Author Topic: JL Audio Official Owner's thread  (Read 126495 times)

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
Re: JL Audio Official Owner's thread
« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2019, 12:41 »
Thanks desray for the heads up. Good to know that the issue is on the earlier batches as suspected

+1 that SD's service during and after sales is top notch. Most importantly patient & great attitude unlike many other shops.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
JL Audio Official Owner's thread
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2020, 09:45 »
I will like to give a special shout-out to Sammy and Eugene from Sound Decisions for helping me to expedite the replacement of my E112 and E110 drivers to the latest generation and the faulty Ampboards which caused the sudden jump in the gain control. Eugene and his assistant even helped me with the replacement of the parts at my place yesterday afternoon...and my mom told me that you guys are perspiring like hell due to the weather. And despite that, you guys still finish the task within the stipulated time frame I've set...Kudos to Eugene and his guy.

Now my 2 JL Audio subwoofers have been given a new lease of life...time to re-do my calibration.

And also not forgetting JL Audio's outstanding customer support...one of the few AV companies that really go all out to help out their customers.

Thumbs up!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:55 by desray »

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2020, 10:33 »
Second that, Eugene and his colleague came by to help my senior re projector lamp on Monday. Reported in the late morning, they came by in the afternoon to sort out everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sevenz

« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2020, 12:11 »
Oooh nice.

Did SD say what's the difference between the old batch and latest batch of drivers on your E subs?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:32 by sevenz »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2020, 15:20 »
Oooh nice.

Did SD say what's the difference between the old batch and latest batch of drivers on your E subs?

No...I did not ask. I think this question should be directed towards JL Audio instead.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #500 on: January 18, 2020, 15:39 »
Calling for SD :)

Offline avren

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2020, 16:10 »
Totally agree with desray on SD service. Eugene & fabian came by today to replace my amp board. They called to arrange appt once new amp board arrived. Issue was with master volume control knob. When calibrating my system, sometimes no bass between 7-9 o'clock, sometimes at 10-12 o'clock.  So made it hard to calibrate bass with amp subwoofer matching. SD sets a high standard for the after sales service. Zero worries buying from them!!

Offline sevenz

« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2020, 16:28 »
Looks like quite a few of the older batch of E-series amp board has that knob issue.

Well, as long as SD takes responsibility for it if it's under the warranty period, it's cool.

Offline whitesox

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2020, 21:50 »
Totally agree with desray on SD service. Eugene & fabian came by today to replace my amp board. They called to arrange appt once new amp board arrived. Issue was with master volume control knob. When calibrating my system, sometimes no bass between 7-9 o'clock, sometimes at 10-12 o'clock.  So made it hard to calibrate bass with amp subwoofer matching. SD sets a high standard for the after sales service. Zero worries buying from them!!

Bro
... after a faulty amp board was being replaced then what is the O'Clock now?
 ???

Offline avren

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2020, 10:10 »
Bro
... after a faulty amp board was being replaced then what is the O'Clock now?
 ???
Now subwoofer level 11 o'clock for movies and 8.30 o'clock for music. Its hook up to 2 systems, one for stereo & one for movies. Before amp changed, when playing music, cannot set volume to the level I want.

Offline whitesox

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2020, 22:43 »
You want to go for JL Gathom ah
 :D

Price Sin$23,500 or more
https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/home-audio-gotham-v2

https://youtu.be/ZDnQ5PfySJo
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 07:50 by whitesox »