playback from your network-attached storage or Tidal and ELAC throws in a free lifetime Roon membership that would otherwise run you $499.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.