Author Topic: Spotify!  (Read 19972 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Spotify!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 10:36 »
what version of iOS are you using on the old iPad...maybe that is the key but the newer units cannot go back in versions so far, and if you have updated to the latest then also no way back or at best one version if you are lucky and in the time window for it.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline mesaux

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 10:53 »
Did anybody do the Spotify Year in Review? Apparently I spent 43,000 mins listening to spotify in 2015... Hahaha, I recommend all spotify users to do it for fun sakes.

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 11:04 »

Did anybody do the Spotify Year in Review? Apparently I spent 43,000 mins listening to spotify in 2015... Hahaha, I recommend all spotify users to do it for fun sakes.
Wow not bad... Almost 2hrs per day!
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline jdc115

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 18:11 »

How do you check?  I think mine should be quite high as I am playing music for my dog all day when I am at work

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 18:42 »
your dog cannot tahan mediacrap radio :P
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline jdc115

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 20:56 »
she has good tastes and better ears then me:)  She wants HiRes

Offline mesaux

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 05:36 »
How do you check?  I think mine should be quite high as I am playing music for my dog all day when I am at work

I got the link from a friend via FB, but try the spotify website shld work. and wow good life dog man'

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2015, 22:22 »
the best $10 i spend each month :)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 22:27 by InnocentBlood »
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 08:00 »
Spotify's (rip-off) business model challenged ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/spotify-slammed-with-150-million-lawsuit-for-unpaid-royalties_5682d8b3e4b014efe0d960df

Musician David Lowery is suing music-streaming site Spotify for illegally distributing several of his copyrighted songs. Lowery, the frontman for the bands Cracker and Camper van Beethoven, is seeking a minimum of $150 million in damages.

Lowery is representing a group of over 100 other members who are also reportedly frustrated with the streaming service, making this a class action lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed on Dec. 28 at the Central District Court of California.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline mesaux

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 07:20 »
I am sure spotify would be equipped with some of the best suite of lawyers to quash these lawsuits. they stand no chance

Spotify's (rip-off) business model challenged ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/spotify-slammed-with-150-million-lawsuit-for-unpaid-royalties_5682d8b3e4b014efe0d960df

Offline coldfish

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016, 11:21 »
Hi all,

Want to chip in my .2 cents.

Totally agree that its a great platform to find hidden treasures and its ultra convenient.

But, yeah there are always buts...

1. Offline songs are limited to 3000 only. If anyone knows how do by pass that do tell me pleeaaaase.

2. Loading the app takes longer and longer to the point where its becoming annoying. Even during the in-between, that is when the tablet is in the off screen mode and you want to change songs, unlock the tablet screen and trying to access other songs in Spotify, it just freezes there and takes almost a minute to thaw!

3. The inferior sound quality is apparent when comparing the same song or music with that streamed from the server or from my USB external HDD.

I pay extra so my wife can have her own collections and we listen to Spotify everyday. But I'd switch to my own collections (CDs, HDD, streaming, vinyls, all sound significantly better) when it comes to serious listening.

Offline jdc115

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2016, 11:58 »
I find it great to discover new music, by new, I mean anything I have never really listened to in the past.  Plus good to play in the other room for dinner parties, while cleaning etc.  I am hoping one day they will upgrade the quality, I am not interested in changing to Tidal as I have read enough issues with users.

On one of my investment groups, I was a reference to Apple considering to do Hi Res streaming but will have to go back to find if they gave a link

Offline jdc115

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01 »
Hi Res rumor... I prefer to stay with Spotify so hopefully they follow (or lead)

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/12/20/apple-music-reportedly-preparing-hi-res-audio-streaming-for-2016

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 16:27 »
Well, if even Apple is endorsing hi res then it's time Spotify look into at least lossless. They were not interested in lossless or better quality streaming for too long.

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 20:36 »
i agree that Spotify is not meant for critical listening - that's why we still buy physical CDs and hi res downloads :) Spotify is an excellent tool to help us decide what to buy and what we are otherwise satisified with merely renting, instead of owning. having said that, i have actually been buying more physical media as a result of the music that i discovered on Spotify.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you