Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 27451 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 12:23 »
Season 2 is almost upon us!

And for those who need a quick recap of season 1, here's TheFineBros doing an incredible job of highlighting all the main plot points in 9 mins.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eeb8p8aebpw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Eeb8p8aebpw&fs=1</a>

And AXN is actually telecasting the show within 12 hrs from US which is just fantastic. The Blacklist S02 premiers Tue Sep 23 10pm.

Click here for more info.

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 10:58 »
Fantastic! I can't wait!

The past few weeks have been a real entertainment drought, so many TV shows in-between seasons.

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 01:38 »
spent the last few days streaming this on Netflix - very entertaining. the pacing, action & drama reminds me a lot of 24. and like 24, you need to suspend your disbelief to enjoy the series. i hope Peter Stormare gets more screen time in season 2 - really looking fwd to this one! :)
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 16:46 »

That pic just looks weird, like it's been overly photoshopped or something.  But why was it even necessary to photoshop James Spader's mug?  Nobody is going to mind a few blemishes and wrinkles on our favourite anti-hero...
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 13:36 »
What a way for Season 2 to start. Literally with a bang!

Episode 1 delivers by continuing with the war between Red and Berlin. And how things just seems to continue to escalate. And in between, the writers managed to come up with a new Blacklister for our task force to tackle. And we even got some Megan Boone eye candies moment! ;D

The writings continued to be very strong. And we get enough intrigue to get us hooked and interested. Cant wait for more.

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 02:05 »
2 episodes into the 2nd season and it's been a great start! i'm glad we will be seeing more of that Mossad agent ;) and hopefully more of Mary-Louise Parker too. very interesting to note how Red & Berlin now have a "common enemy" - i hope the writers develop this storyline more as the season progresses.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2014, 17:31 »
Just watch the two EP...not bad...

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2014, 22:22 »
[POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING AHEAD]

Pls dun read further if you dun want to be spoilt especially if you had not season 2 episodes yet.

After the explosive 1st episodes for Season 2, ep 3 is kinda of disappointing. No it was not a bad episode. The writing was still as crisp. The action and plot still move along at a frenzy pace. And there's more twist and turn than you can find in a wlatz. But for all its fancy smoke and mirror, its starting to become formulistic.

Basically an episode of Blacklist is starting to play out like this: Red brings someone from his Blacklist to the attention of the FBI taskforce>> The FBI hunts him/her down, with a dose of assistance of Red along the way >> The target gets captured or captured, the threat is eliminated >> We learnt that Red has a hidden agenda for taking the target down.

So knowing all of the above, nothing that happens in Ep 3 come as a big surprise. Not even the dream that Liz has of Tom in her apartment.

Yeah, there is still some overarching plot. And more elements are injected. But ultimately if every episode is going to play out as above, then its going to grew weary pretty quickly.

So what can the writers do to inject some freshness into the show? Who knows? We will have to wait an see. But its was not the best Blacklist episode.

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 13:07 »
POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD - PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 2 EPISODE 3.

The way I see it, the “criminal of the week” plot device will serve a higher purpose when all the pieces fit together as we approach the season finale. This is pretty much how it played out during the first season. No doubt Dr Covington from episode 3 was exposed so that ultimately it would benefit Red in some way – in this case, it was so that one of his stumbling blocks can be removed. Among all the blacklist members thus far, I was most sorry to see Dr Covington go because of his hidden agenda.

The last scene from episode 3 shows Red meeting his wife and I think there’s potential for the writers to go in this direction. And that would probably lead to the mystery of his daughter as well. I don’t feel bored by this show – yet :)
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 14:35 »
I thought as season premiers went, the first episode of Blacklist this year didn't deliver. After hyping up Berlin as the big bad in last season, he seemed almost a whimper :)

This week's episode was almost by the numbers - downright predictable.

But I am watching because I want to see it all play out.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 04:15 »
Usually I try to wait till at least 75% of a TV series is released before I start watching it, because I hate waiting 1 week for the next episode.
But with an active discussion here, it piqued my interest, so I started watching once I got episode 3.

[SPOILER WARNING AHEAD]

I have to agree that Berlin is a little underwhelming.
I had expected someone more intense (or insane?) or at least some ruthless, murderous madman.
That he turns out to be like Red - some kind of criminal "businessman" is a bit of a letdown.

I love the addition of Mary Louise Parker.
However, being a fan of Weeds and having watched all 8 seasons of Weeds, it's so hard to imagine "Nancy" without a straw in her mouth and in a sexy little black dress.

Love how this new season has started. Episodes 1 & 2 were pretty explosive, but Episode 3 slowed it down a notch.
And like InnocentBlood, was really hoping Dr Covington would be let off the hook and allowed to continue what he did.
Tough moral dilemma on that one.

And since we now know that "Nancy" can throw a mean punch, I'm pretty sure we'll see more of her in the future.

Now the agonizing wait for EP4.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 21:39 »
[SPOILER AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCH S2EP 6]

I have to say that the trajectory of the Blacklist is on a steady decline. And the suspense and excitement level has really dropped off.

After the resolution of Berlin and the rescue of Red's wife, the next major suspense was the so-called 'LizzieSecret'. And frankly anyone who has been following the series would have guess by now what it was. And so when it was finally revealed, it was underwhelming to the extreme. I mean, I'm not sure if anyone really cares anymore. After all Berlin dun seems to care, so why should we?

There is a really nice touch to episode 6 though. We finally get the origin of Red's faithful sidekick Dembe. And Red tells a touching story of his upbringing.

And it seems the trend now in TV series is to create multiple finale within a season. And so it is that the show is supposedly building up to another bomb that Red will drop in the Fall finale. That means it comes really early this season with Ep 8 on Nov 10. Last yr the mid-season finale was ep 10 on Dec 2.

So does that mean we will get a Winter finale??  ???

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 09:41 »
[SPOILER AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCH S2 EP 8 aka THE FALL FINALE]

And so it end. The Berlin arc that has been running through for much of Season 1 and 8 episodes reached its conclusion and all in it was not too bad an ending. At least there was a resolution of many of the plots running for nearly 30 episodes. And while I can't say that its explosive, at least it was not underwhelming and overall rather satisfying.

At least we now know that both Red and Berlin was set up by an associate of Red, Alan Fitch. We know the identity of the girl in the locket was indeed Berlin's daughter. And perhaps not so shockingly that Tom may have been an underling of Red after all.

But of cos the death of Fitch opened up more mysteries than the resolution of the Berlin arc. Before he died, Fitch mentioned Fulcrum which is apparently in the possession of RED. And whatever this Fulcrum is, its a leverage against the shadowy group that Red and Fitch operate in. We also learnt of a safe in St Petersburg and two new name - Mitchum and Hobbs.

And yeah the ultimate mystery of all will not be revealed so early in the series - what is the exact nature of Red and Eliz.

So we now have to wait until Feb 1 for the next episode and that a long wait.  >:(

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 19:09 »
I thought the Fall finale was pretty good too - enough to make me tune in when the 2nd half of season 2 returns early next year. Sorry to see Berlin go though... I don't quite understand why Berlin had to exit the show....
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2014, 20:10 »
I thought the Fall finale was pretty good too - enough to make me tune in when the 2nd half of season 2 returns early next year. Sorry to see Berlin go though... I don't quite understand why Berlin had to exit the show....

I think it was a good decision to let Berlin go. IMO he was becoming lame. I mean for much of S01 his menacing shadow is ever looming over Red and Liz and the task force. We expect him to be a bad bad a-s-s, someone who would bite the head  off a kitten for fun. And I remember the S01 finale, I did get that vibe especially when he cut his hand off to escape. I was like wow... that a serious bad a-s-s.

And then in the 1st few episodes of S02, his menacing allure was just gone. And he turned out to be a wimpy old fart who would probably have been frightened by his own shadow. In a way, he reminded me of Alien. In the first movie, it was felt and not seen much but oh man, the horror and the tension remain a classic to this day. And then a certain JC decide to churn out a lemmings full of aliens in the sequel and somehow the horror isn't the same anymore. In this first movie, the alien was hard to kill. By the 2nd movie, marines will killing them for fun.

So yeah. Berlin is gone and I say good radiance. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 20:15 by lonewolf »