Author Topic: Noise from rca interconnect cable  (Read 2140 times)

Offline BTW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Noise from rca interconnect cable
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 23:58 »
A lot of these noise/garbage actually comes thru the earth wire.. That's why some have reported that lifting the ground helps solve the noise issue... I found this out not so long ago when I changed to a new aircon .. I had to switch off the aircon to kill the noise.

For those staying in a flat or condo.. run a dedicated line straight to your unit's Electrical DB box.. That will minimise the garbage comming in from aircon etc.. For those staying in landed.. there's another option to run an earth wire all the way outside the house into the garden using an earth rod... See below page 6..

http://www.russandrews.com/images/pdf/GroundingMk3.pdf 

Offline terfyo

• Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 08:24 »
A lot of these noise/garbage actually comes thru the earth wire.. That's why some have reported that lifting the ground helps solve the noise issue... I found this out not so long ago when I changed to a new aircon .. I had to switch off the aircon to kill the noise.

For those staying in a flat or condo.. run a dedicated line straight to your unit's Electrical DB box.. That will minimise the garbage comming in from aircon etc.. For those staying in landed.. there's another option to run an earth wire all the way outside the house into the garden using an earth rod... See below page 6..

BTW, this is good info for grounding.
I think it is really the Weiduka AC conditioner that is giving problems.
Didn't have any noises coming from the system the entire of last night after switching out the conditioner.
Stereo:
CEC TL-51XR + Pro-Ject Xpression 3 + MusicHall USB 1 (AudioNote PH1)
Beresford T7510 (Self Modded)
Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC
Audio Research LS8
Krell KSA200s
AudioSpace AS8i
Thiel CS2.4 / Aurum Cantus Leisure 2

Offline BTW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 08:50 »
Didn't have any noises coming from the system the entire of last night after switching out the conditioner.

Good to hear you identified the root cause of your noise problem... Proper Grounding can improve the sound quite a bit... Just for info there are companies like Telos, Tripoint selling expensive grounding stuff.   

Offline Rachael

• Snr Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 13:23 »
Perhaps a component or 2 in weiduka faulty  ???

Offline Rachael

• Snr Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 14:16 »

Hi, I m interested in the earth wire outside house into garden option, could u further share real experiences after having it mplemented into ur setup.

Thanks in advance for ur time n advices.

PS: I m already having dedicated AC line to DB box
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 14:32 by Rachael »

Offline BTW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 14:52 »
Ideally it should be copper bars hammered into the ground star configuration. For my case not so convenient... also in my case the noise induced by the new air con was driving me nuts.. so as a temporary solution created another earth by grounding it to house's front shelter.. the metal shelter has more than 6 metal rods driven into the ground. Not ideal but ok for now.. The aircon noise dissappeared.. more quite .. more details..everything is good.. Maybe in future I'll get my contractor to hammer the copper rods thru the floor outside.. but no hurry for now as I'm getting good results.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 14:55 by BTW »

Offline Rachael

• Snr Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 15:49 »
Thanks for advices the ideal way of configuration.
Besides solving the air con noise, do u find improvements on sys sq?

Offline BTW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 16:21 »
When the background noise level drops you will get more better details and dynamics. IMHO definitely worth the effort to optimise the grounding of your system.

Offline Rachael

• Snr Member
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 16:35 »
Got it, thanks again for ur advices

Offline Rachael

• Snr Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 12:04 »
When the background noise level drops you will get more better details and dynamics. IMHO definitely worth the effort to optimise the grounding of your system.
Got the electrician to lay the extension earthing, may I also ask if there is a way to measure if is working as is should?

Offline BTW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: Today at 00:08 »
Check your PM .. Thanks