Author Topic: OLED TV Thread  (Read 145276 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: OLED TV Thread
« Reply #945 on: July 05, 2019, 07:36 »
Anyone looking to calibrate their LG OLED C9 can look at this video , using calman , very simple , step by step video...

It’s probably worth sharing with your friends, and get a meter to calibrate your screen, calibrating your screen is of paramount importance as you will enjoy brilliant pic quality

Click away !!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cO4mearXKRI&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cO4mearXKRI&fs=1</a>

Offline tsammyc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I think, therefore I am
« Reply #946 on: July 05, 2019, 20:53 »
I prefer the "pop" of the uncalibrated OLED when not watching movies :) However, for the projector, which is used to watch movies, calibration is important to me.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #947 on: July 07, 2019, 11:03 »
Ha, it’s exactly the reverse for me, the TV out of the box is over saturated , calibrating it changed the entire experience

The PJ BenQ however, nothing much to calibrate, out of the box, really pleasant view

In my case, the tv had too much red, definitely worth calibrating the tv, brought about 70% improvement on the overall experience . The technicolor settings are close to cinema settings, but still requires calibration , the whites, colours etc were still still off

Online YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #948 on: July 07, 2019, 11:37 »
chiongahh!!!
today tax free day!!!
additional 7% off!!!

Offline Ccyao

« Reply #949 on: July 07, 2019, 11:43 »
chiongahh!!!
today tax free day!!!
additional 7% off!!!

Tax free day?
Island wide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !
« Reply #950 on: July 12, 2019, 23:15 »
Guys

Need some advice here

My panny OLED recently has a few issues (cec enabled):

- It auto shut down while I am watching (more frequent now)
- The in TV Netflix app has no audio and I have to restart the app to get audio. I get audio from the Onkyo AVR. I tried to use the ARC HDMI in Panny but still no success. I originally connect from HDMI 1 which is non ARC but it did work for a few mths. I also connect optical out from Panny to AVR. I am not sure if the audio was from Optical or HDMI from the outset.

I think my first thing I will do is replace HDMI between Panny and Onkyo.

Much appreciate your advice...Thx
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Online YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #951 on: July 12, 2019, 23:35 »
My Panny not an OLED. But auto restarts or auto shuts off while watching half way...quite frequent in recent weeks.
I don't have any HDMI connections to audio gears such as soundbar or AVR.

So... what's going on... I've no idea, except suspecting it's due to system updating.
To have a smooth ride over the weekends, I these 3 weeks on Wednesday night, do a full main power cut off for 1hr. Then continue to turn on TV and it operates smoothly.

When my TV was new, such auto-shutoff, restarts, after connection to wireless network was more frequent than it's initial out of box condition.

Offline synthesis

« Reply #952 on: July 12, 2019, 23:37 »
The power supply board of my Panny 950 was replaced after only one month. Maybe same issue/batch. Replacement works fine so far.

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !
« Reply #953 on: July 14, 2019, 11:22 »
The power supply board of my Panny 950 was replaced after only one month. Maybe same issue/batch. Replacement works fine so far.

Bro

Is the replacement done at your place or they need to remove the TV back?

Thx
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline synthesis

« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2019, 15:06 »
They came to replace the board. Very fast. I remember they came twice. One time to confirm the board was faulty and another time to replace.

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #955 on: July 15, 2019, 13:29 »
Happy for u that it is repaired :)

How u find the 950 so far? I was very impressed with it when I auditioned it. Overall, I feel it's slightly better than the lg c7 esp if include motion panning performance and calibration menu controls. But the LG smart remote is something I appreciate a lot.

I might have bought the 950 if it was available 2 years ago.  :)

Offline synthesis

« Reply #956 on: July 15, 2019, 23:58 »
I'm very happy with the picture quality, even only with simple picture adjustment to my liking. No complain on the picture quality. As Jag mentioned; mesmerizing.
I don't need other features like LG smart remote etc, so basic features are fine for me.
I don't like the tinny sound quality but I connected to simple external amp/fullrange speaker and the voicing is so much clearer for TV.

Offline Au

« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2019, 07:58 »
Dear friends,

I am looking to get a LG 55 inch C9

Anyone knows of the cheapest or display sets selling?

Offline Lam1n1n

« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2019, 09:53 »
Do check the on-line store - Courts, Best Denki or Harvey Norman for prices before going down to the shops.  Where there is no display unit available, on-line store could be slightly cheaper with discount coupon.

[Sorry - remove a price that was gotten from a wrong website]

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:59 by Lam1n1n »

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #959 on: July 16, 2019, 13:31 »
I'm very happy with the picture quality, even only with simple picture adjustment to my liking. No complain on the picture quality. As Jag mentioned; mesmerizing.

glad that u like the PQ! :) The deep blacks and color accuracy is so mesmerizing right ha...