Author Topic: MQA  (Read 53379 times)

Offline ...

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MQA
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2018, 01:25 »
andrewc had been a bully here long enough:say that to my face, you punk(andrewc)?
or a better proposition, I'm willing to pay 50000(cost of venue, ensemble, experts to fly here: I remember Fremer a wreck among recording engineers. Then final collation through a consensus of people in my panel, and people in your panel. Then the prognosis goes out to people who can define sound)
you will never get to heaven with? a retort stinking of insecurity purporting what..........an attutude. go demonstrate your attitude in a ring that will have at least credible gladiators. gosh. don't be left behind, like the fool who cannot smile bacause of hell
The best

Offline ...

« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2018, 01:41 »
PS I never liked mqa, too focused
The best

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2018, 19:17 »
(Back to some real MQA news/issues ;))

MQA on iOS via live gig streaming service, nugs.net

http://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/news/post/mqa-streaming-on-ios-with-nugsnet

Nugs.net, the home of live music from iconic touring artists such as Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Dead & Company and Phish, is launching the first-ever iOS implementation of MQA.  From 10 January 2018, subscribers to nugs.net’s HiFi tier will be able to enjoy native MQA playback of thousands of full-length concerts on iOS devices. 

You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2018, 07:08 »
https://www.pr.com/press-release/741071
Sonore & Small Green Computer: Play MQA on Any DAC with the Rendu Series Network Audio Players / Streamers

Sonore and Small Green Computer are pleased to announce the ability to play MQA on any DAC with the Signature Rendu SE, ultraRendu and microRendu network players / streamers.

By upgrading to Sonicorbiter software version 2.6 on the Sonore Rendu series network players / streamers, users are now able to play MQA to any DAC.

Gives non-MQA capable USB DACs a new lease of life  :P

Offline MusicEar

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2018, 12:47 »
https://www.pr.com/press-release/741071
Gives non-MQA capable USB DACs a new lease of life  :P

Probably for the first unfold, subsequent unfolds require to happen inside the DAC itself.
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | Auralic Aries G1 | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS | I.AMP.D linear power supply for NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Auralic's Lightning DS and Roon

Offline malsound

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22 »

Offline wbjia

• Snr Member
« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2018, 01:17 »
i am a big fan of meridian. G08 and 808 cd players are great products. i was user of 808 for a while.

but as a matter of fact, we all know boss of meridian tried very hard on promoting dvd-audio format (24/192 audio file on DVD) and he FAILED...  and i am pretty sure mqa will FAIL too!

we do NOT need another compressed audio format:

when u are in office using lan you do NOT need compressed audio format ...

when u are outside using 4g (soon will be 5G) you do NOT need  compressed audio format ...

when u are at home using wifi you do NOT need compressed audio format ...

Offline malsound

« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2018, 07:04 »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2018, 17:36 »
https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-contextualized

First they tried to hide the fact that MQA is lossy... Then they claimed that the lossy "folds" are in the barely audible frequency range... Now they're trying to claim its about protecting the Studio's IPR... WTF. And to top if off, Stereophile is totally complicit in all this B.S from MQA. >:(

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2018, 17:58 »

...consumers no longer have access to those high-resolution PCM masters.

That, anyway, is the vision of MQA Ltd.

Need say anymore...?
Main System:
Sources: EMM Labs TSDX / DAC2X v2
Amplifiers: Sony TA-E1, TA-N1
Speakers: Sony SS-M9ED
Cables: Straightwire Crescendo and Serenade interconnects, Straightwire Serenade double run speaker cables

2nd System:
Sources: ELP Laser Turntable, Project RPM9.1x with Otofon 2M Bronze, Pass Labs Aleph Ono
Amplifiers: Pass Labs XP20, X350
Speakers: Sony SS-M9ED
Cables: Pro-Ject RCA CC Phono cable, Straightwire Crescendo interconnects, Straightwire Crescendo double run speaker cables

Offline francishuang

« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2018, 20:11 »
Shindo is Music

Offline MusicEar

« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2018, 02:42 »
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | Auralic Aries G1 | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS | I.AMP.D linear power supply for NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Auralic's Lightning DS and Roon

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2018, 07:43 »
Nicely written article.
“A solution looking for a problem.”
Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2018, 07:07 »
Stunning reversal… Almost PAP prata flipping like ;D

… I don’t believe that, over long term, MQA is in the best interest of audiophiles. I just hope it’s not too late — Jon Iverson, “As We See It”, Stereophile, April 2018

Offline malsound

« Reply #359 on: March 14, 2018, 13:24 »