Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 29179 times)

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
The Blacklist
« on: December 08, 2013, 22:38 »
Has anyone watched this TV series?
I just finished season 1 and I find it very nice! No eye candy, not that much action, but very gripping stories and good acting.
James Spader is fantastic as the lead actor.

Absolutely loved it and I can't wait for Season 2 to start.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:45 »
Season 1 has 22 episodes so its not over yet. Its just on a mid-season break. Ep 11 will be back next month.

Season 2 will be another 22 episodes for the 2014 fall season in Sep 2014.

The Blacklist is my best new TV series for this season. Gripping storyline, exciting action, enough eye candy (Megan Boone is hot!!) and fine acting.

Of cos you will need to suspend your disbelief but the clever thing is that while the plot and storyline borders on the incredible, its does not goes into the beyond the realm of impossibility.

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOLLOWS. STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOIL]

The biggest intrigue of the series is of cos the actual nature of the relationship between RED and Elizabeth. We know that Elizabeth was adopted and her real father is unknown as of now. Its been strongly hinted that they are father and daughter and RED was even asked that question in mid-season finale. (Which was unexpected)

I knew that that was unlikely to be the true nature of their relationship cos RED looks too young to be her father. So I'm guessing that they are probably siblings. But with another 30+ episodes to run, I doubt we will find out anytime soon.

The other intrigue is the exact nature of her husband Tom. In the initial episodes, he appeared to be someone who hidden agenda until it was exposed to be the works of Red. But I'm not convinced he's as innocent as he claims or looks. So I'm curious to see how this will play this out.

Overall if you like a fast pace show with crisp writing, nice actions and fine acting, I think you will find it in The Blacklist.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 00:02 by lonewolf »

Offline silencer13

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 13:19 »
Oh Sweet! Can't wait for Season 1 to continue then.   :D
Megan Boone is pretty hot, I guess. She has beautiful eyes but she's a little "chunky" for my taste.   :P
She reminds of Xena, Warrior princess.

*avoids looking at your spoiler*

I can't wait to see why the husband is so dangerous, though.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47 »
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOLLOWS. STOP READING IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOIL]

The 17th episode of S01 has just aired and frankly I'm a little surprised that they revealed the true nature of Tom with 5 episodes to go. I think the writers should milk the 'Jolene' situation a bit more; by creating more tension and jealousy into the marital lives of Liz and Tom.

I thought it would be way better if the true nature of Tom was the cliffhanger ending for S01. But I suppose with all the not so subtle hints being littered throughout, it may not be much of a cliffhanger. So now that its out, I wonder what's been planned for S01 cliffhanger. The trailer for Ep 18 suggests that the game is afoot. Knowing Liz, she's not going to take any s**T and I can't wait for her to deliver the smakdown!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 18:22 by lonewolf »

Offline silencer13

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 19:37 »
Just watched EP17, and I just have to say, freakin awesome!!!!!
One of the better shows I've watched recently, can't wait to see how it plays out.   :)

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 22:28 »
Only watch till EP3 , still long chase to go....

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 22:22 »
Just completed until EP 16...going to watch EP 17 tonight...

Offline tonedef

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 01:36 »
Norman, I really don't understand the point of your posts. ::)

I have some gripes about this show. The CG effects look like those from a B grade movie. Especially when the car containing explosives blew up in the water and the scene where airplane parts start dropping from the sky. Some of the execution of the show looked stupid also. In the first episode, was it necessary to send so many FBI agents to pick up agent Keen? In the episode where women were abducted, agent Keen tried to shoot the abductor through the rear window of the van. Didn't she know that there was an abductee in the van and she might have accidentally shot her? And at such close range, why not just shoot out the tires? The saving grace for me about this show is James Spader's performance and his dry humour.

This is a list of moments of stupidity compiled by someone else.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56 »
I agree that the show can be a little bit over-the-top with its presentation; but I suppose you can say the same for most of the shows on TV. So if I'm sufficiently motivated I probably can compile a list of moments of stupidity for all shows on TV. Or plausible reasons why those stupid moments took place. Thankfully I am not; and so I choose to focus on the merits the show offered me; namely good acting, excellent scripts, gripping story line and intrigue.

So those who want to nit-pick really has too much time on your hand. And perhaps should just switch to another show which they enjoyed instead of dishing one which they probably dun. Make sense?

Offline tonedef

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06 »
I would agree those who really nit-pick are expecting too much from a show. But then, I don't think I'm expecting too much. I watch way too many shows to even start nit-picking. Of course, not all have an intriguing plot like The Blacklist. Actually I gave up watching after ep 4 despite the interesting opening but decided to give it another chance after reading the reviews here. Here's a short list of what I'm watching at the moment.

The 100
Hannibal
The Tomorrow People
Shameless
Reign
Continuum
Arrow
From Dusk Till Dawn
Person of Interest
Game of Thrones
The Americans
Vikings
Devious Maids
Castle
Grimm
Mad Men
Revenge

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40 »
Norman, I really don't understand the point of your posts. ::)

I have some gripes about this show. The CG effects look like those from a B grade movie. Especially when the car containing explosives blew up in the water and the scene where airplane parts start dropping from the sky. Some of the execution of the show looked stupid also. In the first episode, was it necessary to send so many FBI agents to pick up agent Keen? In the episode where women were abducted, agent Keen tried to shoot the abductor through the rear window of the van. Didn't she know that there was an abductee in the van and she might have accidentally shot her? And at such close range, why not just shoot out the tires? The saving grace for me about this show is James Spader's performance and his dry humour.

This is a list of moments of stupidity compiled by someone else.

The TV series story is something new but more or less as you watch the series you will know that is the daughter...if not how come he will come forward to help her...

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 08:35 »
Wow! Norman, great spoiler there.

Thank goodness I don't follow the series. Gave up after 5 episodes. Nothing wrong with it. It's me. I can't stand these 42 minutes nicely wrapped up plots anymore - all the stylistics and mechanics of it are so plain to me.
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 17:03 »
The TV series story is something new but more or less as you watch the series you will know that is the daughter...if not how come he will come forward to help her...

Nay. I disagree. That would be too easy. And didn't Liz asked Red the same question and he already denied that to be the case. You can take it at face value but Red was correct when he said that he has never lied to her. So no. I dun think they are father and daughter. But who knows? Maybe he was pulling a fast one after all.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 18:24 »
Nay. I disagree. That would be too easy. And didn't Liz asked Red the same question and he already denied that to be the case. You can take it at face value but Red was correct when he said that he has never lied to her. So no. I dun think they are father and daughter. But who knows? Maybe he was pulling a fast one after all.

Yeah I remember that scene too.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline silencer13

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 01:18 »

I agree with you. After watching so many episodes, I don't think they would pull one that obvious.
Sure, they make us think that, but I highly doubt she's the daughter.

Well, if it does end up that way, I would be quite disappointed.  ;)

And Norman, PLEASE STOP PUTTING SPOILERS INTO THIS THREAD WITHOUT WARNINGS.
Same for the Helix thread, please be careful what you reveal.