Author Topic: Himedia Q5 - Android Box that supports ISO and HD Audio?  (Read 2846 times)

Offline extinguisher

Himedia Q5 - Android Box that supports ISO and HD Audio?
« on: September 07, 2012, 15:20 »
http://www.himedia-tech.cn/product_show.php?id=37

So far all the Android boxes I see do not play iso and hd audio. This is the first one I see that does. Not sure how well ARM Cortex-A9 chip will handle HD video+audio playback though...

Offline htthach

Re: Himedia Q5 - Android Box that supports ISO and HD Audio?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 15:36 »
I thought the Himedia 900B is playing iso and hd audio?

Offline extinguisher

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 15:40 »
This one runs Android 4 ICS. If I remember correctly HD900 runs only Android 2.2.

The difference is Q5 is essentially an Android box while HD900 is a media player.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 15:42 by extinguisher »

Offline gazp0518

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 13:59 »
i just got it!  hope is working fine..  lol

Offline Doggie Howser

Himedia Q5 - Android Box that supports ISO and HD Audio?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 14:03 »
I've given up hope on my Oppo for playing ISOs. Some new rips are getting harder to play. It used to be that converting from BD folder to ISO would fix it. But not anymore.

Just plonked for a quad core Mac Mini today. Was going to consider a Asrock but it wasn't particularly cheap and still needed to add a Windows Licence.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kunzzy

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 14:11 »
I've given up hope on my Oppo for playing ISOs. Some new rips are getting harder to play. It used to be that converting from BD folder to ISO would fix it. But not anymore.

Just plonked for a quad core Mac Mini today. Was going to consider a Asrock but it wasn't particularly cheap and still needed to add a Windows Licence.

I was thinking of getting the imac mini too....if i do it will be my first time using Mac OS. Are there any free Mac software to play ISO?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 14:32 »
VLC.

But you may want to use Bootcamp to run Windows and TMT because that is still the more supported platform.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline anfieldude

Re: Re: Himedia Q5 - Android Box that supports ISO and HD Audio?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 16:06 »

I hv seen this as well on some titles. The work around is ripping to ISO with speed menu. They then work on the oppo. Its additional work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 16:14 »
How to rip to ISO with speed menu? What's a speed menu?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline dd_tester

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 18:48 »
I was thinking of getting the imac mini too....if i do it will be my first time using Mac OS. Are there any free Mac software to play ISO?

XBMC...

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 19:22 »
Will that play 3D ISO?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline anfieldude

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 19:46 »
How to rip to ISO with speed menu? What's a speed menu?
Doggie,

Its an option with AnyDVD HD. Shd work with 3D as well. Most of the issues with the Oppo (and not updating from the iso capable firmware) lies in the Java and/or protection. Speed Menu replaces the menu with a simple menu. This option will allow the movie to be played on the Oppo. I hv done it for a couple of the titles ie 21 Jump Street, Hunger Games etc... This also allows me to playback a 3D disc on my 2D display as well. Good for Titanic that has 1.78 aspect ratio on the 3D....

I believe it preserves the 3D (as it can still be played back using a 3D capable media player (HiMedia) as 3D on my brothers VT20)