Author Topic: Buying Solid Wood Diffuser from Tao Bao  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Hillviewer

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Buying Solid Wood Diffuser from Tao Bao
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 11:01 »
Just realized that Taobao detected my location and set it to Singapore.
I tried this merchant which I bought a few panels last year thru ezbuy.com as the shipping fee from taobao was expensive.

With the "Singapore" shown next to Taobao logo, I tried again using 50 pc of the 3rd item. It is a 60x60x10cm wood diffuser. the shipping is just 603rmb for 50pc.

Look like Taobao is doing some consolidation for Singapore.

Offline wechnivag

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 15:14 »
Just realized that Taobao detected my location and set it to Singapore.
I tried this merchant which I bought a few panels last year thru ezbuy.com as the shipping fee from taobao was expensive.

With the "Singapore" shown next to Taobao logo, I tried again using 50 pc of the 3rd item. It is a 60x60x10cm wood diffuser. the shipping is just 603rmb for 50pc.

Look like Taobao is doing some consolidation for Singapore.
Hi Bro, reviving old thread!

Note that there are a few different types of 'QRD' on taobao. Make sure you get the N7 with 7 Wells, and if possible get the ones with nested Fractal N7 inside each of the large Wells. This extends the working range of the diffusers up to the treble range, vs just on the mids range.

The N7 will have a zero depth flat well. That's the right most well in the photo. Some taobao clones don't understand this and they just make it with 6 Wells with depth.

Getting 7 Wells is important especially when the diffusers will be arrayed. It is also good to alternate some absorption together with the diffusion.

The overall levels of absorption and diffusion in the room depends on taste and other furnishings. But typically, for dedicated treated room, a good starting point is about 30% of room surfaces with low bass absorption (dihedral and trihedral corners for max effectiveness) and about 30% with diffusers to create that open airy ambience.
Total room surface meaning all 4 walls, floor and ceiling, 6 sides of the cuboid room.

Cheers!

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

Offline Hillviewer

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 16:16 »
how about the remaining 40%?

Offline wechnivag

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 22:09 »
how about the remaining 40%?

Haha, just bare wall? It's OK you know.. Bare ceilings, bare floors or just a partial rug instead of full carpeted floor...

Rest of wall space, you can build shelves for CD and BD storage. Or bookshelves. Practical and better than bare wall.

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 22:11 by wechnivag »