Author Topic: Lumin Audiophile Network Player  (Read 149612 times)

Offline Miketay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2016, 18:23 »
You are right. I am using a gigabit converter. Is there any local supplier for a 10/100 one?  Thanks.

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2016, 18:35 »
Audio is using gigabit, no issue for him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline milk_vanilla

Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2016, 18:40 »
Let me check if my DC chaps still have spare , give you pair. I'll PM you if any

Offline Miketay

« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2016, 21:55 »
Thanks

Offline SL

« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2016, 11:43 »
I can't seem to find the option to avoid down conversion to MP3 on J river. Will post some pics to show.

Offline SL

« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2016, 11:57 »

Offline SL

« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2016, 17:06 »
Finally got it sorted. It was found in the "add DLNA server" and it's sub menu. Thanks!

Online Tiktokape

« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2016, 00:12 »
VERSION 7.06 (APR 27, 2016)
ENHANCEMENT AND FIX:
Fixed LUMIN U1 problem of Optical and Coaxial output in 20bit instead of 24bit.
Fixed LUMIN U1 unable to use NTFS formated USB HDD.
Fixed problem of repeat playback of very short (<20sec) music track.

Offline riderr2000

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2016, 09:21 »
Just to share a bit. My theory is that its not really a data issue but rather a noise issue. As Andrew mentioned, the transmission error is serious extremely low. There are 3 ways for noise to travel to the server to streamer side (referring to OMC):

(1) through mains,
(2) through ethernet cable,
(3) through air as electromagnetic radiation

In that case, will using a portable hard drive plugged directly into the streamer help? I don't have my streamer yet so can't try it out, but will test that when I finally get it...

Online Tiktokape

« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2016, 10:37 »
In that case, will using a portable hard drive plugged directly into the streamer help? I don't have my streamer yet so can't try it out, but will test that when I finally get it...
In my previous tests, portable hdd connected via Lumin's USB port sounds worse than NAS. Not sure will it helps if 1) using SSD hdd 2) using SSD hdd plus USB isolation.

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2016, 15:35 »
In my previous tests, portable hdd connected via Lumin's USB port sounds worse than NAS. Not sure will it helps if 1) using SSD hdd 2) using SSD hdd plus USB isolation.
Very simple. Try thumbdrive and you're getting much better results than NAS, SSD is worth pursuing.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline Instek_88

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2016, 19:10 »
Very simple. Try thumbdrive and you're getting much better results than NAS, SSD is worth pursuing.

My current streamer doesn't have any USB slot. But I had compared using SSD, HDD, and thumb drive on the router, and the thumb drive sound the best. The SSD that I tested are Intel X-25M, X-25E and 320.

My previous streamer, the Naim NDX, was able to accept an external drive. But that was more than 4 years ago so I can't remember clearly. But I vaguely recalled that the thumb drive sound better than the basic network connection.

Online Tiktokape

Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2016, 19:11 »
Yeah, I know SSD is the way to go vs conventional hdd.

Anyone is using hardware raid based cage for SSD? The cage is powered by LPS and USB connection between the cage and Lumin is isolated by USB regen etc products?

Also, just connect a battery based mobile router to Lumin. Probably yielding better results?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 19:19 by Tiktokape »

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2016, 19:41 »
My current streamer doesn't have any USB slot. But I had compared using SSD, HDD, and thumb drive on the router, and the thumb drive sound the best. The SSD that I tested are Intel X-25M, X-25E and 320.

My previous streamer, the Naim NDX, was able to accept an external drive. But that was more than 4 years ago so I can't remember clearly. But I vaguely recalled that the thumb drive sound better than the basic network connection.
Not surprising Thumbdrive is better than Ssd. Ssd still got quite a bit of electronics to move around the bits to improve write cycles life whereas Thumbdrive is a a passive memory device. Unfortunately it is still the biggest memory device that doesn't have moving parts.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline duylinhdesign

• Snr Member
« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2016, 13:52 »
My Lumin just have a LPSU upgrade from Alvin. The sound improvement is great. Soundstage, layering and pinpoint image comparable with higher Lumin A1.. With further fiber isolation apply to the ethernet connection im almost done with D1 upgrade..
The next one maybe some fuse upgrade  and footers only :)

Anusz D8>Ansuz Mainz>Lumin Streamer> Hybrid Pre-Pow> Focal 1027be..