Author Topic: The spaceship is here  (Read 38679 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
The spaceship is here
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2019, 20:47 »
Its here...the AX8 and the AX4...the former cost a whopping $659 and the latter at a much reasonable price of $399.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:07 by desray »

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: The spaceship is here
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2019, 12:59 »
I use proper commercial based Unifi USG3 router and AC-Pro wifi. never again consumer rubbish

the AC-Pro looks like UFO...thats a spaceship right :P

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 13:11 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
The spaceship is here
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2019, 09:08 »
Its here...the AX8 and the AX4...the former cost a whopping $659 and the latter at a much reasonable price of $399.

Pulled the trigger and got myself the new AX4. So far loving the performance. Streaming 8K YouTube clips is a cinch.

The key here is OFDMA. Sending sub packets of data concurrently to the router for processing instead of one stream at a time by each individual devices. This proves to be an important feature even for network streaming over wired connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:10 by desray »

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2019, 14:16 »
I use proper commercial based Unifi USG3 router and AC-Pro wifi. never again consumer rubbish

the AC-Pro looks like UFO...thats a spaceship right :P

I got these installed in the 2 homes I have.  I think these got the biggest advantage because they operate off 48VDC power supply.  That means RF output is even greater than the consumer stuff!!

(Audio)

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2019, 21:47 »

I got these installed in the 2 homes I have.  I think these got the biggest advantage because they operate off 48VDC power supply.  That means RF output is even greater than the consumer stuff!!

(Audio)

Wifi RF output doesn't get higher if they operate at 48Vdc. RF output power is really the same as the normal stuff.
Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2019, 13:46 »
Wifi RF output doesn't get higher if they operate at 48Vdc. RF output power is really the same as the normal stuff.

Well, wishful thinking.   Loves the idea of powering an RF amp with 48VDC nevertheless.  I assumed because American installator only uses 2 of these to provide wifi to a small hotel.

(Audio)