Author Topic: DC TV Series- Stargirl, Doom Patrol  (Read 47581 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DC TV Series- Preacher, The Sandman, Watchmen
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47 »
Another one bites the dust.

Another day, another DC TV show is getting the axe.

Not even the legendary El name can save the series. I suppose when you named your show after a doomed planet, you should expect any longevity.

SOURCE: Superman Prequel 'Krypton' Canceled at Syfy

I enjoy the show while it lasted however short it was. The production value was high but I also understand why it may not resonate with viewers.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2019, 05:58 »
...SOURCE: Superman Prequel 'Krypton' Canceled at Syfy

Not surprised, caught an episode or two, it was pretty bad  :P
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2019, 17:28 »
Not surprised, caught an episode or two, it was pretty bad  :P

I would not go as far as that (and rem that even though I am a self-professed DC fanboy, I thought Black Lightning was just unwatchable and dropped it mid-way S1) but I understand why some may not like it.

There are some things that the show does really well. I think the visual is fantastic and Brainiac was just fantastic (not the dud you get on Supergirl) Lobo? He gets a passing grade but could be better though he's a really hard character to get right anyway.

[UPDATE] Having just watched the S2 finale, while there are a couple of unresolved storylines, there was more or less a resolution for S2 with the major storylines neatly tied up. The premise for S3 would have been epic.
Spoiler: show
 It seems that Nyssa did make it to Rann but found herself smacked in the middle of the Rann–Thanagar War. And of cos Seg teaming up with Lobo to go after Brainiac to recover his son  Jor-EL (Superman's father).
It's a shame we would never find out what the writers have ins tore for us. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:21 by lonewolf »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2019, 18:44 »
I would not go as far as that (and rem that even though I am a self-professed DC fanboy, I thought Black Lightning was just unwatchable ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9MMdcwFOGQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j9MMdcwFOGQ&fs=1</a>
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline lonewolf

Re: DC TV Series- Watchmen, Batwoman, Stargirl
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2019, 15:53 »
The trailer for the upcoming Stargirl has arrived.

Stargirl | Official Trailer | The CW
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bp5Xv7QcgkM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bp5Xv7QcgkM&fs=1</a>

It looks better than I expect and I'm glad they managed to de-sexualise the Stargirl's costume and makes it work while staying true to its comic roots. And it's a vast improvement over the dud we got on Legends of Tomorrow.  ;)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: DC TV Series- Watchmen, Batwoman, Stargirl
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2019, 12:56 »
Nice, I was just watching the flash season 6, and now crisis on infinite earths, DC dramas are good

Offline lonewolf

Re: DC TV Series- Batwoman, Stargirl, Superman & Lois
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2020, 10:09 »
The CW is giving Supergirl's Superman its own series with the totally unimaginative title - Superman & Lois.

SOURCE: ‘Superman & Lois’ And ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Reboot With Jared Padalecki Get CW Series Orders

SUPERMAN & LOIS stars Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as the world’s most famous Super Hero and comic books’ most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. Both Hoechlin and Tulloch have already appeared as these iconic characters in multiple episodes of The CW’s DC Super Hero series, including this season’s Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover event, which concludes tonight. Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, “SUPERMAN & LOIS” is written and executive produced by Todd Helbing (“The Flash”) and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns. The series is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television

I really have no issue with Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as Clark/Superman and Lois Lane. I think they did a commendable job with their respective roles.

One thing I did not like was the tendency to mimic Reeve's Superman. I get it. Chris was immersed as Supe but that was the late 70s. We are in a whole new century and while retro can be cool, Donner's Superman is not one I would put on the list of retro-cool.

So hopefully the series will be closer to 'Rebirth' Superman & Lois and do its own thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:16 by lonewolf »

Offline lonewolf

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2020, 09:45 »
This was unexpected.  :o

Ruby Rose Exits the CW’s ‘Batwoman’, DC Series To Recast Iconic Lead Role For Season 2

I only watched 2 episodes of the Batwoman and find it boring and then discontinued as it is unable to sustain my interest. While not sure of the underlying reason for Ruby Rose departure, considering there is still Season 2, meaning there are fans who liked Ruby's portrayal of this iconic DC character.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2020, 10:01 »
Like you, I gave up after 2 episodes, another borefest and the action was lame!! Nothing against Rose but the script was bad from the start :P

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2020, 13:27 »
WTF CW! You f*cking did it again!  >:(

Batwoman is replacing Ruby Rose's Kate Kane with a new character

As much as I have come to enjoy all the Arrowvers shows from CW, a lot of the things they are doing can be upsetting sometimes. Especially if you are a purist DC Fanboy (I considered myself semi-purist though).

There were a lot of interesting dynamics going on in Batwoman S1 with Kate, Mary, Alice, Julia and Sophie. With Kate gone, all that dynamics so painstakingly set up will be gone.

IDK maybe the Ryan Wilder character will grow on me eventually. Guess we just have to wait and see. It will be a long wait though.

Offline lonewolf

Re: DC TV Series- Stargirl, Doom Patrol
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2020, 21:22 »
The Arrowverse is a mess. At least the casts are.

First, Ruby Rose exit Batwoman. And now Hartley Sawyer (aka Ralph Dibny aka. Elongated Man) was fired because of tweets he made in the past. Which is really sad because Ralph and Sue were one of the few bright sparks on The Flash Season 6.

Anyway, it should be trivial to recast Ralph since he can basically be anyone. They just need to come up with a story of why he has to change his face for the new season. Or they could just quietly retire the character.

On a happier note, the 2nd season of the weirdest super-hero show on TV is coming back Jun 25 with a much shorter 9 episodes.

Check out the trailer.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TusmSgYoDhQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TusmSgYoDhQ&fs=1</a> 

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2020, 10:20 »
Stargirl has been renewed for a 2nd season.

SOURCE: ‘Stargirl’ Renewed for Season 2, Moves to CW From DC Universe

Overall, it has been quite an entertaining season. I'm not really a fan of JSA junior but the visuals have been fantastic.

I still wish they had done a JSA series though. They created all the JSA characters so well in the 1st episode and then (mostly)
Spoiler: show
killed them all off! WTF!!

The 2nd season of Doom Patrol is all over the place and frankly, the constant bitching/pity trip/guilt trip from all the characters are starting to get tiresome. The lack of a 'Big Bad' is making for a disjoint narrative. Maybe Dorothy is the 'Big Bad'?

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46 »
Meet your new Batwoman.

I can't say I am totally surprised about the choice. The CW has shown a remarkable history in its casting decision for the Arrow-verse shows over the years.

'Batwoman' Taps Javicia Leslie to Take Over Title Role

I suppose I should reserve final judgement until I see Javica in action.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal