Author Topic: Green Arrow hits the small screen - Arrow  (Read 10748 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Green Arrow hits the small screen - Arrow
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 16:30 »
Hmmm.... I think she adds a certain sense of levity to the show thats perhaps missing. Besides, she's pleasing on the eye too  ;D

Felicity was a great character in the beginning with the tech support that she was providing. For a while it even seems as if she will developed into a Oracle-like character which would have been just perfect. But when they start hooking her up with Oliver, she became annoying as hell. And her nerdy way and constant whining was wearing thin and irritating. Besides I dun think she is a good fit for Oliver. But that just me; perhaps because as a DC fanboy, it would have to be OliverxLaurel for me.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 21:01 »
The episode that Constantine fan was looking forward to is a week away!

[SPOILER ALERT: Pls dun click play if you are not up to speed with Season 4 of Arrow]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRhPFRJ0NcQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hRhPFRJ0NcQ&fs=1</a>

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 23:04 »
[Spoilers Ahead. Do Not read if you had not watched S04 Ep05]

OMG! S04 Ep05 is by far one of the best Arrow episodes ever.

I just love the way that the writers managed to bring in John Constantine in so smoothly and logically into the Arrow-verse. And they even manage to provide a backstory to the 1st meeting between Oliver and John on Lian Yu; which was unexpected. Matt Ryan's performance on this episode is incomparable and he certainly make a strong case for himself to continue in the role for (hopefully) future appearances.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 09:23 »
[Spoilers Ahead. Do Not read if you had not watched S04 Ep05]

OMG! S04 Ep05 is by far one of the best Arrow episodes ever.

I just love the way that the writers managed to bring in John Constantine in so smoothly and logically into the Arrow-verse. And they even manage to provide a backstory to the 1st meeting between Oliver and John on Lian Yu; which was unexpected. Matt Ryan's performance on this episode is incomparable and he certainly make a strong case for himself to continue in the role for (hopefully) future appearances.

Really enjoyed it ;)

I thought he was really giving the third finger to those who cancelled his show :D

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 21:44 »
Really enjoyed it ;)

I thought he was really giving the third finger to those who cancelled his show :D

Oh yeah. That peacock feather to scratch an itch on his back was a subtle shot at NBC that many would probably miss.

Another thing that was easily missed is the tattoo that John gave Oliver on the island which the producers had said will play in key role in future episodes.

And Ep 6 is bringing back Ray Palmer! Check it out!! Very cool. He's really the Atom now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Od8Z1TtL_l0&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Od8Z1TtL_l0&fs=1</a>

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 09:22 »
Trailer for when the season resumes! :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNPzQl2WOq8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RNPzQl2WOq8&fs=1</a>
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 12:04 »
The show that launched the entire Arrow-verse has deservedly got a renewal - along with all the other DC/Vertigo shows on CW - The Flash, iZombie and DC's Legends of Tomorrow!

SOURCE

One more thing - DING DONG - Olicity is dead! Good gracious I say. One of the most tedious and divisive element of the show is finally put to rest. Hopefully forever!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:07 by lonewolf »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 15:10 »
One more thing - DING DONG - Olicity is dead! Good gracious I say. One of the most tedious and divisive element of the show is finally put to rest. Hopefully forever!

Aww, come on, it wasn't that bad. How else are they going to keep the ratings up with the chicks? Needs some "romance" in the midst of all that testosterone :P
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 08:10 »
The show that launched the entire Arrow-verse has deservedly got a renewal - along with all the other DC/Vertigo shows on CW - The Flash, iZombie and DC's Legends of Tomorrow!

SOURCE

I dunno. Is it really?

We had that teaser "someone is going to die... six months later" and we thought it was Felicity.. then it wasn't.

I think this last week's episode must have been a shocker for lone.

The build up was there.. you knew that the death scene was coming. The writers really laid it all out there.. all the hints of goodbyes, so when death finally came, it wasn't much of a surprise. But that they would do it to such a central character from the comic world was probably hard to swallow.

On a related note, Sleepy Hollow had pretty much the same hints leading to the season (series?) finale.
End of Line - Derezzed

Online pschia

• I love Cats !
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 09:52 »
Death is never final in the Arrow universe when there is the Lazarus Pit. If they can resurrect one canary, they can resurrect two. ;)
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 15:04 »

Death is never final in the Arrow universe when there is the Lazarus Pit. If they can resurrect one canary, they can resurrect two. ;)

You must not have watched the series. Ras' daughter has destroyed the pit.

Plus they are quite adamant this isn't a temporary death. You will see an Earth 2 version of the character - but in The Flash. And in Vixen the animated series. But not in Arrow.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 15:04 »
Arrow | Season 5 Comic-Con®: First Look

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxG7JR4-nCM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LxG7JR4-nCM&fs=1</a>

S04 was a little disappointing but more so for killing off fan favourite Laurel. But news that actress Katie Cassidy (who played Laurel) has signed to be a series regular on all Arrow-verse shows. How that's going to work is beyond me right now.

Frankly, the teaser doesn't offer anything to be really excited about S05 so we will just have to wait and see.

[Update] Apparently it seems that Prometheus will be the big bad for Arrow S05. Frankly if the dude in the last few frames, then I must admit that it was lost on me on 1st viewing.

Prometheus is traditionally a JL villain but does has a history with Green Arrow in the comics, predominantly the unforgettable Cry for Justice where he maimed Roy Harper and killed his daughter when he detonated a device in Star City. Eventually, Oliver
Spoiler: show
hoots an arrow through the villain's head. Of cos that would be less of a big deal in the series.

[Update 2] OK. News is trickling in that the S04 big bad Prometheus will be a new character and not the comics character.

“[It’s] a new character, someone who fits into the theme of legacy this year that’s going to be driving all of our characters, including the big bad,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said. “He’s pretty badass.”

More info including returning and new characters >> Comic-Con 2016: Arrow reveals big bad, Katie Cassidy's return
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:16 by lonewolf »

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 20:11 »
S05 for the show that started it all is winding down. And quite frankly while S05 was much improved over the tepid S04, the conclusion was quite anti-climatic.

I do love the way the writers throw a red herring in the way of the comics fans. By introducing a comics character - Vigilante whose alter-ego is known and then throwing a curve ball later was actually quite brilliant.

While the issue of who Vigilante is was never resolved, it appeared that this will be revealed next season.

There are still 2 episodes but essentially the Prometheus arc has concluded. Deathstroke is making an appearance in the finale and I had thought his assistance was needed to take down Prometheus but I guess that won't be the case. So perhaps, the writers will use the next 2 episodes to set up S06.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 20:14 by lonewolf »

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 08:02 »
So it turned out that my proclamation of the conclusion of the Prometheus arc was premature. It was another red herring thrown our way that builds up to the proper conclusion. And what a conclusion it was! And a hellva cliffhanger.

Hope they keep it up for S06.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20 »
So it turned out that my proclamation of the conclusion of the Prometheus arc was premature. It was another red herring thrown our way that builds up to the proper conclusion. And what a conclusion it was! And a hellva cliffhanger.

Hope they keep it up for S06.

It was one of the most boring seasons ever and that includes the Ollicity storyline. zzzz

Spoilers...

Did like them bringing back Manu!

And that ending I swear is just a negotiation tactic to see who wants a pay rise next year :)
End of Line - Derezzed