Author Topic: Spotify!  (Read 19973 times)

Offline justubes

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Spotify!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 14:17 »
The older recordings in spotify does not sound as good as the more current releases even on premium version.  Mostly 80's and 90's stuff somewhat lack of impact as more like very low rez transfer.

Offline snip3r

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 16:37 »
There is an cd quality streaming service like Spotify. Its called Tidal. Very good quality .  You can have a trail for 7 days :)
  https://tidalhifi.com/sg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMI , always buffering during streaming till the cow comes home

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 18:49 »
CMI , always buffering during streaming till the cow comes home

If spotify were to go lossless, it better be buffer free.☺

Offline nikklaus

• Snr Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 22:57 »
Wow! I didnt know can download some more! Shall try the premium definitely! Thanks bro dm and innocentblood!
Marantz SR-5006
Asus d2x 7.1 Soundcard
KEF LS50 (Fronts)
Tannoy 603 (rears),
Tannoy Fushion C (Center)
Yamaha SW-015 (Subs)
Philips BDP 9700 (Player)
Marantz PM-15S2 (Integrated Amp)
I'm sorry if my ignorance has cause any fire. Let me know, I will change for the better.

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00 »
Subscribed to Spotify premium (now promo SGD $0.99 for 2 months, then usual 9.90 per month after 2 months)
But just can't log in to it on my Onkyo AVR (TX-NR 609, which comes pre-loaded with spotify). Does anyone play spotify through your AVR?

Offline snip3r

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45 »
Disconnected Spotify Premium and "trial" the upcoming Apple Music for 3 months

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
Spotify Discover Weekly
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 13:55 »
Spotify premium users - have you had a chance to check out your personalised playlists that's updated every Monday, under Discover Weekly? i felt that the list curated for me is quite accurate & eclectic. it does offer stuff that i've never heard of before, most of the time. makes me want to follow those artists and discover more of their catalogue in detail. this is probably one of the best new features from Spotify that i can see myself using on a weekly basis.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline ks

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 18:48 »
Guys, is it possible to have a premium account logged in at multiple locations at the same time?

ie have home stereo hook up to play spotify to burn in and at overseas listening to spotify on a laptop logged in with same account
TT: Thorens 160Mk3 with Shure M97xe, Scout VPI with Ortofon 2M Blue
Phono amp: CA 640P, **shopping for one**
CDP: Consonance CD120 Linear
Amp: **shopping for one**
Spkrs: Harbeth M20/M30

Offline tobias89

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 00:16 »
Yup possible. Just make sure the one at home is set to playing in offline mode. :)

Offline InnocentBlood

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/30/9416579/spotify-discover-weekly-online-music-curation-interview

this is a good read - sums up all that i love about Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist. if you are a paying customer who uses Spotify everyday then this playlist may just be a revelation to you :)
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline InnocentBlood

Spotify & Google Chromecast
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 15:29 »
If you have the first version of Google Chromecast, a firmware update will now allow you to stream Spotify using your device. I tried it today - I plugged in my device to my Oppo 105D and streamed Spotify over the 2 channel stereo connection. I told myself don't expect much, this is just gonna be 320 Kbps but when the music started I was still pleasantly surprised.

Earlier on I was listening to Deep Purple's new live album and now I'm listening to a fusion jazz playlist and it's been a pretty good listening experience on my 12 year old Mirage floorstanders :)
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 13:52 »
You got 4 out of 6 correct!

Despite its bad rap, the MP3 is actually a remarkable feat of engineering, and pretty good at filtering out mostly the sounds you can’t hear. Depending on the quality of your headphones, you might be able to distinguish between the two MP3s, but you’re unlikely to do better without an amplifier or a digital audio converter.

Using Apple earpods.  ;D

Offline snip3r

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 15:06 »
Actually spotify out from my USB DAC to my speakers are pretty good.
If you A-B don't compare, it's not easy to differentiate between lossless and lossy.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 07:21 »
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

For all bro- please take the test whether you can hear the different between uncompressed wav, 320kps or 120kps.

Serious i only manage to score 2 uncompressed wav & 3 (320kps) & 1 (120kps) out of 6 songs. I am using headphone.

The difference is very difficult to hear out.  what is your score. Dont cheat.

Fun site  :)

That said, the music they’re playing back for the test is mostly compressed Pop music in the first place, so the differential between WAV and MP3 is significantly diminished to start with.  It’s not entirely your fault if you're unable to hear the difference (except for the tracks that aren’t as compressed, like Suzanne Vega’s “Tom’s Diner” for example).

(Just got 4 out of 6 over my MacBook speakers ;D).
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline bigbird

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 09:58 »
I noticed that using Spotify on my old 1st gen iPad with non-premium, I can listen to music without any advertisement. Also,  I no need to use shuffle play. I can play any music or song directly.

However,  using the newer iPad 3 or 4 and also my Note 4 or Tab S,  I can only use shuffle play and with advertisement every about 30 min. Is there a way to make it work just like my old iPad 1 using non-premium?