Author Topic: Ansuz Acoustics Users Thread  (Read 223171 times)

Offline 1AngMoh

• Trade Count: (+8)
Re: Ansuz Acoustics Users Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2016, 21:04 »
DL,

Whats all the stuff under the DTC footers?   

Is it there because of uneven surface or a surface with poor resonance dissipating properties?

Offline durianlover88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forget Sound, Enjoy Music :)
« Reply #481 on: September 05, 2016, 22:22 »
DL,

Whats all the stuff under the DTC footers?   

Is it there because of uneven surface or a surface with poor resonance dissipating properties?

The weight of the 6 Ansuz DTC power cords to one side slant the SA conditioner one side....slotted a myriad of post-IT pads, folded anyhow. It does not matter the surface below or how good are the post-IT pads....so long the DTC footers are tight-tensioned and not loose. One loose footer and the whole sonics will plunge to the valley.
For sale(neg):
Geek Out SIGNATURE Edition: S$999
Crystal Dreamlink 1m/Siltech Zero Ohm Diamond 1.5m: S$1888/S$2288
Acoustic Revive REM-8/RGC-24: S$388
Stillpoint Mini Ultra(3): S$388

Offline 1AngMoh

• Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #482 on: September 05, 2016, 22:45 »
The weight of the 6 Ansuz DTC power cords to one side slant the SA conditioner one side....slotted a myriad of post-IT pads, folded anyhow. It does not matter the surface below or how good are the post-IT pads....so long the DTC footers are tight-tensioned and not loose. One loose footer and the whole sonics will plunge to the valley.

Understood.   The same issue arises when plugging lots of power cords into the Ansuz Mainz 8 Distributor.  It can also tip.

I've however found the surface below the distributor does matter.   Placing the distributor on the floor (for example) is not a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 23:03 by 1AngMoh »

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #483 on: September 07, 2016, 00:43 »
Just chiming in broler Macrotrust...

Touched on this in the Directstream DAC thread....I thing at high bit rate for Spotify Premium (320kbps), plus going through your superlative digital setup (USB/Singxer SU-1/I2S to DAC) is no horse run. Taking compression/quality of recording aside, if playback through SACD player either direct to preamp (real SACD output using CDP internal DAC) or via digital connection to the new DAC (in this case is playing CD layer of SACD) - the playback resolution/DAC quality/clock quality all different. Hence results may not be consistent. Generally, the more superlative processing system, fed with good power and good resonance control - would prevail.

For my case, in my current setup, I dun think any CDP with internal DAC can touch it....but when the PS Audio Directstream Transport come, feeding via similar I2S connection into DirectStream and playing true DSD, the converse may be true again. Only AB (despite its cruelty), can tell which is better :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 00:45 by durianlover88 »
For sale(neg):

Offline shenzenus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #484 on: September 08, 2016, 13:49 »
Bro Macrotrust,
Thanks for the detailed experience.  I have privately shared my experience with Marcotrust earlier...  I'm currently streaming from dedicated Mac mini, via Audirvana 2, (USB or Firewire) to Mytek DSD DAC playing in AIFF format.  I've downloaded both Spotify and Tidal (both High Res) for trial. 

Can't tell much difference when streaming between Spotify and Tidal.  But  SQ from both Spotify and Tidal can't match the SQ from Aurdivana.  Spotify/Tidal sounded veil while Aurdirvana sounded more transparent and analogue and more details etc.   This is based on my setup.  Maybe I screwed up somewhere along the chain and probably that's why I couldn't get the best out of Spotify/Tidal and the likes, but they are cool with large music library to choose from.

Bro- u really make me work OT to find out Spotify vs SACD-  This is my first to do this testing with my new DAC.
The conclusion is shocking if you will do A/B test-as clearly the winner is Spotify. Please do your own testing of SACD vs Spotify or other streaming house to verify yourself.

Offline shenzenus

« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2016, 08:06 »
Maybe later if i have time will try Audirvana to hear the sound quality.

From the computerphile forum, members suggested Audirvana match well with Mac platform while JRiver match well with Windows...  You may want to trial both.

Maybe u try the Ansuz USB cable and Ceramic Power cord- as u r almost full loom of Ansuz accessories soon. try it on your DAC- try Ceramic PC very good . I find it quite powerful for my previous DAC- darker background- now using Diamond PC-remove any veil that you describe. Try the DTC footer on Dac very effective.
I already have the Ansuz Diamond USB  ;)  Was told the DTC footers can be better than Ceramic PC.  Need to explore this area...

Maybe it time for upgrading your DAC.
Care to share which DAC are you using now?

Offline shenzenus

« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2016, 19:51 »
Thanks Macrotrust,
I'll separately arrange with you for the trial  :)

I invite u to my place to try out my sound system-if u r interested in upgrading your DAC or Ceramic PC. U let me know by PM- bring along your MacMini &/or your existing DAC as i have most of the basic Anzus stuff that u need to hear it first hand. We can do some experiment with any combination- cable, Dac or with your existing gears as to pin point which areas to improve.

Offline milk_vanilla

« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2016, 20:36 »
If time allow Can i join too?
*pls pm me

Offline kimurastanley

« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2016, 22:05 »

Wow-tonight visited another solid digital set up By Bro Wyaw- very impressive of his high end music server which connect to his Chord Dave and to power amp Karan KAS 600 without pre-amp and ASI Tango speaker . It has been a long time since i have heard Bro Fgchong Vinyl sound system with his Goldmund monoblock & Wilson Alexia speaker last year.

This times i heard it again with this digital set up- with tight bass control & pull back with speed- no loose tone or bass- very controlled - with  vocal so clear and transparent- wondering if i am hearing Tsai Chin on vinyl. The set up was well done with :

1) High end music server with disc slot for ripping (i think i saw the slot) fan-less , no heat when touching it
2) Special filter- Both at the server end & DAC side with Anzus DTC Resonance Control or footer
3)Dave DAC- with PCM and DSD output- very enjoyable & musical DAC
4) Karan KAS 600- 600Watts per channel- DTC Ansuz Diamond power cord & Interconnect
5) ASI Tango- good synergy with Karan power Amp
6)Anzus Diamond Power Distributer
7) Some "secret recipe"- which made the music crystal clear, transparent & detail with texture as one may not realise actually this is a digital music playback if one will to do a blind test.

Overall very impressive sound system- given his collection of music which was rip from CD - red book format over the years with many tracks to choose from. Using JRiver with tablet control. Those who are into serious digital set up- maybe can pick a few trick from him. Again i have not heard spotify streaming music.- :(

PS- this Chord Dave is a very high end DAC- A force to reckon with- as the PCM output is excellent- as most CD rip are redbook format. As i have already said before- CD ripping to Computer- is not so simple- as the set up is quite complicated as there are other hardware involved which was not mentioned. Quite a few level of filtering  is needed to produce the kind of Sound quality & the treatment of power supply is crucial for clean & undainted as to provide a clear sound. There is more than meet the eyes- be prepared to spend time and budget as it is not plug and play- compare to Vinyl or CDP-many testing is required to get the optimal result.
Will ASI tango cause bass boom in the setup?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline murphys33

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2016, 22:18 »

Wow-tonight visited another solid digital set up By Bro Wyaw- very impressive of his high end music server which connect to his Chord Dave and to power amp Karan KAS 600 without pre-amp and ASI Tango speaker . It has been a long time since i have heard Bro Fgchong Vinyl sound system with his Goldmund monoblock & Wilson Alexia speaker last year.

This times i heard it again with this digital set up- with tight bass control & pull back with speed- no loose tone or bass- very controlled - with  vocal so clear and transparent- wondering if i am hearing Tsai Chin on vinyl. The set up was well done with :

1) High end music server with disc slot for ripping (i think i saw the slot) fan-less , no heat when touching it
2) Special filter- Both at the server end & DAC side with Anzus DTC Resonance Control or footer
3)Dave DAC- with PCM and DSD output- very enjoyable & musical DAC
4) Karan KAS 600- 600Watts per channel- DTC Ansuz Diamond power cord & Interconnect
5) ASI Tango- good synergy with Karan power Amp
6)Anzus Diamond Power Distributer
7) Some "secret recipe"- which made the music crystal clear, transparent & detail with texture as one may not realise actually this is a digital music playback if one will to do a blind test.

Overall very impressive sound system- given his collection of music which was rip from CD - red book format over the years with many tracks to choose from. Using JRiver with tablet control. Those who are into serious digital set up- maybe can pick a few trick from him. Again i have not heard spotify streaming music.- :(

PS- this Chord Dave is a very high end DAC- A force to reckon with- as the PCM output is excellent- as most CD rip are redbook format. As i have already said before- CD ripping to Computer- is not so simple- as the set up is quite complicated as there are other hardware involved which was not mentioned. Quite a few level of filtering  is needed to produce the kind of Sound quality & the treatment of power supply is crucial for clean & undainted as to provide a clear sound. There is more than meet the eyes- be prepared to spend time and budget as it is not plug and play- compare to Vinyl or CDP-many testing is required to get the optimal result.
What is that high-end server that can do ripping please?

Offline tehsibutter

« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2016, 13:02 »
buy this sound meter for better tuning for your ansuz cables

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=194897.0

Offline fazer

« Reply #491 on: September 18, 2016, 22:50 »
Hi all, I have been searching this thread high and low trying to figure out who the dealer for Ansuz products is here in Singapore.
Am interested in trying out the Darkz footers and maybe the Sparkz as well.
Can someone kindly pass me their contact number or website please?

Thanks.

Offline durianlover88

« Reply #492 on: September 19, 2016, 07:15 »
Giraffe Signature is the dealer (www.giraffe-signature.com)
Nickname here in XP is AnsuzSin. Contact: 96694048.
However, he just left for holidays in China yesterday. You might want to PM him and wait for his return in a couple weeks...
For sale(neg):

Offline fazer

« Reply #493 on: September 20, 2016, 04:04 »
Giraffe Signature is the dealer (www.giraffe-signature.com)
Nickname here in XP is AnsuzSin. Contact: 96694048.
However, he just left for holidays in China yesterday. You might want to PM him and wait for his return in a couple weeks...

Hi DL,

Thanks very much for the contact info.
Will wait for him to return from his hols.

Offline shenzenus

« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2016, 08:15 »

Bro Macrotrust, Great reviews. 
Not surprised with test result (2) but quite surprised with test result (3).  Perhaps you are right, Spotify could be copied from Master Tape.

1) JR PCM vs Win Media- cannot tell the different- suspect DAC upsample all file to DSD output done by the DAC.
2) JR PCM vs convert to DSD output- For vocal DSD sound slighlty better for TT vocal
3)JR (PCM & DSD output) vs Spotify- Spotify is a better sound quality. As said before it is not simply just plug n play- using Laptop for ripping is OK- but dont expect great result.

These CD ripping is based on JR software with output in PCM and later convert to DSD.  Overall spotify sound quality is better - i dont know what is behind the scene in their music server- suspect most ablum copy is from the master tape- unlike ripping CD is still CD quality- even if convert to DSD output- still cannot make it. It is not that bad- at TT vocal can be heard clearer than normal CD.