Author Topic: Media player for movie player nas  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Cnng121

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Media player for movie player nas
« on: March 29, 2020, 08:57 »
Hi all,
I am appealing for help for my movie nas which was running thru windows media player. I purchased this system quite a while ago. Its similar to the kaleidescape type of operation but thru windows media. I didnt turn it on for a long while n recently when i turn it on.. it doesnt seem to be able to turn on. I believe the harddisk in the main system is kaput. Anyone can help adv how am i able to play those movies in my nas again. Purchasing a media player and link it to the nas? Do i need to configure it to be able to link it and run with the datas stored? I am not conversant with these and any adv would be greatly appreciated. This system called silverscreen was purchased from a company in adelphi and it is no longer there... Thanks for reading and hope to find a solution to it.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Media player for movie player nas
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 18:03 »
Are you saying you hv 2 pcs of hardware ?
1) one is acting like a server/NAS that installaed the Craigwork( this is the base for Silverscreen moive system.
2) another pc runing windows media player and play the movie stored on this NAS ?
or
One hardware that store all your files and also playback using the windows media player and IE for the poster and artwork ?

As far as i know Kserver working as a system and will not work with any player other then the Kplayer and cant be transfer out or ready by windows or any NAS , as their are K RAID.
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Cnng121

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 11:28 »
Yes, i have two pieces of hardware. One is like a pc running windows media and organising the covers like those u see on audio setups. The other is a nas.. storing all the movies i ripped frm the bluray disc or dvds that i bought. Hope this helps.. thx for the message.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 00:26 »
If that is the case , you can try to recover the Hd on your media pc or replace it with a new hd and if you hv a backup copy just reload it ,if nothing is importance on the failed hardisk.

Since your NAS still runing, if you just want to playback the moive files , all you need is get a media streamer like zappiti /zidoo will do .
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 08:30 »
If you want a media player that can have Atmos with Netflix, then the new Nvidia Shield TV is a good choice.
Have been using Nvidia with Kodi to stream movies from my NAS.
Denon AVR-X3600H * Polk S60 * S30 * TL2 * SVS 12

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03 »
If you want a media player that can have Atmos with Netflix, then the new Nvidia Shield TV is a good choice.
Have been using Nvidia with Kodi to stream movies from my NAS.

Nvidia Shield is the choice if you are watching Prime/Netflix 4K Movies

Offline Cnng121

• Snr Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 11:37 »
Thanks for the adv n suggestions... i will have to read up n chk thru these and see how to salvage the situation. Knows nothing about the nvidia tv stuff... :) anyway... thanks again folks..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal