Author Topic: Raidho Speakers Thread  (Read 215574 times)

Offline bigtree

• Trade Count: (+3)
Re: Raidho Speakers Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 09:27 »
I am ready to read post#2.....   :)
In great detail please telling us why - out of all the options available - you choose a small Danish brand which until recent times was virtually unknown.

Having owned a few pairs of ESL speakers, I am looking for the same type (well...almost similar)  details, resolution, speed and musicality in my replacement. Not being able to hear the cabinet is another + factor.

After my speaker's near death experience about 2 years back, serviceability and reliability also becomes an important criteria.

Heard the C1.1 in HKAV and was completely awed by it. The new design (and internal wirings) makes the C series totally different.

For the rest of the details and updates akan datang in post#2.

instinct

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 19:44 »
the c1.1 speaker stand is indeed gorgeous!! is there any showroom here to try it out?:)

Offline deaf.eye

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 14:23 »

Offline Laughing

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 14:26 »

AV Intelligence Pte. is their dealer in SG. give them a call

the c1.1 speaker stand is indeed gorgeous!! is there any showroom here to try it out?:)

Offline bigtree

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51 »
The Raidho C1.1 hailed as one of the world's highest-resolution loudspeakers has been considered as one of the world's most beautiful audio products by CNET!

edit: another case where the reviewer/writer doesn't know what is he reviewing. Linked picture is for C1.0 not C1.1.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 14:49 by bigtree »

Offline pink panda

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 12:48 »
Alan Sircom of HiFi plus (Sept 2012 issue) said this about Raidho c1.1 ".... this (the c1.1) is remarkable.  It ranks among the finest standmount loudspeakers money can buy".

J Valin (absolute Sound) and R Gregory (Audiobeat) also rate them very highly.

I have not heard them myself but to call them among the finest standmount loudspeakers money can buy ? Is it just hype or is it true ? Maybe those who have auditioned the c1.1 can comment.   

Offline hotbird

• I love ~Moviola~
    • ~Moviola~
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 13:01 »
Alan Sircom of HiFi plus (Sept 2012 issue) said this about Raidho c1.1 ".... this (the c1.1) is remarkable.  It ranks among the finest standmount loudspeakers money can buy".
J Valin (absolute Sound) and R Gregory (Audiobeat) also rate them very highly.
I have not heard them myself but to call them among the finest standmount loudspeakers money can buy ? Is it just hype or is it true ? Maybe those who have auditioned the c1.1 can comment.   

With regards to Roy Gregory, please note his buisness bias
http://www.avguide.com/forums/roy-gregory-new-vp-marketing-nordost

I cannot see roy’s buddies in the magazine or in the sector not giving/receiving little favors and that’s not nice however you look at it. May be, nordost can even quote roy, their own head of marketing, in their ads in hi-fi+, next to roy’s column in the same magazine. What a wonderful world.

And newcomer Pink Panda can also refer to Pink Fish
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63566

as well as this Stereophile discussion for the common views on this matter
http://www.stereophile.com/content/roy-gregory-steps-down-hifi-and-nordost-shilling-work-nordost-1

And Raidho and Nordost are very very closely linked and so is hifi-plus and gregory
 ;D ;D ;D

With regards to Jonathan Valin,  check out
Critic's Corner: Re: I realize that Valin is a fiction writer of some note by Charles Hansen
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 13:24 by hotbird »
Listen to ~MOVIOLA~Movie themes, and ILLUMINATIONS~Relaxation

Offline pink panda

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 17:44 »

Very enlightening .....I suppose we have to take audio reviews with a pinch (or bucketful ??) of salt.

To be fair J Valin did list down a several "negatives" for the c1.1 in his review but concluded with an enthusiastic recommendation. So he did come across as being quite objective. 

Anyone listen to both  the c1.1 and Magico Q 1 already ?  Would like to hear your views.           

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 00:22 »
With regards to Roy Gregory, please note his buisness bias
http://www.avguide.com/forums/roy-gregory-new-vp-marketing-nordost

Correction. Roy no longer works for Nordost… he left (or was booted) in February 2011 (almost a year prior to his Audiobeat review of the Raidho).
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline hotbird

• I love ~Moviola~
    • ~Moviola~
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 08:09 »
Correction. Roy no longer works for Nordost… he left (or was booted) in February 2011 (almost a year prior to his Audiobeat review of the Raidho).

Something not right if he left Nordost in Feb 2011, then why is he still promoting Nordost with Lars at the RMAF 2011 held in Oct last year.
The Nordost room sounded exceptional as always, but then again, those of you familiar with my column already know that I’m a huge fan of their cables and products. Lars Kristensen and Roy Gregory were constantly showing the differences their audio magic can make by spreading the Nordost gospel. They are always on-point in their presentations and work very hard to keep people engaged during their demonstrations
extracted from
Sonic Satori - T.G.I.RMAF, Our Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 Adventure

It could only means there is still some form of commercial ties with Nordost  ;D ;D ;D

Offline hotbird

• I love ~Moviola~
    • ~Moviola~
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 08:17 »
Very enlightening .....I suppose we have to take audio reviews with a pinch (or bucketful ??) of salt.

I just listen to the grapevine... :)
Lots of criticisms of reviewers in Audioasylum Critics Corner if you want to find out more about the biz of audio reviews :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:18 by hotbird »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 09:43 »
Something not right if he left Nordost in Feb 2011, then why is he still promoting Nordost with Lars at the RMAF 2011 held in Oct last year.extracted from
Sonic Satori - T.G.I.RMAF, Our Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 Adventure

It could only means there is still some form of commercial ties with Nordost  ;D ;D ;D

Ahh... typicaly SHODDY PFO reporting as usual... Here's what really went on;

The Audio Beat sponsored Seminar @ RMAF 2011
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline deaf.eye

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 12:19 »
Heard both the Raidho C1.1 and C3.1 at AV Intelligence.

Very good integration of the drivers.
Very expansive soundstage where the size of instruments are proportionate to each other in the sound scape.  It spreads with very nice details and nuances coming from the sound stage.
Well engineered and refined sounding speakers.

Overall, they give me the feeling of refined paintwork on enamel than broad strokes of acrylic paintings.  Will need very very high quality amp to show its true colours and level of refinement.  :)

Offline hmvc

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 18:42 »
Perhaps c1.1 for another room in future. Will go n listen 1 of these days.
Room ambience. R777x2. IPC energiser x2.

Offline pink panda

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 13:31 »
Nobody out there has heard both the Magico Q 1 and the C1.1 ?

Would be interested in your impressions.