Author Topic: Vitus audio  (Read 15799 times)

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
Re: Vitus audio
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 21:54 »

The best power cord I ve heard with Vitus SIA-025 was the Audience 24AU (more detailed less bass) and the Jorma Origo (better midrange more bottom-up sounding) . Better still I think would be the new ASI REFERENCE I am currently auditioning (but I dont have the Vitus in hand any more)

Interesting.... I think I will borrow the Jorma and ASI power cord to try out later.

Offline Wenda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 11:15 »
In Singapore the brand is carried under Norman Audio. Didn't have local experience but got plenty of time when I was in Europe. The two monoblocks are paired with Sony SS-AR1 and the sound quality is simply superb, matching to what you have described with your current set up with the Vitus hence my recommendation.

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 15:02 »
In Singapore the brand is carried under Norman Audio. Didn't have local experience but got plenty of time when I was in Europe. The two monoblocks are paired with Sony SS-AR1 and the sound quality is simply superb, matching to what you have described with your current set up with the Vitus hence my recommendation.

You mean Vitus audio? I thought it is carry by Audio88?

Offline jigster

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 15:29 »
Think he's referring to D'Agnostino

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 16:40 »
Think he's referring to D'Agnostino

LOL! Yes I misread that....

I like the the Krell FPB in many years back , but recently I hear the FPB650 l feel it is less refine than more modern amp..

Even the USD $40k Krell evolution one wasn't too impressive to me, damn hot even at standby and the transient and refinement loss to the FM 401 beside it...

Not sure what is the different for D'Agnostino..

Offline uvak

• Snr Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 21:54 »
I think it is not easy to get the smooth mid range , 3D soundstage and airy feel  of good tube amp.....

Bro,

Any comments on the playback on vocal and jazz? I am currently 300B tubes and I wonder if the Vitus can produce something close.

Thanks.

Offline blue_starfish

• I am a hi-fi dinosaur as I love analog
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 10:52 »
I cannot comment on Vitus as never had chance to listen, but the D'agostino does sound like a very good tube amp. But with added speed, bass weight and bass control. The downside is the D'agostino runs very hot for a SS. And the cost, of which  a huge chunk goes towards the chassis. 

Online JayT

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 20:49 »
I know this is a pretty old topic, but I don't feel the need to start a new one. I had the opportunity to listen to a RI100 recently, and when paired with a WEISS DAC202, it sounded really good. For experiment's sake, I plugged in a Lampizator L4G4 with Dueland Caps DAC, which was on duty with a Gryphon Callisto 2200. To be honest, it was horrible. The dynamics were gone, soundstage was pressed back, and bass became bloated. Just a question to the other bros who tried/owned Vitus, do you all think it's because Vitus doesn't really play nice with tube based equipment? What are your thoughts?

Offline RAYRAY

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 22:22 »
Coming back to RI-100, have any bros listen to it with which speakers and glad to have your input?

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 00:51 »
Heard it match with Marten Mile 3 and Bird before , very good match.

Some how I feel that Vitus need speaker that is transparent and fast to perform its strength, use it with slower and warm speaker make it feel like it is like a usual high end amp only....every Hifi element is there but can't feel what so impressive about it.

I think speaker like Marten , Magico, karma, Wilson, Vivid , Von Schweikert ...... Will match well

Offline RAYRAY

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 17:26 »
Bro Joamonte,

Thanks for the feedback on those mentioned speakers.
I owned a Vivid and would like to see the synergy between RI-100 and Vivid. I listened to female vocal and classical music, let see they will have good matching.
Is Audio 88 the dealer for Vitus Audio or there are others? Thanks

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 17:32 »
Bro Joamonte,

Thanks for the feedback on those mentioned speakers.
I owned a Vivid and would like to see the synergy between RI-100 and Vivid. I listened to female vocal and classical music, let see they will have good matching.
Is Audio 88 the dealer for Vitus Audio or there are others? Thanks

Not sure is Audio88 still their dealer, but if they not selling you can contact the SEA distributor.

Swedish Statement Sdn Bhd. +601 228 91682

swedishstatement.com.my.

Offline RAYRAY

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 18:42 »
Bro Joamonte,

Thank you for the information.

Hope to hear warm, neutrality and transparency from RI-100 and Vivid.  :)

Offline francishuang

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 17:12 »
Ello!

Just gotten myself a vitus power amp. Any other users around?
EMT

Offline crazysurfer

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 20:06 »
Ello!

Just gotten myself a vitus power amp. Any other users around?

Welcome to the VA Club, bro Francis. We now have a high reference standard to follow and guide us. ;)

By the way, how is the VA Amp sound with Nordost Odin II combo, since bro Joemonte did enquire about what cables will go well with VA, or have you already switch into FMR Extreme Edition?  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal