Author Topic: Emotiva XMC-1 Owners thread and news  (Read 25555 times)

Offline transmat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Snr Member
Re: Emotiva XMC-1 Owners thread and news
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 16:59 »
There is an off with full shutdown that takes about a minute to boot up,and a standby mode that wakes up instantly. You can set the options under advanced prefs iirc

Hey Paul, in the video on standby mode, is your halo ring orange or purple? Mine is orange - Standby to On is instant.

From XMC-1 manual.
In Video on Standby Mode, turning the XMC-1 On using the rear panel Power switch will cause
it to first load the XMC-1 Operating System, then return to Standby Mode. (While the operating
system is loading, the halo ring around the Standby button will illuminate blue. Once the
operating system is loaded, the XMC-1 will drop into Standby Mode and the halo ring will
change to purple.) Since the operating system remains loaded while the XMC-1 is in Standby
Mode, switching between On and Standby Mode can then be accomplished very quickly.)

Also, I don't have this two options on my system

OSD Color
The OSD Color control allows you to pick from amongst several different “color themes” for the XMC-1’s on-screen display.

OSD Wide
When OSD Wide is enabled, the on-screen display will be displayed at double its normal width, which may improve visibility on 4k screens.

My firmware is 2.0. Do you any of you have these options? Is this a firmware 3.0 option?

Thanks!

Panny 50V20, Emotiva XMC-1, Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, OPPO 83SE, PS3, AppleTV4, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, DefTech CS8040HD, Aerial Acoustics SR3, KK DXD808

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 18:37 »
osd colour and wide are V3 options 8)
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline transmat

• Snr Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 18:53 »
osd colour and wide are V3 options 8)

IC.. have you upgraded to v3? any issues?
Panny 50V20, Emotiva XMC-1, Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, OPPO 83SE, PS3, AppleTV4, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, DefTech CS8040HD, Aerial Acoustics SR3, KK DXD808

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 20:59 »
I have avoided it despite having 2 XMC-1's ... another I know here has tried going from V1.3 to V3 and then backed down to V2 due to issues.

Simon maybe yours is V3 as I think most units shipping after 1st April went out with V3
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline transmat

• Snr Member
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 21:13 »
I have avoided it despite having 2 XMC-1's ... another I know here has tried going from V1.3 to V3 and then backed down to V2 due to issues.

Simon maybe yours is V3 as I think most units shipping after 1st April went out with V3

I updated mine to v2.0.. didnt check if it came preinstalled with v3... LOL

Offline wizardofoz

Offline wizardofoz

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 02:59 »
For those thinking about the xmc-1 or if you have one

http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/xmc-1-7.2-av-processor

Offline luqman123

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 09:06 »
Still waiting for atmos announcement!

Offline jac5blues

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • EMOTIVA
    • jagsandhu1954@gmail.com
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 11:23 »
....Loving it
Onkyo RZ 1100....5.1.4
OPPO 103D
Dynaudio 3/7
Dynaudio DM center.
Cervin Vega
SVS PB 2000
Panny 60
Cables:::: QED XT 400/Canare 4s11/BJC LC 1/Monoprice
GW conditioner

Offline tane0019

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 3rd Rock from the SUN - Middle Earth
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 11:44 »
For those thinking about the xmc-1 or if you have one
http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/xmc-1-7.2-av-processor

Interesting +ve comments about it Stereo performance.

Should be idea to combine the AV/Stereo into one single pre-amp (if it doesn't sacrifice the pure stereo performance).

Wondering how it compare to the similar Marantz AV-pre ??
+ve Marantz: Atmos, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, 11.2
+ve XMC1: Dirac DSP, parametric EQ

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 11:54 »
Atmos/auro will not come to the xmc-1...dts-X a maybe

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 13:16 »
Seems there is now an xmc remote iOS app on the App Store- and appears to be from Emotiva

I have it but am outstation till Thursday eve so appreciate anyone who can install and try it.

Some comments would imply that you need to restart the iOS device to get it to see the xmc

And it of course has to be in the same network as the xmc and xmc has to be connected too via the LAN connection. Personally I use fixed ip addresses and I have 2 xmc to test with too :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 13:20 by wizardofoz »

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 00:15 »
V3.1 xmc firmware imminent... Maybe today if we are lucky.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2015, 10:11 »
It's up. http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/44340/xmc-1-firmware-3-experiences?page=1#scrollTo=768281

Well on my stereo rig I have done the update...so dsotm SACD is playing fine on the oppo with no noises skipping or stopping the disk tracks, and best of all no missing audio without the tv being on.

BUT WHEN SWITCHING THE TV ON WHILE PLAYING ITS A DIFFERENT STORY....CRACKS AND POPS ABOUND, now I expect an audio mute while the HDMI resumes but not nasty noises. So as usual still some work to do in the HDMI department

Now the DSD rate seems to display correctly too so that's good.

Now where is the sleep feature...this thing runs linux so it's got a clock in there...let's use it...and have it optionally displayed too on the front :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:16 by wizardofoz »