Author Topic: Pioneer AVR owners' Thread  (Read 132185 times)

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Pioneer AVR owners' Thread
« Reply #450 on: January 10, 2017, 23:33 »
Hi guys, can i check if sc-lx59 can do bass eq? The SW eq onky got 36hz n 63hz, my crossover is 80hz so only 2 bands i can adjust?
Nope. But why you need to adjust the EQ while the mcacc ald tuned and optimized automatically? Or you believe you can do better than calibration system or just wan to tune to the sound you think suit to your taste?
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i, Rega P1, Emotiva XPS-1

Offline skate

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2017, 19:18 »
Better check again there is no short in between those pre-out rca. You can switch off the Main means the power amp in LX57 is completely turn off. Do isolation check by disconnect one by one pre-out channel connection to filter the actual root cause.
One last thing you can do a factory reset follow by full mcacc.
Please update your finding so that we can help further.

thanks bro joagib and bro kelvinsin for some of the advices. Bought a usb laptop fan and put on top on my avr as bro joagib mentioned that it might be due to heat. Factory reset also done and a full auto mcacc calibration. Watched some movie scenes which have lots of impact, no tripping. But while changing disc from my bluray player, my avr suddenly restart. About 3 sec, another restarting. It happened a total of 3 times. Hmm...i think its time to send for servicing.

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2017, 19:27 »

thanks bro joagib and bro kelvinsin for some of the advices. Bought a usb laptop fan and put on top on my avr as bro joagib mentioned that it might be due to heat. Factory reset also done and a full auto mcacc calibration. Watched some movie scenes which have lots of impact, no tripping. But while changing disc from my bluray player, my avr suddenly restart. About 3 sec, another restarting. It happened a total of 3 times. Hmm...i think its time to send for servicing.
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P

Offline deadrick

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2017, 19:43 »
Nope. But why you need to adjust the EQ while the mcacc ald tuned and optimized automatically? Or you believe you can do better than calibration system or just wan to tune to the sound you think suit to your taste?
i dont think mcacc  adjust anything in the LF, REW showing messy peaks and nulls, SW eq is flat as well, dont think its auto adjusted .

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2017, 20:06 »
i dont think mcacc  adjust anything in the LF, REW showing messy peaks and nulls, SW eq is flat as well, dont think its auto adjusted .
Its does. Can you imagine if the mcacc or audessy calibrate the whole frequency range but leave LF and require all user to manual adjust the sub EQ? Do you think is possible?

I think this could be the reason why you found no seen sub req compensation in mcacc.

"Subwoofer
The subwoofer EQ feature allows you to adjust the subwoofer tone. For Auto MCACC, the subwoofer EQ is automatically adjusted with EQ type ALL CH ADJ, while manual adjustment is available with EQ type SYMMETRY and FRONT ALIGN. As
with other EQ, the manual adjustment can be done on the AV receiver’s GUI."

If you used Auto MCACC with "keep all sp", you should have 3 different sound mode which is ALL CH ADJ, SYMMETRY and FRONT ALIGN. Choose the ALL CH ADJ mode and you should able to see the different.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 20:39 by kelvinsin »

Offline skate

« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2017, 20:13 »
I believe bro joagib has advised you to do some isolation test to find where is the potential root cause right? At least you will have basic idea even if u tell pioneer service center to narrow down the range with useful and detail description.

yup will do more trials to find out the root cause. But kind of busy this week. Will continue next week.Thanks alot.

Offline joagib

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2017, 20:40 »
yup will do more trials to find out the root cause. But kind of busy this week. Will continue next week.Thanks alot.
Which connection did you use from bdp to Avr?
I believe Hdmi cable to Avr.
Any other connection for your stereo listening? Like RCA /OPTICAL/COAXIAL to Avr?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 20:44 by joagib »

Offline deadrick

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #457 on: August 04, 2017, 12:19 »
Can we set front height and top ceiling config for 5.1.4 set up?
My current config is top front n top rear ceiling speakers.

Another setting avail is front height n rear height but no mixture of front height n top rear.

Playing ard to see front height or top front is better.

Certain scene, there seems to be a gap at the front height area btw top front n my front LR speakers..

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Offline CASH

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
    • My Hi-Fi and H/T Set Up
« Reply #458 on: September 01, 2017, 09:33 »
"DTS PLAY-FI" firmware updates should soon be available for the selected Pioneer AVR's..

https://www.hkpioneer.net/en/press_release-detail.php?id=317&index=1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:36 by CASH »
I LIKE EM, MEATY, THICK AND ROUND!!!!
Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
http://www.hraudio.net/library.php?user=11189

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #459 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44 »
Alas, my 6+ years old LX83 failed me last night.  The audio simply stopped, only video was displayed. Tried the headphones also no luck! :P

Any Bros here had similar problem?  I assume the amp is fried!  Has anyone sent his for repairs and what was the damage like?

Or it’s not worth repairing it :).  Time to upgrade? ::) :)

Tks
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:44 by francis wu »

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #460 on: November 10, 2017, 10:00 »
Alas, my 6+ years old LX83 failed me last night.  The audio simply stopped, only video was displayed. Tried the headphones also no luck! :P

Any Bros here had similar problem?  I assume the amp is fried!  Has anyone sent his for repairs and what was the damage like?

Tks
Not advisable to repair. At least 200-300 required. Even used Lx58 should better in term of functionality and sq

Offline Jagdpanzer

• HT & Audio
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2017, 10:41 »
6 year +  AV amp is like 6 year old entry level DAC.
I doubt it can even fetch $350.
Time to upgrade to maybe another Pioneer which comes with 2 yr warranty with home service and energy friendly Class D amp. 

Tks

Offline francis wu

« Reply #462 on: November 10, 2017, 11:17 »
Tks for the input!  I was just about to post that my LX83 is working fine now :)

I spent the afternoon yesterday to clean all the contacts, vacuumed the internal modules and blew hard thru’ the headphone jack, and voila, it’s sprang to life again :)
Guessed it’s a matter of overheating! :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #463 on: November 10, 2017, 12:36 »
Is Dirac Live room correction coming to Pioneer AVRs? Any idea

Offline francis wu

« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2017, 17:43 »
Not that I have heard but i think it does help if you have already run a Dirac Live room correction before calibrating your HT channels! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal