Author Topic: Line Magnetic  (Read 45488 times)

Offline suntzu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Making it Happen
Re: Line Magnetic
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 18:37 »
Can be arranged, maybe next Fri
Btw the sound stage is very different between showroom n my little sound room ;)

Hi atx2,

Its great to find an owner of Line Magnetic LM219IA. I am very interested in this amp to pair with my high sensitivity Klipsch Cornwall speakers. I have been searching for a great amp to play all kinds of music because my musical interests are all over the place.

Please share with me.

1. Does the amp really run very hot? I see all the big tubes and can imagine after few hours could get quite hot. Is it necessary to turn on air-con all the time?
2. Hows the bass like? Can it play rock music well? I'm pretty sure it will play vocals, classical and jazz well. Its rock music I'm concerned about.
3. Are you happy with the stock tubes that came with your amp? I read some users have changed the 12AX7 tubes for better sound.

Overall, what is your impression of this amp compared to previous amps you've owned?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

JT

Offline atx2

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 09:48 »
Hi Suntzu, here's some of my feedback to your question. Hope this help.

1. Does the amp really run very hot? I see all the big tubes and can imagine after few hours could get quite hot. Is it necessary to turn on air-con all the time?
Ans: Yes, Hot if u r sitting next to it, i guess nobody will put a 845 amp next to the sitting area. One bro ask the same question as u n i've did a test to show him that is ok even if the air-con was off when playing. BTW all window always close in my room.

2. Hows the bass like? Can it play rock music well? I'm pretty sure it will play vocals, classical and jazz well. Its rock music I'm concerned about.
Ans: I'm using LS3/5 so as for bass.... you can ask the rest who have listen :P. If u r a rocker u should use a SS amp rather then a tube amp.

3. Are you happy with the stock tubes that came with your amp? I read some users have changed the 12AX7 tubes for better sound.
Ans: I'm not a Hi-end user so i'm happy with it  ;)

4. Overall, what is your impression of this amp compared to previous amps you've owned?
Ans: i've owned many diff amps - i should say all different class because most of them is SS amp but if talking about the value of this amp. 3 words for it "CHEAP,GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY"

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:50 by atx2 »
Analog all the way...

Offline suntzu

• Making it Happen
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 20:03 »
Hi Atx2,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.  I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. It's a beautiful looking amp with great internal parts. Like u say its good value for money.

My little problem is I listen to all types of music. I'm happy with my Leben tube amp with my Cornwall speakers. It plays most music well but it's only rock music which I feel I need more slam to feel more shoik. So I'm looking for a tube amp that can rock out when I want to.

Enjoy your Line Magnetic amp.

ghemml

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 20:05 »
Hi Atx2,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.  I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. It's a beautiful looking amp with great internal parts. Like u say its good value for money.

My little problem is I listen to all types of music. I'm happy with my Leben tube amp with my Cornwall speakers. It plays most music well but it's only rock music which I feel I need more slam to feel more shoik. So I'm looking for a tube amp that can rock out when I want to.

Enjoy your Line Magnetic amp.

Probably you should get a KT120 PP

ghemml

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 20:19 »

Offline sail

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 21:51 »
Must thanks  atx2 for his hospitality to audition his setup, I must say 219 is really a very good integrated amp, it just sounds so 'right' IMO very organic. For more info you may want to check :

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/line-magnetic-219ia-integrated-tube-amp-review-300b-and-845-tube-magic/

Offline suntzu

• Making it Happen
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 23:17 »
Hi ghemmi,

It's a brilliant suggestion. Maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree, I love how a good SET amp can bring that airy transparent sound to vocals and acoustic instruments. I just think for the type of sound in enjoy I need a little tighter bass and slam when I listen to rock music. I am still looking forward to listening to the LM 219iA. It's got amazing reviews.

Which of the two LM Gold series amps do you think is more suitable for me? The LM 501IA or LM 518IA? I'm not sure if the LM dealer here brings in both of these amps.

Thanks.

ghemml

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 11:10 »
Hi ghemmi,

It's a brilliant suggestion. Maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree, I love how a good SET amp can bring that airy transparent sound to vocals and acoustic instruments. I just think for the type of sound in enjoy I need a little tighter bass and slam when I listen to rock music. I am still looking forward to listening to the LM 219iA. It's got amazing reviews.

Which of the two LM Gold series amps do you think is more suitable for me? The LM 501IA or LM 518IA? I'm not sure if the LM dealer here brings in both of these amps.

Thanks.

The KT120 PP has a tighter bass which personally I heard them and compared to the KT88 PP and the 845. Vocal wise the 518 will be much better. But ultimately also have to depend on your source.

The KT120 is on display at Robert's shop and if I'm not wrong he also has the 518.

Offline atx2

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09 »
Must thanks  atx2 for his hospitality to audition his setup, I must say 219 is really a very good integrated amp, it just sounds so 'right' IMO very organic. For more info you may want to check :

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/line-magnetic-219ia-integrated-tube-amp-review-300b-and-845-tube-magic/

You r welcome :)
Analog all the way...

Offline louhan

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 23:53 »
Bro atx2, since you got chance to test both silver and black 219, any difference in sound?
ML39->SA102->S25

Offline atx2

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 12:24 »
Any Line Magnetic user in this forum ?
Analog all the way...

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 14:53 »
Yes I am line magnetic user .

Offline watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 14:57 »
Yes I am line magnetic user .

Wah Bro. Upgraded your amps ?
Less is more !

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 15:18 »
Rogue Audio power amp to Line Magnetic integrated amp consider upgrade meh....? ;D

Anyway nothing to do with their amp.... ;D ;D

I am line magnetic user since last year Dec , brought it at GZ hifi show last year, RMB 180 only, using it for my TT motor and external USB harsdisk....not sure how much local agent selling.... :P  :D

Just joke a little atx2 don't mind har... ;D

Offline atx2

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 15:31 »
lololol...
Analog all the way...