Author Topic: The Flash [Possible Spoilers Inside]  (Read 31742 times)

Online lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Flash [Possible Spoilers Inside]
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55 »
I feel a bit cheated :)

Eddie "turning bad" and shooting cops, Barry kissing Caitlyn.. almost as bad as a "it was all a dream" storyline. I think I wouldn't have felt as cheated if they didn't show it in the promo before :)

Still, it was a good episode. I kinda liked Harrison Wells.

ps wasn't Tess Morgan also mentioned in Smallville?

I also liked the hints of other DC characters - I saw a signpost advertising Ferris Aerospace.

Yeah. I know what you mean. It was too freaking obvious and I'm beginning to feel like an obsessive fanboy looking for clues and coming with theories that never exist. It reminds me of X-files when things were going crazy every week with theories and imaginary easter eggs.

Perhaps we should just take a step back and not try overanalysing every single frame of a trailer to the death.

As for Tess Morgan, I dun think there was a character of that name in Smallville. You're probably thinking of Tess Mercer , Lex's half-sister. So likely no connection to Smallville. I dun think the Arrowverse shared the same universe as Smallville cos there are already a few overlapping and different characters.

Holy cow! It's Coast City!

I tell you the fanboys will go wild with this. Coast City is the home of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. I dun think we should get overly excited about Green Lantern joining the Arrowverse. Ultimately I think this is just fan service.

But then again you never know. There's already countless speculation that John Diggle may be John Stewart, another member of the Green Lantern Corp. But that makes not sense whatsoever as they just introduced the John Diggle character into the new 52's Green Arrow comics. Confused yet?  ;D

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 18:29 »
Overall episode 19 was okay except the part when the Morph was handcuffed and lying on the back seat of the car! ::)  Knowing his capability, isn't it silly and stupid to transport him just like that!! ??? ::) :P

Online lonewolf

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 23:09 »
Overall episode 19 was okay except the part when the Morph was handcuffed and lying on the back seat of the car! ::)  Knowing his capability, isn't it silly and stupid to transport him just like that!! ??? ::) :P

Everyman.  ;)

I agree that this episode has a lot of holes but frankly I dun think the 'meta human of the week' was the focus of the show.  Or maybe I should say that it was over-shadowed by the other sub-plots - the discovery of Well's skeleton, the creation of the canary cry, the discovery of Reverse Flash's liar.

Online lonewolf

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 21:38 »
I'm frankly quite surprised at the quality of the writings for this show. Despite the fact that many things had been revealed in the last few episodes, Ep 20 managed to pull a few more out of the magic hat.

The meeting between Joe and Wells at the hospital when Barry was in coma. Confirmation that Eddie and Eobard are indeed related. Gideon being a creation of Barry was a big surprise and that he will be a future director of  CCPD CSI Division.

And I wondered what it was saying when it says 'founding member of ...' Its probably another c**krteaser from the writers but I think all DC fanboy would have fallen off the chair Gideon has said 'Justice League'.

Frankly I never really noticed until Cisco pointed out that the costume of Flash in the future article is actually different from the one that he is currently using.

For me the biggest reveal was the detail of the article 'Flash Missing. Vanished in Crisis'. We had seen the headline but now we got details like the article was written by Iris Allen-West! But wait there's more! Take a closer look at the screen grab:

This is actually huge. Of cos we know that the Arrow spin-off series will feature Hawkgirl and Atom, so there's no surprise. What surprising is the 'Green Arrow' reference instead of 'Arrow'. Maybe this means that from next season, Arrow will come full circle and finally embraced his comics name - Green Arrow. 

Offline francis wu

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 18:55 »
I agree,  plenty of teasers to keep me grounded and yearning for more good stuff going forward.   Clever and scintillating scripts!

From my One+

Online lonewolf

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 22:58 »
Actually I realised I was probably wrong about Arrow coming full circle next season and embracing his comics name. I forget that the article will be written in 9 or 10 yrs time. So even assuming both Arrow and/or Flash last the distance in real time, Arrow may not become Green Arrow next season.

And for even more Easter eggs on the future article, read the The Flash’s Future Revealed: What Fans May Have Missed .

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 23:52 »
I loved this week's episode of the Flash.

So many bombs..

And is it wrong to like Harrison Wells so much? :)
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 09:23 »
And is it wrong to like Harrison Wells so much? :)

I think a lot of that has to do with Tom Cavanagh... can't help but like the guy  :)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 21:53 »
This week episode is a little mushy for my liking! :)

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 12:52 »
This week's episode - sure has its ups and downs.

The first half was meh. The whole plan was riddled with problems and doomed to fail. Neat throwaway line about Green Lantern tho

The second part with an All Star team up was fun to watch tho.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 18:34 »
Yeah, trusting Capt. Cold was like the dumbest thing to do... ;D

The writers were having a laugh putting the Arrow and Firestorm on screen together; if you didn’t notice, they’re paternal first-cousins in real-life ;)

Offline francis wu

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 13:03 »
The first half was silly and uninspiring :P lucky the second half the tempo picked up and the final showdown was exciting and entertaining! :)

Online lonewolf

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 13:44 »
Frankly I was a little surprised that the showdown between The Flash and the Reverse Flash was not the series finale.

I think those of you who felt trusting Captain Cold was stupid on the part of Barry is missing the point. He do what he have to save the lives of people who wish to do him and the city harm. If that is not the very definition of hero, then I dun know what is.

I think the writing was brilliant. Joe says it best when Barry ask him what kind of hero he is: The kind that cares about whether or not those criminals lived or died. I mean, whatever Mardon and Nimbus and Shawna did, they're human beings. And you knew letting Wells use them as pawns was wrong.You know the difference between right and wrong. And you weren't willing to blur the lines between the two.  That's the kind of man you are. And that's what makes you different than the Arrow.

Its great seeing Firestorm again. And we need to remember that this is a Firestorm that is not at his full powers. I mean all he does now is fly and shoot flames. Wait till he learn how to transmute matters! Of cos the defeat of the Reverse Flash does begs the question that if he is really from the future, surely he would now that this showdown is going to happen and would have taken the necessary steps to avoid defeat. So could his supposed defeat be another red herring and part of the overall master plan?

Here the trailer for the finale next week
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8KTVbJ6BjY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N8KTVbJ6BjY&fs=1</a>

I wondered if the event for this finale will be a lead-in for the spin-off series Legends of Tomorrow . Did Barry's attempt at tinkering with the past set off events that required Rip Hunter to step in? That would make sense and explain the appearance of Hawkgirl and others in the Flash finale.

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 20:45 »
Yeah, but the thing is - I don't see why Flash and Co even needed Captain Cold's help in the first place?
They already did a great job sedating the villains, and they managed to nullify their powers, so where exactly does Capt Cold come in?

I just don't see the point of engaging him at all.
In fact for the entire transport of the villains, the only time he was needed was the escape part, which wouldn't have happened if he wasn't there.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 12:02 »
What can I say… except maybe... FCUKING AWESOME Finale!! ;D

(What was Garrick’s helmet doing through the wormhole... and why was that a cue for Wells?)

ps: Crowded House during the wedding scene was a very nice touch  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:05 by AndrewC »