Author Topic: Spotify!  (Read 21871 times)

Offline macrotrust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Re: Spotify!
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2018, 23:31 »
How do you find out the files are hi-res?

Sounded like Hi Res- so clear the resolution- sound open up (no bottleneck) suddenly when i played today- which is why i am asking if anyone experiencing it- cause i have been listening Spotify for yrs- maybe it could be other reason- the SOTM firmware upgrade ie the streamer open up the bottle neck (cannot confirm- not sure who else is using SOTM).

So i tested my usual tracks as to confirm my findings- really much much better than before- it a bonus - if Spotify up the ante. Imagine if all streaming house up the ante by improving the resolution- soon digital will rule all formats going forward.

Some shiok tracks for all to enjoy
https://open.spotify.com/track/3DgsLNkIb2m53dqZmSiKOC?si=EUjW1ltGTV-htl0LxS1GEw

https://open.spotify.com/track/4TL1miwVF5EX8XcrhmN1lH?si=YR1Ni_w1T6uldHO83Fj0pA

https://open.spotify.com/track/1do19oYzfRveGdVn99thgq?si=kQE9gl_4RH-TKPMJmOmbww

https://open.spotify.com/track/5oecfaPLsyxzjQWjW48PvZ?si=weuKsPHvTXWo6hsIPfO6Fg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 23:37 by macrotrust »

Offline audiokit

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 23:20 »
Hi,

I am new to Spotify.

Can Spotify Free version connect via Bluetooth, from iPhone to Marantz AVR SR6011? Or must I subscribe to Spotify Premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline audiokit

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2018, 21:14 »
Found the solution.

Need to connect iPhone to AVR using YouTube app via Bluetooth. Once done, Spotify is connected to AVR automatically.

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 22:36 »
If AVR has Wi-Fi,  Spotify can connect directly thru your phone when the devices are in the same network.

Offline audiokit

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 10:19 »
If AVR has Wi-Fi,  Spotify can connect directly thru your phone when the devices are in the same network.
Got it, thanks!

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2019, 09:00 »
have been on spotify for awhile, but recently tried tidal, even with regular speakers can tell the difference.

just rem to sign up on the website, not thru play store or app store, where they charge a bit more.

Offline stanl

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2019, 22:50 »
Hi recently subscribed to Spotify.and have been only playing it on my phone.. thinking of getting a Cambridge cxn streamer to connect to my densen integrated..anyone has opinion of this Cambridge streamer or other suggestion in the Cambridge range?... thanks

Offline Ceci

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2019, 12:17 »
have been on spotify for awhile, but recently tried tidal, even with regular speakers can tell the difference.

just rem to sign up on the website, not thru play store or app store, where they charge a bit more.
This is interesting. Are you saying that Tidal offers a higher music resolution even with subpar audio equipment? Here I thought what I've heard on Spotify is good enough to the point that I'm looking forward to Spotify's player for cars. What kind of EQ settings do you use on both sites?

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2019, 09:08 »
This is interesting. Are you saying that Tidal offers a higher music resolution even with subpar audio equipment? Here I thought what I've heard on Spotify is good enough to the point that I'm looking forward to Spotify's player for cars. What kind of EQ settings do you use on both sites?

Spotify still streams MP3, whereas Tidal serves up CD quality/redbook resolution; the difference in sound quality is pretty readily audible, even with in-car sound systems... (For anyone who has sufficient experience telling sound quality apart that is... an average Joe can't tell the difference, nor cares quite frankly  ;))
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.