Author Topic: Feel Blessed this Xmas..Merry Xmas to all members!  (Read 659 times)

Offline joagib

• Trade Count: (+3)
Feel Blessed this Xmas..Merry Xmas to all members!
« on: December 24, 2016, 12:28 »
Reserved with full payment $500 transfer to bank by a Wise gentleman.

I curiously ask buyer why he didn't buy from price slasher Gluttony @$450,he told me he wont buy items that is 'Too Cheap To Be True',it might be a scam.
And also he read both mine and Gluttony profile posting.
Joagib: on alot of HT thread/Hsu sub thread/all sales posting with hp no..staying ubi

Gluttony : supporter of PSA sub vice versa against all posting on other branding sub/never post hp no. in sales posting/stay near bedok..
He knows who he is by another *username but refused to tell me when I persistently ask.
Btw,thank you Gluttony for my successful sale at my selling price,without your spike,it will be difficult for me to sell my 103D at this time when 203 is already out.
I think Moderator should know who he is by the registered ip address.
Original Oppo 103D purchased from local SLT in mint condition.
Include original remote/ stock accessories.No boxed/Warranty just over.
Selling: $500nett*
Hp: 96519009

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:59 by joagib »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Feel Blessed this Xmas..Merry Xmas to all members!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 19:06 »
May I ask what is the purpose of this post?

Offline CASH

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
    • My Hi-Fi and H/T Set Up
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 20:04 »
I believe he is trying to highlight the tactics of certain low ballers around..
A very innocent post to me..
I LIKE EM, MEATY, THICK AND ROUND!!!!
Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
http://www.hraudio.net/library.php?user=11189

Offline joagib

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 21:24 »
May I ask what is the purpose of this post?
Sharing a wise buyer thoughts on how he see through /judge a true seller sales posting or a fake sales posting so that keen buyers wont be held back because of low price tag surfacing 1 after another sales posting.Members can also aware of fake posting using only email address with ridiculous low price tag or even members which only use PM/no hp numbers and can opt not to reply,then post reserved or sold again.These have been happening many times,we know who they are(using different usernames to reply to their own thread or using it to spike/stir) but there's nothing we can do...we cant simply click on Report Moderator,Moderator will not see any wrong doing too.

For example:
Denon avr 7200w for sale $2,300.everyone can tell that this is a reasonable used price tag,then comes another seller at $1500.Whats the intention?obviously is to Spike seller,make sure he cant sell it or maybe this spiker himself wtb this 7200w but spike the price in order to lowball. This is not good to a true seller clearing his 7200w.

My feedback is for my 103D buyer'Wise guy"...good initiative.
Awareness to members..whether he is a buyer or seller.
I posted my bank screenshot to show I sold at $500 at my nett price as to let members here who will be clearing their bdp due to their new oppo 203 arrival not to worry about their existing bdp will be price crashed because of this dirt price tag $450.
I even thank this $450 seller Gluttony in my feedback for my successsful sale.I think he is busy with Xmas now,no where to be seen..didnt even reply on my thankfulness..lol

MERRY X'MAS EVERYONE!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:02 by joagib »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 21:26 »
Sharing a wise buyer thoughts on how he see through /judge a true seller sales posting or a fake sales posting so that keen buyers wont be held back because of low price tag surfacing 1 after another sales posting.Members can also aware of fake posting using only email address with ridiculous low price tag or even members which only use PM/no hp numbers and can opt not to reply,then post reserved or sold again.These have been happening many times,we know who they are(using different usernames to reply to their own thread or using it to spike/stir) but there's nothing we can do...we cant simply click on Report Moderator,Moderator will not see any wrong doing too.

For example:
Denon avr 7200w for sale $2,300.everyone can tell that this is a reasonable used price tag,then comes another seller at $1500.Whats the intension?obviously is to Spike seller,make sure he cant sell it or maybe this spiker himself wtb this 7200w but spike the price in order to lowball. This is not good to a true seller clearing his 7200w.

My feedback is for my 103D buyer'Wise guy"...good initiative.
Awareness to members..whether he is a buyer or seller.
I posted my bank screenshot to show I sold at $500 at my nett price as to let members here who will be clearing their bdp due to their new oppo 203 arrival not to worry about their existing bdp will be price crashed because of this dirt price tag $450.
I even thank this $450 seller Gluttony in my feedback for my successsful sale.I think he is busy with Xmas now,no where to be seen..didnt even reply on my thankfulness..lol

MERRY X'MAS EVERYONE!

I see. Thanks for sharing. :)

Offline joagib

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 21:36 »
I see. Thanks for sharing. :)

Np Des...thank you for another year of long hardwork mending xtremeplace forum,enjoy your X'MAS..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 23:30 by joagib »

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 11:15 »
For a difference of around 10% I don't think anyone is really trying to do anything other than perhaps move it faster than another...but a no response could be seen as such ulterior motive perhaps, unless genuinely busy with family or work etc.

Even for the MO I had no replies for over a week from some that were legitimately traveling.

It's advisable for those selling to check the wanted adverts and vise versa as I think many forget to do this. Then one can assess the fair market prices people are asking or expecting and try not to spoil the market for others trying to get a fair price.

I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 12:14 »
For a difference of around 10% I don't think anyone is really trying to do anything other than perhaps move it faster than another...but a no response could be seen as such ulterior motive perhaps, unless genuinely busy with family or work etc.

It's advisable for those selling to check the wanted adverts and vise versa as I think many forget to do this. Then one can assess the fair market prices people are asking or expecting and try not to spoil the market for others trying to get a fair price.

My thoughts exactly when I read this post. Unless there is any indication in the past that the other "chap" (gluttony) has ever try to sabotage a genuine sale - i.e. "spoil market"in the past (dirty tactics), then it is definitely a good caution to alert other members but the way I look at it, the price though priced competitively lower than other members trying to offload the BDP-103D (perhaps because he got the new UDP-203) does not necessarily mean gluttony is there to spoil market. I believed there are some members here in the past iirc, Doggie Howser (bro, sorry if it is not you, I might have mixed up with someone else) that he hate selling stuff in the forum as it is a hassle etc and if he does sell stuff, he will price it at a very "attractive" price simply to rid of it...as he dun want to hold on to old gadget for to long.

However I can see the good intentions of joagib and the rationale of this post as such I do not wish to comment further.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:16 by desray »