Author Topic: Emotiva XMC-1 Owners thread and news  (Read 27079 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Emotiva XMC-1 Owners thread and news
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2018, 16:08 »
Im wondering if they let people get them yet without shipping their units to a dealer
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline yanwei

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2018, 18:48 »
Im wondering if they let people get them yet without shipping their units to a dealer

Likely not. At least not for the faint hearted users like me.
Stereo setup: Auralic, Audiobyte, Rockna, Line Magnetic, Pure Audio Project, Ansuz, Western Electric, Shuguang
HT setup: Emotiva, Seaton, SVS, Sony

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2018, 18:49 »
Likely not. At least not for the faint hearted users like me.

yes but i did all their warranty repairs here for about 7 years before KEC came on the scene
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline yanwei

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24 »

yes but i did all their warranty repairs here for about 7 years before KEC came on the scene

True. I guess we'll just have to wait and see once the boards are available.
Stereo setup: Auralic, Audiobyte, Rockna, Line Magnetic, Pure Audio Project, Ansuz, Western Electric, Shuguang

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2018, 12:48 »
you could turn Emotiva blue if you hold your breath. hurry up and wait ... Emotiva is pathetic at releasing updates and upgrades. the wait is forever usually.

Offline yanwei

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2018, 07:02 »
True. But I don't really want to go the route of buying another avr with Atmos and then another dsp that does Dirac like the drc88. Some more need 2 of these dsp units to do 5.2.4
More costs. Zzz....
And all in one like what the xmc was supposed to be would be nice in terms of hassle and costs.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52 »
hmmm Emotiva is the next USA brand with everything assembled in China... lets see how are they affected?
ProJect Q.

Offline yanwei

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2019, 18:44 »
Finally! Some updates for the Atmos upgrade.

From emolounge forum, XMC-2 announcement:

The existing upgrade Atmos board to the XMC-1 that was previously announced isn't happening. Having two separate OS paths with the different chips were going to be far too expensive and time consuming for the engineering team. Instead, we will offer an upgrade path to a brand new XMC-2 unit with a trade in program.

For any person who owns an XMC-1 with the V3 board, you can upgrade to a brand new XMC-2 for $650. If you have an XMC-1 without the V3 board, it will be $1,050 to upgrade.

Basically getting a brand new unit for the price of what the Atmos board upgrade was going to be.

We will have an official announcement hitting the site soon but wanted to give you the heads up first.

Offline yanwei

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2019, 23:19 »
Good news to all xmc-1 owners! The xmc upgrade has been officially announced!

Read the news here:
https://emotiva.com/blogs/info-hub-1/xmc-1-to-xmc-2-trade-in-and-upgrade-program

Personally, I'll be upgrading to the rmc-1L due to small room configuration. Don't need all the bells and whistles of the rmc-1 itself.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2019, 18:59 »
Ok so some options here ... mass shipment to Emotiva or individual shipments. Lug your box to the USA on a trip and ship it locally to franklin con usa.

how many owners here considering the trade in upgrade?

Offline P.J.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2019, 19:09 »
Ok so some options here ... mass shipment to Emotiva or individual shipments. Lug your box to the USA on a trip and ship it locally to franklin con usa.

how many owners here considering the trade in upgrade?

Bro Wiz u potentially got a good deal as u still hold on to 2 xmc1 with 40% card. Tats if u still got faith in their pre pro...sold mine 3 weeks ago

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2019, 00:02 »
XMC-1 has been very reliable for the most part...the odd lock up but can go months without any issues.

I'm not offering a mass return/trade-in in case anyone thinks I am. It might be an option if the timing is bad as Im heading to the USA and can hand carry 1 or 2 of mine to get the trade-ins done if they are available when I travel mid July

Offline transmat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2019, 10:39 »
I wouldn’t mind trading in if the turn around is quick.  Don’t think i kept the original boxes though. Hope that won’t be an issue.
Panny 50V20, Emotiva XMC-1, Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, OPPO 83SE, PS3, AppleTV4, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, DefTech CS8040HD, Aerial Acoustics SR3, KK DXD808

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2019, 11:19 »
I have both my XMC-1 boxes...maybe ill sell them for $500 each hahahaha just kidding.

Offline yanwei

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2019, 01:10 »
I won't be trading in my xmc-1 after all. It's working very well and there's no point in paying another usd 3k to trade in this working unit. I'll be looking at buying an anthem avm 60 instead from a dealer in Vietnam (it's made in Vietnam anyway). Same price as buying from the US but if warranty needed still not as bad since hcmc is just a short flight away.