Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 27452 times)

Offline Norman_Chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 23:00 »
Ooop... :-X ....sorry... :P

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 20:00 »
[WARNINGS: SPOILERS FOLLOWS. STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOIL]

I wrote this something back:
The trailer for Ep 18 suggests that the game is afoot. Knowing Liz, she's not going to take any s**T and I can't wait for her to deliver the smakdown!  ;D

And I was not disappointed.  Ep 19 really delivers and then some!

Tom: Liz, come on. You don't have it in you.

[Bone snaps]

'nuff said!  ;D I have to say that was so satisfying because he really had it coming.

But Tom told Liz that Red is not who she thinks and that he's one of the good guy. Taking what Tom said at face value opened up some interesting plot twist which frankly I have not considered. What if Tom is *really* one of the good guys?

And what is in that safe deposit box, I wondered.

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 01:00 »
Agreed the EP 19 giving a new twist...

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 10:35 »
In 24 hours, the man behind it all arrives.

I hope the 2-part finale lives up to its hype.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 21:07 »
[Warning: Possible Spoilers Ahead]

And so it ends. I knew that someone from the task force was gonna get whacked and I wasn't really surprised who it was that bites the dust.

And frankly considering that the whole season has built up to this 2-episode finale, Berlin was quite underwhelming. And compare to the whole 'Tom Keen' arc, it wasn't as exciting or as personable. I guess part of the reason was that we never got to understand Berlin's unceasing vendetta on Red.

And I'm also not impressed with the writers' stripe tease act of again hinting that Red may be her father after all despite he denying that previously.

The Blacklist may have been the best rated new show on TV for a while, but I honestly can't see how they can continue to maintain a coherent over arcing plot that will ties in everyone else that will be featured on 'The Blacklist' next season.

And of cos Tom is also probably not dead. So I expect him to play some part next season.

Overall its been a very good season 1. Despite the underwhelming finale, it was still way better than many other Season 1 finale. So it was a series I enjoyed.

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 10:54 »
I just managed to finish EP22, I saved Episodes 19 to 22 and watched them all at once last night.
(all the while avoiding this thread because of the spoilers)

Nice ending, but I agree - a bit underwhelming after all that has happened.
I hope Season 2 picks up speed and ramps up the suspense.

Overall, very good series.  :)

Offline silencer13

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 11:14 »
[Warning: Spoilers Ahead]

One thing that I just can't understand though about the last episode.

Berlin was handcuffed to a policeman. In order to free himself, he cut his OWN hand off. I mean...... wouldn't it have been easier to cut the policeman's hand off? (like what everyone assumed?)
No matter how much of a badass he is, and assuming also that he's real smart, it would have made more sense to have his 2 hands available for whatever he was planning.

Offline vex

• Snr Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 12:57 »
I think Sam didn't actually die right ? 

Offline silencer13

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 16:44 »

You mean Sam (her father) or Tom (her husband)?
I'm pretty sure Sam died, but Tom didn't.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 14:16 »

OK here are possible spoilers/speculation.

Tom apparently told Liz before he (Tom) died that her father was still alive.

That could mean Sam is still alive but I doubt it.

You know how the guy we all know to be Berlin (except the characters in the show because let's face it who would cast Peter Stormare in an incidental role like the security guard ;) ) mentioned that Berlin is doing this to avenge his daughter?

Berlin has a photo of his daughter in his pocket watch. We later see that Red has that same exact photo just as he removes his shirt to show an injury.

So I am going out on a limb to say the girl in the photo is Liz. She was saved by Red and then handed over to Sam to raise. That's possibly why Red doesn't want to reveal who her father really is and why he stopped Sam from revealing that before his death.

As to why Red is linked to Berlin, I don't know. Might have something to do with why he apparently betrayed the CIA many years ago and why his wife and son were killed. This was hinted at in the first few episodes but they never really followed up on that.

ps I hope Tom's really dead. I think it's outlived the plot device and it was getting a bit grating towards the end. The best part was the cat and mouse stage when they were each trying to see if the other had caught on but it sorta fizzled once Tom went on the lam.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline silencer13

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 14:26 »

I thought it was quite clear right from the beginning that Sam wasn't Liz's biological father?
(Or did I assume it myself?)

I think they overdid Tom's character. made him too much of a Superman.
You mean you can get out of handcuffs just by having your thumb broken? Really can't imagine that.

Offline vex

• Snr Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 17:44 »
You mean Sam (her father) or Tom (her husband)?
I'm pretty sure Sam died, but Tom didn't.
I meant the husband Tom, not Sam, I got the name wrong.  Because when the police went to the scene his body was not there except a trail of blood.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 21:55 »

OK here are possible spoilers/speculation.

Tom apparently told Liz before he (Tom) died that her father was still alive.

That could mean Sam is still alive but I doubt it.

I believe Tom was referring to her biological father (which Red insisted died in the fire) and not her foster father Sam.

Berlin has a photo of his daughter in his pocket watch. We later see that Red has that same exact photo just as he removes his shirt to show an injury.

So I am going out on a limb to say the girl in the photo is Liz. She was saved by Red and then handed over to Sam to raise. That's possibly why Red doesn't want to reveal who her father really is and why he stopped Sam from revealing that before his death. 

I'm pretty sure that photo was taken from one of the person on the blacklist. If memory serves, it was The Stewmaker (No. 161) in Ep 4 where Red removes a photo from the Stewmaker's photo album; but I think another viewing is required to confirm this.

UPDATE Berlin's daughter's identity confirmed. GPGT! (NB:I rotated the still from Berlin's watch for easier comparison. If u din see that scene in that orientation, you were not dreaming!  ;D)

[Udpate 2] Wait a min! Wasn't Berlin's daughter killed and her parts send to him one piece at a time? First her ear then her finger. Berlin was said to have made a knife out of her daughter's bones. So if that the case, she couldn't have been killed by the Stewmaker. So who is the mystery girl in the photo and how does she connect to both Berlin and Red? The mystery deepens!

Hmm... I read the burns from Red's body to imply that he may be Liz's father but I suppose the burns could have come from the rescue. I wondered if we will ever know the true nature of their relationship. I still think they are siblings.

As to why Red is linked to Berlin, I don't know. Might have something to do with why he apparently betrayed the CIA many years ago and why his wife and son were killed. This was hinted at in the first few episodes but they never really followed up on that.

Wow. Good catch. Almost forget about that one.

I thought it was quite clear right from the beginning that Sam wasn't Liz's biological father?
(Or did I assume it myself?)

I think they overdid Tom's character. made him too much of a Superman.
You mean you can get out of handcuffs just by having your thumb broken? Really can't imagine that.

No. I believe it was specifically mentioned that Liz knew Sam was her foster father. As for escaping out of handcuffs by having your thumb broken, its probably creative license. Maybe the Mythbusters will pick it up one day and try. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 22:29 by lonewolf »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 22:56 »
Good CSI job lone wolf! :)
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline silencer13