Author Topic: 23rd MO: Adjustable Quartz/Spring Footers and Carbon Fiber Block (MO is closed)  (Read 13026 times)

Offline KopiOkaya

• Trade Count: (+9)
MO is closed

I am conducting the 23rd mass order for quartz footers and carbon fiber composite blocks for turntable, CD player, Blu-Ray player, DAC, amp, subwoofer and loudspeakers, etc, specially catered to the needs of audiophiles and home theater enthusiasts.

Their prices are:

Adjustable quartz footers : SGD 35 per set (1 set consists of 4 quartz feet)
Tunable spring footers : SGD 35 per set (1 set consists of 4 spring feet)
Carbon fiber composite isolation block : SGD 35 per block

MO closes on Sunday, 5th May 2019 at 9pm (Last order at 8pm). All payments are to be paid in full.

I accept payment prior to ordering via PayNow, POSB/DBS/UOB/OCBC ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah!/OCBC Pay Anyone. International buyers may use PayPal (add 3.9% + SGD0.50 to the final total). Interested buyers please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please provide your name. Do not call or SMS after 10pm and before 7am)

All items listed are strictly sold through mass order ONLY. I do not have overstock.

It takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks from order to collection of goods.

I offer 2 methods of collection and delivery. They are:

1. Self-collect at my block in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (weekday after 9pm or Sunday afternoon), or
2. 2. Via SingPost SmartPac with tracking SGD 5 for up to 3kg or package size 300mm x 190mm x 70mm. Delivery to doorstep or letterbox within mainland Singapore

----------

ADJUSTABLE QUARTZ FOOTERS : SGD 35 per set (1 set consists of 4 quartz footers), SGD 10 per foot

INTRODUCTION:

In collaboration with Aucharm (yes, the ground box maker), let me introduce these quartz footer to the audiophile community. Carefully machined from premium aerospace-grade aluminium stock (2024-T3) and generously filled with rare-earth quartz. These footers are perfect for CD transport, reel-to-reel tape player and turntable. They are exceptional with DAC, phono stage, pre and power amplifiers too. Every footer is height-adjustable up to 7 mm for quick leveling*.

The immediate audible effects are darker, quieter, cleaner background. Improved musical body and tonality. Wider, deeper soundstage, as well as more localized stereo imaging. Most importantly these quartz footers do not "thin" or 'harden" sound like spikes, cones and ceramic ball footers, which many of my customers have experienced. In fact, quartz footers are developed to enhance and NOT to alter the original sound signature of your equipment.

* Be very careful while twisting the base during height adjustment or you may spill its content.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Bed diameter: 38 mm
Base diameter: 44.5 mm
Height: 39 mm to 46 mm (adjustable)
Material: Aerospace-grade aluminium (2024-T3)
Filling: Rare-earth quartz (Black tourmaline)
Maximum support weight: 25 kg (55 lbs) per foot

----------

TUNABLE SPRING FOOTERS : SGD 35 per set (1 set consists of 4 spring footers), SGD 10 per foot

WARNING:  DO NOT USE SPRING FOOTERS FOR TURNTABLE.

INTRODUCTION:

These spring footers are the bestseller since 2013... and for good reasons. They give the most audible and immediate improvements. You will experience wider soundstage. Better stereo imaging. Improved midrange and low-end. Top-end becomes more airy and open. Vocals are three-dimensional and forward. Systems turn out more transparent and musical. Some customers even claimed that their systems are few decibels louder! There was even a customer who used them under his tower PC to reduce chassis and fan noise.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Diameter: 43.3 mm
Height: 35.5 mm
Body material: Plexiglass (Polymethyl methacrylate)
Buffering material: Polyester wool
Spring material: Stainless steel (302)
Maximum support weight: 7 kg (15 lbs) per foot

----------

CARBON FIBER COMPOSITE ISOLATION BLOCK : SGD 35 per block

INTRODUCTION:

I discovered these carbon fiber blocks by accident. What happened was one of my MO regulars wanted something different other than the spring-loaded isolation feet (he bought some from me). He didn't want spikes or cones. I remembered my supplier has a type of carbon fiber blocks that work differently from conventional isolation devices. They are great for structurally-compromised platform such as wall shelves and bookshelves, as well as many hifi equipment racks made of laminated fiber boards. They help control and suppress passive resonance. Initially I was reluctant to bring in these blocks because of their higher price but after I tried them, I am convinced they are worth the price.

These carbon fiber blocks work fantastically with my Tivoli Audio Model One FM/AM radio. My mono radio actually sounds stereo (no kidding!). Instruments are more 3D and open. Vocals are more lifelike and robust. Overall, the radio sounds so much better than before. My Tivoli radio is sitting on a MDF wall shelf in my home office.

After this "accident", I decided to offer these blocks as part of my isolation devices mass order.

WHAT IS PASSIVE RESONANCE?

Vibration not only comes from mechanical components such as CD or record player. Pre-amp, power-amp, DAC and other non-mechanical equipment vibrate as well. This type of vibration is known as passive resonance.

Take a look at our entire audio system... The largest oscillator (or vibrating body) is the loudspeakers. More than 80% of Singaporeans live in a flat or apartment. Within such a small and enclosed space, the higher the sound pressure, the greater the vibration. Modern furnishings such as wood floors, racks, shelves and tabletops, etc. are made of thin, hollow or semi-hollow plywood and MDF boards. They are especially susceptible to passive resonance. These carbon fiber blocks will buffer and suppress passive resonance to give a cleaner, clearer and more stable soundscape.

Can be used as damping and tuning mechanism as well

FEATURES:
  • Best results when used on structurally-compromised platforms such as frame racks, plywood bookshelves and wall shelves
  • Use under speaker or subwoofer
  • Damping mechanism that tunes loudspeakers, turntable and CD player
  • Can be used together with tunable isolation footers for additional vibration control
  • Supports up to 100 kg per block

SPECIFICATIONS:

Length: 60.0 mm
Width: 60.0 mm
Height: 26.0 mm
Weight: 150 g
Material: Graphite reinforced polymers (manufactured by Toray Industries, Japan)
Binding material: Epoxy resins (polyepoxides)
Maximum support weight: 100 kg (220 lbs) per block

[photos: KopiOKaya, except the drawing and demo photos which was provided by the manufacturer]

----------
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 14:06 by KopiOkaya »
Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

Offline KopiOkaya

TESTIMONIES:

“Do I genuinely believe these tweakers work? Yes, I do. In fact, I think they are the best I have tried yet..." - Michael Stevenson (spring footers)

-----

"Really effective with my Esoteric DAC. Immediately sound becomes more transparent and cleaner than the wood cones I used previously." - Darren (spring footers)

-----

"Soundstage widen and better separation. Depth does not change much - which is good because I don't want to bring the sound any more forward. Focusing improve but by not much compared to my present footers. A positive upgrade overall." - Clarence (spring footers)

-----

"I am enjoying every moment this tweak. These footers give me surprises and experiences that make this hobby fun and meaningful." - Willy Ong (spring footers)

-----

"My friend Timothy recommended your products to me. True enough, these footers improve my system sound. I use them under my speakers too." - Lionel (spring footers)

-----

"Four weeks of waiting and the footers finally arrived. They are WORTH THE WAIT! My system never sounded so good. I am a happy camper." - Boon (spring footers)

-----

"These little gadgets work for me. I use them under my Wadia CD transport and the sound becomes more transparent, more open and cleaner. Service from the MO seller is very good too. Very prompt and polite."  - Frederic Low (spring footers)

-----

"I tested the footers on my pre and power amps but decided to use them under both Jeff Rowland 201 amps. The improvement in sound is significant..." - Joe Won (spring footers)

-----

"The upper midrange of my Ayre SACD player opens up. Female vocals sound livelier yet not bright. Thanks to these footers, my player has been "upgraded". - Trevor Pheng (spring footers)

-----

"My Marantz CD17 never sounded so good. A happy customer...." - Yeo Kee Guan (carbon fiber blocks)

-----

"I have used a lot of hifi tweaks; you name it, I've used it. I am not endorsing for Larry (the MO organizer) but these footers really work. Best of all, they are not expensive. Now my digital source sounds like a breathe of fresh air." - Glenn (spring footers)

-----

"I am using them for my CD player with very good result. The sound open up, relax and more natural. I'm surprised I could hear the big change in sound. Thank you for conducting the MO." - Wong Y.W. (spring footers)

-----

"Hi Larry, I put the spring footers under my Esoteric P700 transport last night and listened to a few tracks. The sound improvement is significant. Texture and sound stage are better. Music flows better." - Mr. Tan (spring footers)

-----

"Neat little pods for my CD player. Sounds more open now. Vocals have more "body" and is warmer. Thanks for the MO." - Tan KS (spring footers)

-----

"I use the footers under my DAC. Definitely can hear the difference." - Jimmy Teo (spring footers)

-----

"They (the footers) are sitting under my tube amp now. My air can "breathe" better now and the bass is better too. Thanks!" - Thomas Lim (spring footers)

-----

"Tried the footers on my cdp & I can hear some details that I have not heard before. Good investment." - Mr Chan (spring footers)

-----

"Great isolation device. I put them under my tube amp. The sound is more defined, more bodied, better depth and image-layering. A satisfied customer." - Henderson Yan (spring footers)

-----

"Thanks for your recommendation. My system never sounded better." - James Ng (quartz footers)

-----

"These footers sit comfortably under my CD player. Cheers." - Raymond Song (spring footers)

-----

"Your isolation footers are great addition to my audio arsenal. Thanks Larry!" - Harry Cheong (spring footers)

-----

"Let me add to your many testimonies... Very effective footers. My DAC sounds great." -Desmond Lim (spring footers)

-----

"Thanks for the footers... Awesome! Improved imaging and background music. Love it." - Edward (spring footers)

-----

"Thanks for the effort. The blocks and footers improved my setup..." - David Teoh (carbon fiber blocks and quartz footers)

-----

"The blocks are seated under my monoblocks. Sounds great!" Mr Beh (carbon fiber blocks)

-----

"My second purchase. I find these footers to be most effective under my tube amps. Improved clarity and more open sounding." - Edmond Ng (spring footers)

-----

"I compared these footers to Gyrotension Vega Isolators. The footers work better for my turntable, whereas the Vegas are better for my tube amps. On the Vegas, the turntable sounded a bit too "dry" for my liking. These are just perfect! By the way, I am using 4 springs per foot." - Dennis Yu (spring footers)

-----

"My CD player sounds louder and more open. I am impressed!" - Thian Y S (spring footers)

-----
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 14:27 by KopiOkaya »
Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

Offline KopiOkaya

Re: 23rd MO: Adjustable Quartz / Spring Footers and Carbon Fiber Block
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:33 »
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Which footer is better?
Hifi footers are like medicine. There is no such thing call "better" medicine, just which one is more suitable for treating certain ailment and for your body condition. Every footer has its pros and cons. I don't claimed to be an expert but I have tried most of them. Contact me if you need advice. 

Can I buy other type of footer through you?
Of course you can... Provided my supplier have it in stock.

Is it OK to use one type of footer throughout my system?
This is generally NOT recommended. Using the same type of footers throughout a system may have adverse effects on the overall sound. You probably heard of the famous quote - "Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing"... This applies to using footers. 

My friend bought this expensive footer. He keeps telling me to buy the same footer he is using and stop wasting money on cheap footers. Is he guiding me correctly?
He is your friend and it is not up to me to tell you whether he is right or wrong. You, as a grown adult, should decide yourself. But definitely one thing I can tell you is he has a very narrow mind. "Atas" footers are not always better. I have friends who are using very expensive footers but they find some cheaper footers perform as well or better. Personally, I rather spend the money on better equipment. Bear in mind that this hobby of ours is a bottomless pit. We can never spend enough.

Can I use one type of footer on another type of footer?
Again, this is generally NOT recommended. Doing so will affect the performance of the footer... Just like adding rocket boosters to a Ferrari. 

I don't believe in footers but I want to try. Which one should I pick?
Hahaha, you cannot resist the temptation don't you? Okay, I suggest you try the spring footers. They give the most noticeable and immediate effects. Use them under your source player. 

I have tried all kinds of footer and nothing seems to work... Why?
Whoever wants to try hifi footers should use them with an open mind. Don't put your expectations too high. Some footers give immediate effects whereas some require very focused listening.

----------
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 14:35 by KopiOkaya »

Offline KopiOkaya

PLEASE DO NOT PLACE YOUR ORDERS HERE.

Strictly no discussions, comments and preposterous remarks on this thread. I want to keep it as clean as possible. Appreciate your cooperation.

Offline KopiOkaya