Author Topic: DC TV Series- Preacher, The Sandman, Watchmen  (Read 40736 times)

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DC Fanboy Feast - Gotham, The Flash and Constantine
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 10:57 »
I had no idea that Brandon Routh's character in Arrow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)...

drumroll..

The Atom!!

WHHAaAaa???

Another spin off?

This is soooo cool

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Count

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 11:29 »
Good to see Brandon Routh back. His career has been languishing since Superman Returns, so it's nice to see him getting regular high profile work again.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31 »
He was in Chuck as well. Underused I thought.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 13:14 »
i don't have any exacting standards :) i just watch whatever i like, whenever i can :p even if Constantine doesn't come back for a 2nd season, i might just get into the comic books. 

All I meant is that you are a man of discerning taste so it was meant to be a compliment. As for the comics, you may have to go back to the Vertigo series Hellblazer which I think is a much better read than the current New 52's incarnation.

I had no idea that Brandon Routh's character in Arrow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)... The Atom!!

WHHAaAaa???

Another spin off?

This is soooo cool

To be more precise, he's playing the altar ego of a DC super-hero. Whether or if he becomes a 'metahuman' its hard to say. Personally I think the writers and producers are just throwing a curve ball because in my opinion, the said superhero will not be a good fit for Arrow.

I think just like how like Constantine, the writers and producers are introducing characters that are known altar egos of DC superheroes. Whether the character eventually become the said superheroes, I guess only time and ratings will tell. But just by way of introduction, the possibility is always there.

I actually more excited to see Ted Grant aka Wild Cat appearing in the show. And I love that he's training Dinah Lance to fight which is shockingly comics canon. I recently saw a picture of Katie Cassidy in the Black Canary costume and I waited 3 seasons for this and its finally happening! Can't wait!

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 14:13 »
Don't miss episode 8, Flash vs The Arrow!  The highest rating of 9.7 in IMDB, an amazing score no doubt!  The best to date! :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 17:45 by francis wu »

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 21:34 »
[MAY CONTAINER SPOILERS. PLS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ARROW S03 E06]

I had no idea that Brandon Routh's character in Arrow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)...

drumroll..
The Atom!!

WHHAaAaa???

Another spin off?

This is soooo cool

OMG! I think my earlier comments may have been a little too premature. After watching S3Ep7, I finally understand your excitement. The not-so-cryptic reference to Dwarf Star alloy and the full display of the A.T.O.M. exosuit. This may indeed be going somewhere. :o

And not sure if many realise it or not, but in the Hong Kong flashback, another of DC comics character has already been introduced. The wife of Oliver's handler, Tatsu Yamashiro is Katana . And the ep 6 shows her wielding a katana like a pro. I'm betting she will make an appearance in future episodes.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 13:18 »
Flash episode 9 is out and another high rating score....don't miss it! :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4017786/?ref_=ttep_ep9

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 23:06 »
First we got Gotham, now we are going to get Krypton!

But before anyone get excited, its not a TV Series but just a 1-hr drama which will reveal a chapter of the DC Comics universe that has rarely been told.

Syfy Developing One-Hour Drama 'Krypton' from Executive Producers David Goyer & Ian Goldberg

Offline yihyan

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 11:29 »
wow, both arrow and flash, the winter finale really left us all hanging :(

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 08:28 »
the fall finale of Constantine is pretty solid too, i thought. at this point in time, i'm really hoping that the series will be renewed...
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 22:21 »
[SPOILER WARNING! Do not read if you have not watched the midseason finale of Gotham #10, Flash #8, Arrow#8 and Constantine#8]

All the midseason finale of the 4 DC shows are not kind to the main protagonists.

Gordon got his arse ripped and get deployed to the most famous Asylum in comicsdom. This is an interesting development cos Arkham is probably just your 'normal' asylum at this stage as compared to one that is typically used to hold Batman's supervillians. So I dun think we are going to see any of its more famous inhabitants.

The Flash finally met his mother's murderer but could not do anything about it and got his arse kicked by the Reverse-Flash. And more shockingly perhaps is the hint at his identity but I'm sure that is just a red herring.

Constantine got shot by his old flame and left to be attacked by a demon. But I dun think anyone doubt he will survive somehow.

Oliver got mortally wounded by (ironically) Batman's arch-enemy. Personally I think it was weird for Oliver to be dueling with Ra's al Ghul but I suppose once they introduced the League of Assassins, it was inevitable. I love to see how the Arrow's writers write themselves out of the hole they dig for themselves.  :) It may be a while before we see Oliver back in the show.

So of the four, Gordon and Barry got by quite lightly. Constatine's cliff hanger was perhaps not as dramatic but it works.

Offline pschia

• I love Cats !
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04 »
Oliver got mortally wounded by (ironically) Batman's arch-enemy. Personally I think it was weird for Oliver to be dueling with Ra's al Ghul but I suppose once they introduced the League of Assassins, it was inevitable. I love to see how the Arrow's writers write themselves out of the hole they dig for themselves.  :) It may be a while before we see Oliver back in the show.
They will probably say that it was just a dream. ;)
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58 »
To absolutely no one surprise, its been announced that both the Flash and Arrow (among other CW shows) has been renewed.

Gotham should also be renewed but for all intend and purpose, Constantine is probably dead and will likely be cancelled unless it move to cable or something. But I wont hold my breadth for it.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 10:41 »
It's official now.

Gotham - as expected - has been renewed by Fox for a new season.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 18:42 »
The Flash episode 10 continues to keep me pique in the series although I am not a TV couch potato! :)