Author Topic: Line Magnetic  (Read 44946 times)

Offline louhan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Line Magnetic
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2016, 22:23 »
Changed my LM219ia preamp tube to nos Mullard 12ax7 sound much nicer.
ML39->SA102->S25

Offline zorden2003

« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2016, 18:06 »
I find my new  kt88 is bright n harsh as compare to the stock tubes. How many hours needed for the burn in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SPEAKER:B&W 805 D3
AMP: LM 518IA
Pre AmP: C2600
SOURCE: OPPO 105

Offline suntzu

• Making it Happen
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2016, 19:21 »
Changed my LM219ia preamp tube to nos Mullard 12ax7 sound much nicer.

Nice Louhan. I'm using the PsVane 12AX7 TII tubes. I like it. I believe switching to 12AX7 NOS tubes should have improvements. Mallards are classic !

Offline suntzu

• Making it Happen
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2016, 19:22 »
I find my new  kt88 is bright n harsh as compare to the stock tubes. How many hours needed for the burn in?

Yeah they'll take a while zorden2003. Be patient. Maybe another 60 hrs :) Average 2 hrs of music a day will only take you one month to hear some improvements. Which KT 88 tubes are you using?

Offline zorden2003

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2016, 21:53 »
Gold lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SPEAKER:B&W 805 D3
AMP: LM 518IA
Pre AmP: C2600
SOURCE: OPPO 105

Offline stump

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2016, 14:17 »
With winter around the corner My LM 219IA with LM 129 Pre-Amp has taken centre stage.Will do a Mono Block upgrade before the end of the year.So many options with LM.Would like some input if anyone has any of these 4 in there setup.?
Line Magnetic 503-PA Mono amp
Line Magnetic LM-513PA
Line Magnetic G-212 power amplifier
WE41.2-212 Vacuum Tube Monoblock

Offline yanwei

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2016, 03:05 »
Hi guys. I'm thinking of upgrading my lm-216 to 219 once my open baffle speakers are ready. Will there be a noticeable difference since moving from push pull amp to set? Now still using stock tubes. Pre amp is just a lowly umc-1 because streaming music.
Stereo setup: Auralic, Audiobyte, Rockna, Line Magnetic, Pure Audio Project, Ansuz, Western Electric, Shuguang
HT setup: Emotiva, Seaton, SVS, Sony, Dark Energy Screen

Offline louhan

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2016, 23:02 »
A few days back plugged my SS preamp to the LM219 just for fun to test out the preamp. LM219 is switched to function as power amp mode. Surprisingly changed the sound a lot, much better than what I expected. Guess the preamp will remain hooked to my LM219.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 23:06 by louhan »
ML39->SA102->S25

Offline Tube LOver

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16 »

Hi guys ,i'm the user of LM518a living in the west - Bukit Panjang area. I bought the first
   shipment of the LM518a (orange color) from Robert . My humble system is cd player-Ayre spk is Harberth P3ESR and line conditioner is Ansuz 8D. I have replaced all the stock tubes  to PsVane except rectifier tube using WE replica 5AR4.Enjoy the performance of this amp everytime i play my music in the room. 

Offline stump

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2016, 10:24 »
A few days back plugged my SS preamp to the LM219 just for fun to test out the preamp. LM219 is switched to function as power amp mode. Surprisingly changed the sound a lot, much better than what I expected. Guess the preamp will remain hooked to my LM219.

Wait till you try the Line Magnetic LM129 Line preamp 8)

Offline yanwei

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2017, 06:15 »
Thread revival!
I just traded in my lm216 for a lm219 with some mods today at Robert's shop. As the modding time is about 2 weeks or so, I requested for a replacement amp and Robert kindly obliged.

Right now, I'm using a lm218 with PAP trio15 OB speakers. The sound is so different from my previous amp! Dynamic and vocals very engaging. Vocals are clearer and feel more forward with instruments slightly behind. This amp easily creates a bigger and more covincing wall of music compared to the 216.

Maybe it is due to this being single ended compared to push pull.
Now I just can't wait for the 219 to arrived mid March modded and burnt in.

Btw, I live in Hougang so if anyone would like to hear what the 219 can do with open baffle speakers are welcome to have a listen, albeit weird listening times, haha!
Stereo setup: Auralic, Audiobyte, Rockna, Line Magnetic, Pure Audio Project, Ansuz, Western Electric, Shuguang

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2017, 13:10 »
Thread revival!
I just traded in my lm216 for a lm219 with some mods today at Robert's shop. As the modding time is about 2 weeks or so, I requested for a replacement amp and Robert kindly obliged.

Right now, I'm using a lm218 with PAP trio15 OB speakers. The sound is so different from my previous amp! Dynamic and vocals very engaging. Vocals are clearer and feel more forward with instruments slightly behind. This amp easily creates a bigger and more covincing wall of music compared to the 216.

Maybe it is due to this being single ended compared to push pull.
Now I just can't wait for the 219 to arrived mid March modded and burnt in.

Btw, I live in Hougang so if anyone would like to hear what the 219 can do with open baffle speakers are welcome to have a listen, albeit weird listening times, haha!

Intertesing , any photos of the PAP speaker? Which configuration you using ?

Offline yanwei

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2017, 03:57 »
Intertesing , any photos of the PAP speaker? Which configuration you using ?

Bro Joamonte, here's a pic of my current setup. (Paiseh, a bit very messy)
The amp is a lm218, on loan from Robert until the 219 is ready.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4xgGXdXshZ-MVpYaWZldWRfMXM

Need advice on front end.
Currently using bro Cash's Onkyo Digital Audio Player as source, need to find a new source soon.
Been considering Auralic Aries Mini with integrated DAC.
Have listened to Rockna wavedream dac with LM cd player at Robert's, very shiok sounding, but too expensive for me.
Mainly listen to jazz, some classical, guitar music, female vocals, laidback music.

I don't have any CDs to begin with, so getting a CD player is a bit out of question for me. Prefer streaming Lossless files or bor bian then Spotify.

Offline lockeray

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2018, 22:05 »
Hope to revive this thread and get some discussion going on line magnetic amps.

Any lm219ia users here that are into tube rolling? Hope to find out ur impressions on your choice combination of 845s and 300bs ☺

Offline Charcoal

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2018, 12:31 »
Which model likely the best bet with big JBL 43 speakers?