Author Topic: would you buy used equipment if you are only given a short audition?  (Read 8957 times)

Offline kzone

• Trade Count: (0)
Brothers, did u ever encounter .. Go to ur hse on agreed price ,  audition then ask for discount.

A couple of times. I then said I wouldn't have invited u over if u hadn't agreed on the price. So far no one pursued further. I guess they r just trying their luck and it doesn't really affect me.

Something similar also happen on the seller's side. Once I went over to this guy's place having agreed on a package price for a setup after bargaining on the phone. When I was there, I noticed one of the item was not there. when i asked where it was, he said its not included because the agreed price is lower than the initial asking price so it no longer include that item. I immediately told him dats not what was agreed then walked away. he then quickly said ok and brought out the item.

Offline yumyum

• Trade Count: (+4)
Unfortunately for me I usually buy fast if I feel the price is right and the stuff is good many a times not even testing until I get home. Most of the case the sales are good and people are honest but I do agree there are some nasty people out there out to cheat you. So bewAre. Must donyour research first before jumping into anything

Offline lkypeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So much more to discover in classical music
    • Politics Economics Business Altruism Music Singapore
Unfortunately for me I usually buy fast if I feel the price is right and the stuff is good many a times not even testing until I get home. Most of the case the sales are good and people are honest but I do agree there are some nasty people out there out to cheat you. So bewAre. Must donyour research first before jumping into anything
I agree that our formers are credible. Recently had to sell off some stuff that had been sitting in my store room which I know we're working but am not sure now. It worked out that 2-3 of the equipment not working and I gave him full refund. I cannot remember his icon but he can attest to this.
Reputation takes a long time to build but can be destroyed in a matter of seconds. This is why I asked the webmaster to take down th BE poll as it is against the law and it would be a pity if the govt shut us down.
http://lkypeter.blogspot.com
Gradient Revolution MarkIV Active Speakers,Ayon Stealth DAC,SoTM SMS200,NanoTech Golden Strada#301powercables,Synology1817+NAS,MacMiniCore2DUO8GB,YamahaRVX3067,SonyBDPS790,DenonX4000,PioneerBDP180