Author Topic: Lumin Audiophile Network Player  (Read 134558 times)

Offline Joe-siow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Re: Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2019, 19:13 »
And the T2 as been announced. Running dual Sabre ES9028 Pro now. Looks very cool

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html
SoTM SMS-200 * Chord Qutest * Leben CS300XS * Omega Super Alnico Monitor

Offline wklie

« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2019, 21:09 »
Success at last!!!

(Audio)

How?  What was wrong before?
Peter Lie
LUMIN Firmware Lead

Offline wklie

« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2019, 21:10 »
And the T2 as been announced. Running dual Sabre ES9028 Pro now. Looks very cool

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html

Lumin T2 replaces the previous Lumin A1 and T1.

The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used as a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 21:19 by wklie »
Peter Lie
LUMIN Firmware Lead

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2019, 21:29 »
Lumin T2 replaces the previous Lumin A1 and T1.

The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used as a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.
Does that mean that T2 will be priced close or levelled to T1?

I don’t see how T2 replaces A1 because T2 in Lumin website is having a single board similar to T1 and A1 is having two boards - one each for analog & digital. That said, both T1 & A1 has their own LPS too.

Being an ex-Lumin user, I welcome the new DAC chip which support DSD512 and even glad to see USB output brought out of it as additional feature opposed to the singly SPDIF in BNC for the longest time.

To me, I felt T2 is more like a bigger child of D2 with similarities to T1 in a quality outer-shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wklie

« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2019, 21:34 »
For some countries, T2 costs roughly double the price of D2 and slightly less than T1.
Peter Lie
LUMIN Firmware Lead

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2019, 22:51 »
How?  What was wrong before?

I update the Audirvana+ to new version.  I also believe the Lumin had a new update....and then I noticed now, DSD512 is available.

Which sounds better?   JRMC or Audirvana+?  Both get their pros and cons.

But for sure, Teresa Teng sounds best on Audirvana+ with up-sampling to DSD512 from 16/44.

(Audio) 

Offline wklie

« Reply #546 on: January 08, 2019, 12:18 »
JRMC or Audirvana+?

Last time I checked I was not able to use JRiver to upsample to DSD and send it to network playback.
Peter Lie
LUMIN Firmware Lead

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #547 on: January 08, 2019, 13:14 »
This is what I know from what I heard.

Audirvana + DSD512 sounded nice, very rounded, very smooth, slightly better dynamics than the regular DSD64.  If you don't compare, this is it.   :)

But of late,  I have learn to appreciate listening to contents at it's native sample rate.  Same song, same DAC but on JRMC it sound more precise, more texture and much more dynamic to the music.  Don't know but perhaps Fidelizer Pro 8.3 helps, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 helps, Windows Server 2016 Core helps.  But this is 16 bits 44KHz we are taking about.

(Audio)

Offline Joe-siow

• Snr Member
« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2019, 22:00 »
Does that mean that T2 will be priced close or levelled to T1?

I don’t see how T2 replaces A1 because T2 in Lumin website is having a single board similar to T1 and A1 is having two boards - one each for analog & digital. That said, both T1 & A1 has their own LPS too.

Being an ex-Lumin user, I welcome the new DAC chip which support DSD512 and even glad to see USB output brought out of it as additional feature opposed to the singly SPDIF in BNC for the longest time.

To me, I felt T2 is more like a bigger child of D2 with similarities to T1 in a quality outer-shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing the Lundahl output transformers too, in addition to the LPS and dual board layout as Tiktokape pointed out
That's a quite a lot of features being dropped for a slight increase of price

:-\

SoTM SMS-200 * Chord Qutest * Leben CS300XS * Omega Super Alnico Monitor

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #549 on: January 09, 2019, 09:50 »
The Lundahl output transformers, I will not miss.

The casing is most welcome as it contributes to the sound.

The most important thing is; this will bring Lumin players to the mainstream.

(Audio)

Offline wklie

« Reply #550 on: January 09, 2019, 10:20 »
Missing the Lundahl output transformers too, in addition to the LPS and dual board layout as Tiktokape pointed out
That's a quite a lot of features being dropped for a slight increase of price

In most markets we expect the T2 to cost slightly less than T1.  There is overall SQ improvement based on a design very similar to X1.
Peter Lie
LUMIN Firmware Lead