Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 27450 times)

Offline Norman_Chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2017, 11:57 »
I actually enjoyed the 8 parter Blacklist Redemption more. Kept me guessing till the end.

Agreed...think Blacklist Redemption is much better.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2017, 22:08 »
The Blacklist Season 5 is coming back this week. Frankly, I'm not sure how much legs this show has. Something tells me this will probably be it swansong season. On a brighter note, the writers had indicated that S5 will provide closure for the events in The Blacklist: Redemption.

For those keeping score

Enough blanks for a few seasons worth of stories more - if the ratings hold up!  ;)

Here's a couple of clips on upcoming Season 5.

The Blacklist - Season 5: First Look (Sneak Peek)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7pHJjwzMEc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e7pHJjwzMEc&fs=1</a>

THE BLACKLIST | Official Season 5 Trailer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRu0vVhYws8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WRu0vVhYws8&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:49 by lonewolf »

Offline dankoo

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2017, 10:44 »
The fall finale was like..." wow"....

Spoiler: show
I wonder if the character kill is really permanent?
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2017, 12:00 »
The fall finale was like..." wow"....

I wonder if the character kill is really permanent?

They said the last few scenes was to make sure there was no ambiguity

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline dankoo

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2017, 13:34 »
guess it was a bold move to push the show to a new direction...I thought he was critical to the plot too...
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 08:58 »
The fall finale while delivering a shocking turn does have some rather gaping plot holes.

I mean would the FBI really devote 'bureau-wide' resource just to track down the spouse of an agent? And will that said agent be allowed to partake in an active investigation of the missing spouse? Surely logic dictates that Liz should be not involved precisely because she was acting all emo through the episode. I mean if she wants to get involved, I would prefer to see the tough-as-nails, stop-at-nothing Liz that we have come to know and love.

The blow she receives seems quite mild compared to some of the knocks she has received on the show. Certainly not hard enough to suggest that she would be in a coma for 10 months.

So if Tom is really dead, I wondered how they are going to resolve the events from The Blacklist: Redemption?

Frankly, nothing is really permanent on TV and if they want to bring him back, I'm sure there are many ways to do so. I'm not sure if it's really a bold new direction or if anything really changes. We shall see when the show returns.

Offline Doggie Howser

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline dankoo

« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2017, 15:37 »
This stuck in my mind after the show...quite like the version..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bk7RVw3I8eg&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bk7RVw3I8eg&fs=1</a>

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2017, 13:55 »
guess it was a bold move to push the show to a new direction...I thought he was critical to the plot too...

Thanks for spoiling it for me...... spoiler tags, bro....

I just finished the show but for the last 5 episodes it was always in the back of my head that someone important, a male, was going to die. Not hard to guess who after that......

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2018, 18:30 »
Liz and Red will be back! The Blacklist has been renewed for a 6th season.

SOURCE: ‘The Blacklist’ checks off a sixth-season renewal at NBC

Frankly, I'm amazed that this series still has legs given its 'gimmicky' premise. And for much for S05, we have been given the runaround over a bag of bones. So I'm expecting the reveal to be explosive.

One of the fan theory about the identity of the bones is fascinating and actually makes a lot of sense. And would explain why Red has been so desperate about recovering the bones.

The bones are the real Raymond Reddington and the person who has been running around for 5 seasons is an imposter who has stolen his identity.

As compelling as the theory is, it doesn't really explain why he hangs on to the bones all this time. So it may not be completely correct.

Looking forward to see what the writers will try our way in the new season.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24 »
Wow. It's going to be a long wait for S06 of The Blacklist.

Instead of the usual Sept premiere, the show will only come back in Jan 2019.

I guess that means we are not going to get the usual 'fall finale' for the new season. With a 22 episode full season committment, maybe we will get an uninterrupted screening of The Blacklist straight through to May 2019.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2018, 08:18 »
Score one for the crazy fan theory.  :)

Of cos, the identity of the bones still dun really explain everything. In fact, like many things on The Blacklist, it's probably asked more questions than answer.

Ready for more crazy fan theories?  ;D

So if the real Raymond Reddington is dead, then who is FakeRed aka the one we have known since S01 as Reddington?

Theory #1: He is Reddington's twin brother and the father of Liz (but not Jennifer)

Theory#2: She is superspy Katarina, Liz's mother. She faked her death, transgendered herself and assume the identity of Reddington.

Both theories sound plausible but theory#2 explains more of the show's mythology including Kat's (Mr Kapalan) devotion, the protection of Liz's grandfather.

Whichever theory (or none of them) prove to be correct, we are going to have a long wait. It probably won't be too surprising if the upcoming season is its last. The story has to come to a logical end at some point and The Blacklist is not a show that can easily be transitioned to your typical procedural.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2019, 12:42 »
I feel like I am having a long monologue with myself in this thread.  ;D

I wondered how many XPers is still following this show.

Frankly, I'm surprised at how semi-refreshing/entertaining this season has been.

Even more surprised at the legs this show has.

Far from being done, the show has just scored a S7 renewal. Who would have thought? I guess this just means that the ultimate reveal of Red's identity will probably just dragged on with no resolution in sight this season.

SOURCE: The Blacklist’ Renewed For Season 7 By NBC With Original Cast Set To Return

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2019, 00:08 »
I have been following but tend to collect a few episodes for binge watching. Been a good season. Dynamics with Raymond's predicament have caused a change in dynamics and the legal antics are well written for the most part
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2019, 12:16 »
I feel like I am having a long monologue with myself in this thread.  ;D

I wondered how many XPers is still following this show.

Frankly, I'm surprised at how semi-refreshing/entertaining this season has been.

Even more surprised at the legs this show has.

Far from being done, the show has just scored a S7 renewal. Who would have thought? I guess this just means that the ultimate reveal of Red's identity will probably just dragged on with no resolution in sight this season.

SOURCE: The Blacklist’ Renewed For Season 7 By NBC With Original Cast Set To Return

haha, I do still follow the show but I try not to enter the thread too early for fear of spoilers.
This season has been pretty good, I feel. The show has taken a whole new direction, but that's not a bad thing. The prison scenes add a bit of variety, same for the courtroom drama.

Overall, haven't got sick of it yet.  :)