Author Topic: Pioneer AVR owners' Thread  (Read 113433 times)

Offline chanfm

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Pioneer AVR owners' Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 11:14 »

Thanks etnt and francis for the replies.

I have decided to use my Oppo 83 Nu Force with the Pioneer LX83.  My question is whether the SQ and PQ is better if I get a Pioneer LX55 BDP instead?

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 11:28 »
No.  Stick with your 83.  Output it in bitstream.

You are not happy with your current SQ and PQ!  Shud get the Aiborg hdmi cable from Petetherock as he has extra on his buying trip.

Offline chanfm

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 12:20 »
No.  Stick with your 83.  Output it in bitstream.

You are not happy with your current SQ and PQ!  Shud get the Aiborg hdmi cable from Petetherock as he has extra on his buying trip.

No, no...I am happy with SQ and PQ.  I just wanted to know whether I can get better with the LX55.

I have Aiborg 1.5m - very good hdmi cable!!  But I am looking for a 3m Aiborg.  I will ask Pete if he has extra to sell.

Offline petesim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 21:17 »
Guys, I've a question. Is it possible to biamp the fronts L/R with this amp?

Offline francis wu

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 21:24 »
Confirmed! Double confirmed... ;D

Offline dream88sg

• I got the upgrade bug!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 21:46 »
Hi

You can even bi amp Left Centre and Right. I am doing this.

Thanks

Offline petesim

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 22:13 »
Confirmed! Double confirmed... ;D

Thanks.. so use the 2 channel from the rear to biamp the fronts.

<<You can even bi amp Left Centre and Right. I am doing this.>>
How do you do this?

Offline francis wu

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 23:00 »
If I m not wrong, most of top flight AVRs like Denon, Onkyo, Yammy, etc can also bi-amp their channels.  Nothing special here.  Most important is the kind of amps they are using.  Pioneer uses their propriety Class D amps and their main characteristics are that they run cool, fast and dynamic, maintain very good control of the bass and other superlatives you can throw at them.
For HT and stereo, they are hard to beat, IMO..... :D

Forgot to add that if purchased in HKG, you will have yourself, the best value AVR in the market, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 23:05 by francis wu »

Offline AvPip

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 23:20 »
If I m not wrong, most of top flight AVRs like Denon, Onkyo, Yammy, etc can also bi-amp their channels.  Nothing special here.  Most important is the kind of amps they are using.  Pioneer uses their propriety Class D amps and their main characteristics are that they run cool, fast and dynamic, maintain very good control of the bass and other superlatives you can throw at them.
For HT and stereo, they are hard to beat, IMO..... :D

Forgot to add that if purchased in HKG, you will have yourself, the best value AVR in the market, IMO.

+1

HK FTW ! ;D ;D ;D

Offline maomao82

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36 »
Not sure if this thread is appropriate to ask qns regarding troubelshooting issues.

I've juz encountered my LX85 shutting down whenever I select another Input via my TV remote eg ( HDMI 1 switch to antenna). Is this supposed to be a norm? Btw I am using LG LW6500 TV..

In addition, when I plug my thumbdrive to the AVR, the receiver is able to detect, but at the selection menu screen unable to go into the sub folder to select the songs, nor can i see any file name.. Is my AVR a lemon?  ???

Offline francis wu

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 09:29 »
Not sure if this thread is appropriate to ask qns regarding troubelshooting issues.

I've juz encountered my LX85 shutting down whenever I select another Input via my TV remote eg ( HDMI 1 switch to antenna). Is this supposed to be a norm? Btw I am using LG LW6500 TV..

In addition, when I plug my thumbdrive to the AVR, the receiver is able to detect, but at the selection menu screen unable to go into the sub folder to select the songs, nor can i see any file name.. Is my AVR a lemon?  ???

Not sure what you meant here!  What's the connection like and why use the antenna when MIO and Starhub are on HDMI ::)
Is your thumb drive formatted in FAT 16 or 32?  These are the only 2 recognized by the AVR!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:23 by francis wu »

Offline petesim

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 14:45 »
Hey guys, how do you guys deal with the warranty issue when buy Pioneer from HK?
I dont suppose Pioneer has an international wrt.
tks

Offline sneaky_ho

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 14:56 »
HVZ will honor the repair if still within the warranty. Ship it back to HK at yr own cost if still within the 1 year warranty. HVZ will cover the return cost. So, please keep the box handy.  ;D

Offline francis wu

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 15:24 »
How do you know!.... ::)

Offline sneaky_ho

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 17:03 »
Because HZV said so when I checked with them but I can't say for sure if this is the understanding with the rest. I am sure those who have explored with HZV would have questioned them and gotten reply as well. Perhaps the rest can confirm this understanding. ;D