Author Topic: 808 and 12012 Quattro shoot out 14 March 2014  (Read 129998 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Return of the legendary Active Subwoofer
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 00:13 »
ya , that is the point I try very hard to understand from some of the Xp menber who tell me their system can produce 100-110 db , so i visited some of the setup and problem to learn how and base on what they measure .

today's demo is to show under that kind of presure your heart can STOP . that is why I lock it at only 90db to be safe and some of you can feel the pain I know , even at 82db THX recomendation the puch and hit is very direct and sharp.
This is the level during the post production we use and that is the True of what a mid Bass called and remenber a few can really tell the dif compare to all other sub at the shop < the wind flow thru > and still nothing vibrate at the shop , except all kina hit and puch by the Disk called < True Legend > ;D
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 12:49 »
ya , that is the point I try very hard to understand from some of the Xp menber who tell me their system can produce 100-110 db , so i visited some of the setup and problem to learn how and base on what they measure .

today's demo is to show under that kind of presure your heart can STOP . that is why I lock it at only 90db to be safe and some of you can feel the pain I know , even at 82db THX recomendation the puch and hit is very direct and sharp.
This is the level during the post production we use and that is the True of what a mid Bass called and remenber a few can really tell the dif compare to all other sub at the shop < the wind flow thru > and still nothing vibrate at the shop , except all kina hit and puch by the Disk called < True Legend > ;D

Sometimes db cannot determine "feel" as I told some bros before :) The listening position does play an important role . For mid bass punch , sometimes you can feel more at lower SPL compare to higher SPL measured in a small room. A lot of factors need to consider which I myself can't explain  :P

I am really glad Ken is back into business again . I still have an old trusty MK5000 sub in my house now  ;D

To me 90db on mid when does it correctly is a lot a lot liao ,hehehe.... I believe the guy sitting at the peak mid location during the demo session will sure feel pain in the heart  ;D Those who sit at better deep bass location will feel more pressure and air but less punch .
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:55 by Jason Yeo »
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline econav

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 16:01 »
Ya , db just like the respone curve of speaker they just give out a number and who ever to use that data to balance it with the Room and the power needed to setup for a given task.

So , same go to the active subwoofer not just how low they can go or how much power the bultin Amp is , but very much how they interact with the room and the audience .

Lot of people think Bass are omni directional and can never be directed to a given spot/cone and they want to hear it and go louder and louder ends up just disappointed , lately I visited a number of Xp menber's setup and i learnt that they do have alot of bass , but i called that as just rumble ,so much so that it affected all the 90-200 Hz band which are directional still.

for most of the room size in sg , we dont really need more than 80db 300-80Hz and 85-87db 80-20Hz . but still it depend of that person's blood pressure and how our nerve react to it ,thereafter is just pain not enjoyment .

BTW , Jason , did you and pete meet up ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 16:09 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 16:33 »
Ya , db just like the respone curve of speaker they just give out a number and who ever to use that data to balance it with the Room and the power needed to setup for a given task.

So , same go to the active subwoofer not just how low they can go or how much power the bultin Amp is , but very much how they interact with the room and the audience .

Lot of people think Bass are omni directional and can never be directed to a given spot/cone and they want to hear it and go louder and louder ends up just disappointed , lately I visited a number of Xp menber's setup and i learnt that they do have alot of bass , but i called that as just rumble ,so much so that it affected all the 90-200 Hz band which are directional still.

for most of the room size in sg , we dont really need more than 80db 300-80Hz and 85-87db 80-20Hz . but still it depend of that person's blood pressure and how our nerve react to it ,thereafter is just pain not enjoyment .

Ya met up . Still waiting for you to contact me but believe you are busy demo and collecting orders for the new Ken's subs now :)
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline econav

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 17:26 »
Lost my phone during the Roadshow.
all post

Offline econav

Let's do a subwoofer shootout
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 13:52 »
Interest check first , may do it .this Saturday or Sunday.

1) Seaton Submersive
2) Rythmik FV15HP
3) Hsu VF15
4) JL F113
5) DXD 12012
6) JTR S1

Anyone ?

Peng
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 15:38 by econav »
all post

Offline Began

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 14:48 »
Interest check first , may do it .this Saturday or Sunday.

1) Seaton Submersive
2) Rythmik FV15HP
3) Hsu VF15
4) JL F113
5) DXD 12012

Anyone ?

Peng
Can add another Sub, JTR S1?

Offline econav

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 15:38 »
JTR-S1 vs DXD12012 will be good , but need Big space and strong heart
See how things go added to the list.
all post

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 15:42 »
Let me know when it's on so that I can buy insurance for heart failure during the contest! ;D

Offline Junior

• What after ATMOS? Spk underneath huh!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 16:08 »
the shortlisted subs are from 12" to 15"
would be interesting to see how well the 12" perform against the 15"

is really unfortunate of me not being able to attend since is weekend :(
Stereo Setup:
CD Player - Marantz CD6000OSE LE
Pre - Class A Discrete Buffer by Decibel Dungeon
Amp - DIY AKSA55 by Aspen Audio
Loudspeaker - ProAc2.5 Clone

5.1 HT Setup:
BD Player: Sony S-790
Denon 1610 AVR
傲士2.5 L&R/Audax 3Ways Center/DefTech Pro60 SR & SL
SVS PB12+/2 12" TC 1000 & DIY Dual M&K 808

Offline econav

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 17:43 »
Let me know when it's on so that I can buy insurance for heart failure during the contest! ;D

Yr place will be good to test the endurance of each sub , volunteer to use your place  ;)
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 17:47 »
the shortlisted subs are from 12" to 15"
would be interesting to see how well the 12" perform against the 15"

is really unfortunate of me not being able to attend since is weekend :(

12 -18"
weekday , if do at night ,police will also be invited woh... ;D
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 18:15 »
Can add another Sub, JTR S1?

you bring yr S1 over ?
all post

Offline Began

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 18:32 »

Offline econav

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 18:38 »
yes

we will setup on this friday at 8pm
1) seaton > On
2) JTR S1 > On
3) DXD 12012

anyMoRe want to come in ?
all post