Author Topic: New Age Music / Movie Soundtrack....Recommendations & Comments  (Read 81188 times)

Offline MrAcoustat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Age Music / Movie Soundtrack....Recommendations & Comments
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2012, 13:49 »
Hi guy's most of my music is instrumental 80% i'm into new age - jazz - electronics - just as long as it's RELAXING.
one of my favorite artist is Steve Roach i have almost 50 cd's of his music here is his discography. ( 147 albums )

http://steveroach.com/discography/

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 23:58 by MrAcoustat »
Chord CPM-2600 & One cd player - Acoustat 1+1 speakers.
Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.
mracoustat@videotron.ca

Offline simplybochup

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • All music is beautiful.
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2012, 10:46 »
2 recent soundtracks caught my attention after I have watched the movies.  If Osts are supposedly the soul of the movies, I believe that Prometheus OST played a huge tribute in following closely to the Alien franchise. Marc Streitenfeld and Harry Gregson-Williams are the joint composers and interestingly the two did not differs much from their styles, making this OSt a pleasant listen.  If you enjoyed this, you may also want to try "Kingdom of Heaven" which is a more uplifting OST "with an intelligent and respectfully restrained powerhouse of a musical representation of religious history, complete with pensive choral techniques of immense beauty" ( quote from filmtracks.com)
The other one which i feel is very well composed was The Dark Knight rises. This is clearly a dark movie. In its place are the haunting chants and melancholy strings which provide volume to the entire score.  Even though Han Zimmer's trademark sound is on grand and predictable display, i felt that it has depicted the mood of the movie. the couple of tracks especially track 10 "fear will find you" never lost its grandeur and make a great inspiring listen.
I have to admit that I am a big fan of Zimmer since listening to his music in the OST the Rock.  His music havent changed much and is great with action movies. Give it a spin and you will know why.  ;D
Audio Setup: Avid Diva 2, Marantz SA11S2, Whest 2 Phono Pre Amp, Diva Classic SE, Diva Blue Sky Power, Spendors S3e, Slinkylink, Mogami 2803
HT Setup: Panasonic Viera TX-55AS650B 55 inch Full HD LED, Epson EH-TW6600 3D Home Projector, Onkyo TXSR646, Oppo BDP 93, AC Ryan Media Box, VR SoundWave 3.5

Offline dXter

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09 »
That's also a problem with Hans, his music does not change much. ;D

Offline pioneer123

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2012, 17:59 »
If you guys are fans of cutting edge ambient / neo classical then give this lot a listen........best with headphones...

Mohn
Gavin Bryars - The Sinking of the Titanic (Awesome)
Black Elk
Harold Budd
Tim Hecker
Chilly Gonzales (Solo Piano I and II) Fantastic
Nils Frahm
Helios
Goldmund
Olan Mills
Valgier Sigurdsson
Stars of the Lid

That should keep someone busy for a while and open up some new musical exploration :)
Blacknote DAC15 USB3.0 DAC feeding Woo Audio WA22 Headphone Amplifier delivering superlative audio to a pair of Grado PS1000's with JMoney headband.

Offline MrAcoustat

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2014, 23:51 »
The king of soundtracks - - - Mr. Hans Zimmer.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/59656-Hans-Zimmer
Chord CPM-2600 & One cd player - Acoustat 1+1 speakers.
Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.
mracoustat@videotron.ca

Offline tantantan

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 14:14 »
No love for John Philip Sousa here?