Author Topic: Lumin Audiophile Network Player  (Read 150113 times)

Offline matix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lumin Audiophile Network Player
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2015, 22:43 »
Hi,

First of all thank you friends and forumers who are using my Balanced DC Power Supply (4Amps) for their Lumin D1.  Just a heads up here. 

Quite a number of Forumers and friends who know that I did a recent special edition power supply for the Regen / ifi asked me if I will do a similar higher voltage and current one for their Lumin D1, here it is! 

This will be a custom special edition for XP forumers with very good quality parts. 

More information here : http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=219500.0

Thank you for your time. 

James

I just collected mine today... I must say that I am surprised by the huge difference it brought to my system.  On my Geman Physiks speakers, which gives a wide soundstage but not good in pin pointing individual instruments,  the immediate impact this PSU brought was a pronounced improvement in such staging,  and there is also a depth effect too  as some instruments are now thrown further back and some in front.  The impact on bass is also there.  Classical passages with double bass attacking is now clearly heard with individual notes.  I normally don't write my thoughts, so hope this is making sense.  I won't call this a review.  :)  I spent nearly 2K on Harmonix cables and power cord and the difference is not even 10% of what I am hearing.  Well,  these may not have run in yet though.  Anyone still using the stock PSU should seriously change it.  Please note I am only comparing the stock PSU to the one I just got Sound Affairs.  I am sure others from Kenneth Lau, etc. should yield significant improvements.  Cheers. 

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2015, 23:11 »
I just collected mine today... I must say that I am surprised by the huge difference it brought to my system.  On my Geman Physiks speakers, which gives a wide soundstage but not good in pin pointing individual instruments,  the immediate impact this PSU brought was a pronounced improvement in such staging,  and there is also a depth effect too  as some instruments are now thrown further back and some in front.  The impact on bass is also there.  Classical passages with double bass attacking is now clearly heard with individual notes.  I normally don't write my thoughts, so hope this is making sense.  I won't call this a review.  :)  I spent nearly 2K on Harmonix cables and power cord and the difference is not even 10% of what I am hearing.  Well,  these may not have run in yet though.  Anyone still using the stock PSU should seriously change it.  Please note I am only comparing the stock PSU to the one I just got Sound Affairs.  I am sure others from Kenneth Lau, etc. should yield significant improvements.  Cheers. 
Nice, D1 user?

Offline Instek_88

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2015, 23:26 »

Sometimes what makes a bigger impact depends where the weakness in ur system is. It doesn't mean harmonix doesn't make good product. If you are looking for a power cord for the Lumin, you can try Shunyata Alpha digital.

Kenneth Lau, Plixir, and other power supplies sound different from each other.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 23:43 by Instek_88 »

Offline matix

« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2015, 14:44 »
Sometimes what makes a bigger impact depends where the weakness in ur system is. It doesn't mean harmonix doesn't make good product. If you are looking for a power cord for the Lumin, you can try Shunyata Alpha digital.

Kenneth Lau, Plixir, and other power supplies sound different from each other.

Sorry if I have appeared to thumb down Harmonix and ruffle feathers which is not my intention at all. I am owners of these excellent cables after all.

Offline Hass

« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2015, 09:14 »
which model is the sweetspot between price & performance? S1 is way off budget, so between D1 to A1.

Online Tiktokape

« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19 »
That will be T1. The performance is closed to A1, obvious difference is the chassis.

http://www.stereolife.eu/reviews/item/1099-lumin-d1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alvin1118

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2015, 10:36 »
lol! I see Audio posted an A1, and gone in a minute ?

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 10:51 »
Gone in 10 minutes.  One guy on whatsapp asking question and one guy on PM confirming the deal.  I got big box to carry to airport tomorrow.

(Audio)

Offline composition

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2015, 11:06 »
Audio so what is your replacement to the Lumin?

Online Tiktokape

« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2015, 11:10 »
He is using Lumin S1 ya? Though he has many other DACs haha

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2015, 11:14 »
Audio so what is your replacement to the Lumin?

No replacement, this Lumin A1 is not utilised ever since I got my Lumin S1 last year, which is my primary player.  The Directstream is my secondary player but it is getting very close to the S1, getting darker, getting more natural with void spaces.   I think with the PS Audio PWT, it might just be my primary player because I am liking what I heard last night on just mere RBCD.

Even sold off my Meitner MA-1 to a Hong Kong Audiophile.  Hong Kong guys loves Meitner stuff, don't know why despite me telling him that Directstream sounds better than Meitner and I don't want to sell him, end up he asking me to sell him nevertheless....LOL.

(Audio)

Offline composition

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2015, 11:24 »
Haha I also sold off my Lumin A1 almost 2 years ago. Time flies. That time it was much harder to sell when the brand not so famous as of now.

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2015, 11:30 »
Haha I also sold off my Lumin A1 almost 2 years ago. Time flies. That time it was much harder to sell when the brand not so famous as of now.

Ha ha, I thought you trade-in your A1, right?   I think I gave a very fair price and that's why it got sold so fast.

(Audio)

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2015, 11:59 »
The ps transport can angmokio or not?

;D

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2015, 14:09 »
The ps transport can angmokio or not?

;D

Have not tried.  Last night very busy.  Listen to fibre network, play Roger Waters "the Wall" halfway, watch "Mission Impossible, Rouge Nation", then around 11pm then try the PS Audio PWT.

(Audio)