Author Topic: Power Sound Audio  (Read 72267 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Power Sound Audio
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2019, 13:56 »
Wild, exciting and powerful!  ;D

Anything you wanna know about PSA subs? or in the measurements? or anyone else has question feel free to ask. Ill be there this sunday, equally excited to understand more on this sub!

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2019, 18:14 »
Ha maybe good to know about its difference in sound signature and also the type of tactile it can give

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2019, 18:44 »
Ha maybe good to know about its difference in sound signature and also the type of tactile it can give

Roger !!

Offline winwinc81

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2019, 07:41 »
Mrn guys, well this is definitely exciting! I too will be interested to know beside his current placement, which other position can be well suitable. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2019, 10:41 »
Yea, let’s see. Will try for the best possible combination . Nearfield will be the simple way out for smoother response. But I’m inclined to go with corner placements, I think corners farfield is the way to go, opposing ends. Will find out soon

This time round should be more familiar with the windows laptop and minidsp 2x4hd

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2019, 12:55 »
Both myself and WIM visited Skate’s den yesterday. After listening on a few clips at the beginning,I offered some advice to bro skate, to bring his entire system up to another level

The psa subs were stacked right behind MLP

The problem with this was the surround back speakers were being blocked by the stacked subs behind MLP

I can understand why the subs were placed right behind MLP, instead of the corners. There was a massive spike at 30hz due to the room modes . Having the subs nearfield in the middle of the room away from the boundaries was much more pleasant. Similar to Pete’s room

The problem in the room was the front and back walls. There was massive ringing in the room. Skate had some nice acoustic panels on the side walls, but that didn’t solve the issues.

My advice to skate was to treat the front wall area with the GIK scorpus that absorbs 30-60hz, tuned traps. That will help a great deal with the modes in his room. We didn’t mess with the existing configuration, instead we used our time to identify the issues in the room, and went through the REW journey. In my opinion, that is much more critical than to re-eq the set up

After the measurements, we could clearly see how the subs were blocking the surround back speakers

We will have to revisit this again, once the acoustics in the room is fixed. Flutter echo was really obvious , even during normal conversation in the room

My advise to others as well, do not just place the panels all over the room. The panels need to be effective and catered for specific location to handle specific frequencies

Ps:// it’s not the density of the rockwool that matters, it’s the air flow resistivity that matters when it comes down lower frequencies