Author Topic: For all things health related, let's post here...  (Read 112637 times)

Offline arcustic

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: For all things health related, let's post here...
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10 »
And because of our hectic lifestyle here, many of us turn to the wrong fluid...COFFEE....and really excessive!!

Yes, you are right....or worse, beer and hard liquor.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 13:32 by arcustic »
Life is simple.....Don't make it complicated.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 13:25 »
I don't think coffee in moderation is a big issue. I have mine black now and seldom have more than one or shots a day.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline arcustic

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 13:38 »
Oh,  I love coffee.  Just like you Wiz, I have mine black ... 1 during breakfast and another after lunch.  Moderation is good.  Used to drink 6 or more a day until I met my wife and she got me into green tea   :)

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 13:55 »
Couple of people have touched on sleep which is definitely critical to our health state.  During our waking moments our nerve cells are constantly active and become more or less fatigued. Sleep gives the body cells an opportunity of ridding themselves of waste and of repairing themselves.  In fact, our body has the ability to self cure any illness it is facing.  It also influence the way we eat, think and function while we are awake.  Typically for an adult, we need 7-9 hours of sleep daily.

Funny that you mentioned sleep... look at the number of posts after midnight, when all of us should be asleep!
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 14:43 »
Oh,  I love coffee.  Just like you Wiz, I have mine black ... 1 during breakfast and another after lunch.  Moderation is good.  Used to drink 6 or more a day until I met my wife and she got me into green tea   :)

I also like green tea but the caffeine in gt can be even higher than coffee

I used to take my coffee as latte in the mornings and sometimes later in the day too...but only at night after dinner when we have guests that want one. Black was only since my trying to get off sugars and carbs as the is a lot of sugar in milk.

So far I have dropped 1.7kg's in 5 days...I'm sure that's not going to be maintainable for long but it's going in the right direction for now. My blood sugars on the decline too so that's good too.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline dankoo

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 15:10 »
Normally, the initial drop is from fluid in your body...after that is taken out of the equation then we are talking about actual weight loss...

Green tea (Longgin) is good in helping to manage cholesterol
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 18:47 »
After my gym, I usually go to e hawker centre for an ABC juice. A= apple, B= beetroot, C= carrot and celery. All of these with a dash of lemon. It's very effective in detoxifying e body and slimming it down. Quite effective for me. This was a recommendation by a colleague who shared with me that her friend was downing this concoction everyday after being diagnosed with cancer. Each time she goes to e doc, e tumor kept shrinking till it was gone. She has continued to take it everyday.

PS - beetroot on its own is near impossible to drink.
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline qrm

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 19:38 »
After my gym, I usually go to e hawker centre for an ABC juice. A= apple, B= beetroot, C= carrot and celery. All of these with a dash of lemon. It's very effective in detoxifying e body and slimming it down. Quite effective for me. This was a recommendation by a colleague who shared with me that her friend was downing this concoction everyday after being diagnosed with cancer. Each time she goes to e doc, e tumor kept shrinking till it was gone. She has continued to take it everyday.

I was with you until the last sentence the juice made her cancer tumour go away! If that was the case don't you think people will be selling the stuff for millions as the latest cancer cure and it will be global headlines? There is no quick fix for cancer.....
Room 1: Onkyo 608, B&W MT30, additional PV1 sub, Crowson A300+ transducers x 4, Onkyo BD507,   PS3
Room 2:  Onkyo 608, Kef eggs 3005SE, Samsung BD 309, PS3, Samsung 55 plasma.
Room 3: PS3, Samsung 55 inch plasma
Room 4: Emotiva UMC-1, UPA-2, UPA-7, OPPO 93, B&W MT30, Pansonic AE4000 Crowson Transducers x 4
Room 5: Onkyo 608, B&W MT30, Samsung 65 inch, Samsung BD
Room 6: Pioneer BCS-FS500
Room 7: Mirage Nanosats+sub, sonos
Outdoors 1: Sonos and Bose green bucket speakers.

Offline whyeme

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 20:47 »
Such a coincidence. My wife is working at The Diabetic Shop. It started as an online biz, but the lady boss opened retail outlets at Square 2 and Parkway Parade.

http://www.diabeticshop.com.sg/
Hall: Philips 65PFA4350/98. Oppo BDT-101CI. Emotiva UMC-200. Rotel RMB-1512. SB Acoustics ARA. Dynaudio Contour SCX. Dynaudio Audience 42. Wharfedale 10.1. PSA XS30. Orisun DD+12. miniDSP Dirac DDRC-88A/BM. Belden Studio 814. IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155. Zidoo H6 Pro.

Bedroom: Plinius 2100i. Dynaudio Excite X12. iFi Micro iDSD. Plixir Bac 1200. IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155. Belden Studio 814.

Offline petetherock

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 21:15 »
Quick fix for cancer?
Ate laksa char kway teow and nasi lemak ... Daily and often. Then you won't get cancer...

My gear:

Online domho8

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 21:24 »

I ever drank beetroot on its own, wa damn siong man.  ;D

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 21:28 »
Have to agree on the cancer to some xtent...while I doubt you can rid yourself of some cancers, for sure lifestyle and diet will definitely help.

My wife had RCC and lost a kidney about 12 years ago...I think was about 4 years ago had a relapse but in her lymph nodes...still classed as RCC. This time she had much better treatment as there was lots of progress made. Oral chemo was much less impactful and also she had a course of 7 weeks 5 days a week Tomotherapy which Mt E has/had I think the only one is asia...bar japan and maybe oz. That maybe changed now. Its a really cool targeted high dose treatment based on pinpoint accurate CAT scan assisted. Used when the organs around the tumour are sensitive. Ideal for throat and nasal, brain and other locations like close to spine etc. Not cheap for the Tomo...$25K back then .. but so far so good. 

http://www.parkwaycancercentre.com/hopelink/article/3?gclid=CJWHuK_4jLICFcd56wodmTMAZw

Offline jimi

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 23:22 »
Quick fix for cancer?
Ate laksa char kway teow and nasi lemak ... Daily and often. Then you won't get cancer...

Yeah, you'll die way before cancer gets you!! ;)

Offline petetherock

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 23:32 »
Yeah, you'll die way before cancer gets you!! ;)
Remember Prof Chao? The Pathology guy?
Well he ate well, drank well, and died in his sleep in his 60s... that's a good way to go... his son, sadly didn't fair so well... he succumbed to SARS...

My gear:

Offline arcustic

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 23:59 »
I also like green tea but the caffeine in gt can be even higher than coffee

I used to take my coffee as latte in the mornings and sometimes later in the day too...but only at night after dinner when we have guests that want one. Black was only since my trying to get off sugars and carbs as the is a lot of sugar in milk.

So far I have dropped 1.7kg's in 5 days...I'm sure that's not going to be maintainable for long but it's going in the right direction for now. My blood sugars on the decline too so that's good too.

It is not necessary that green tea has a higher content of caffeine than coffee.  If you brew green tea, only steep in hot boiling water for a minute.  This method gets you all the anti oxidant and nutrients from the tea leave without much caffeine.  This is according to my wife who practices tea culture.

Good that you are losing weight minus sugar in your coffee.  However, do watch your carb intake, which is the main culprit for most blood sugar spike.  Try complex carb like brown rice and whole grain.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 14:42 by arcustic »