Author Topic: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions  (Read 599589 times)

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Re: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions
« Reply #3105 on: October 15, 2019, 21:49 »
This's Xindots week promo at 50% rebate for their merchants at Lau Pa Sat. Had the Roasted Charsiew Mien at $2.25 (Roast Paradise) and da pau'ed the Mala Wantons at $2.50 yesterday.
Today's lunch was the Roasted pork and charsiew rice at $3.50 and brought home some dim sum snacks for $6.50.
Too bad I m going to Johor tomorrow otherwise, my launch and dinner will also be at Lau Pa Sat.

From my Sammy S8

Offline pschia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love Cats !
« Reply #3106 on: October 15, 2019, 22:07 »

Anybody interested in a $250 burger?
https://mothership.sg/2019/10/lombardos-singapore/
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3107 on: October 30, 2019, 20:58 »
Just had this at Ten Ten Tempura- Raffles City for $8.40, 50% discount under JPassport promo.
Can't miss this opportunity of a delicious meal which under normal menu price I can't see myself eating it

From my Sammy S8

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3108 on: November 17, 2019, 22:01 »
Had the Salmon Mentaiko for lunch yesterday at Salmon Samurai, Tras Street for $7 which was a decent price to pay under Amex promo buy $10 get $5 rebate. Menu price of $12  is a little expensive considering small portions of fresh Salmon slices, buckwheat soba, half a avacado and a leaf of lettuce dousef with a light soya sauce. However, it was very delicious and flavorful...shiok factor very high

From my Sammy S8

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3109 on: December 03, 2019, 14:19 »
Junk food day....Mac Breakfast set 1 for 1 promo - $5.95 nett.

From my Sammy S8

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3110 on: December 13, 2019, 21:45 »
Opening day for this renowned Ramen eatery in PLQ Singapore. Queued for an hour, waited for half an hour for the Ramen and emptied the bowl in 15 mins!!
Well the Ramen was good but $18 is not friendly to my wallet. The Tonkatsu broth was rich, intensed and flavorful as you drink it all up! The ramen was springy enough and the portion was decent as was the six pieces of sliced Chashu which were deliciously broied. Overall....Oishi
We ordered a side dish of 2 Oyster Age fritters which were of medium sizes and they tasted juicy, a little sweet and fresh as the center was still raw! Very savory indeed.
Returning for the next round as we have a 100% opening  rebate today, reason why we bother to queue up!
No way I m going to pay full price for any Japanese Ramen. Michelin or not!!
Worst, the service was extremely slow, guess due to the crowd and first day of business too.

From my Sammy S8

Offline qflyer

Offline qflyer

« Reply #3112 on: January 09, 2020, 22:47 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBvkAowoLfI&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QBvkAowoLfI&fs=1</a>
Look at the hotdog at 441 min. I will stick to ikea’s.

Offline artemov

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3113 on: January 11, 2020, 19:18 »

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3114 on: January 11, 2020, 20:19 »
If you are craving for Ramen and not prepared to pay the ridiculous price for it, then Gangsta Ramen at Tanjong Pagar plaza is up your alley.
Prices range from $10 to 16 nett.
Pork Bone Broth as base, the Ramen is springy and nicely textured.  Charsiew slices are tasty and delicious. Together with half an Onsen egg and Woodear mushroom and bamboo shoot slices, they are priced decently. My only nit-picking is that the broth is not rich and flavorful enough.
If timing is right, you can go for their week days promo sets which are friendlier to your wallet.
Pretty crowded during lunch.
Look out for Chope 1 for 1 sets if you have the app and notification on. I redeemed my previous booking today for $14.90 nett that comes with a side dish and drink!

From my Sammy S8

Offline qflyer

« Reply #3115 on: January 11, 2020, 20:31 »
nitrites + orange juice = anti-cancer
Fats + nitrites + orange juice = cancer  :o

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/81612.php
No way to avoid them. The key is moderation. ;D

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3116 on: January 12, 2020, 22:04 »
If you are around Amoy, make sure you try this Smoke Duck Don from Kinobe. At $5.25 from Xindots, this value for money Bowl is irresistible and lip smacking good. Normally you will get 6 slices of smoked duck meat, flamed grilled with an Onsen egg and Nori, rice top with Teriyaki or Yakiniku sauce, but if you are a regular like me, another 4 slices to make you smile. This is a must try lunch meal for all occasions

From my Sammy S8

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3117 on: January 14, 2020, 22:08 »
If you are are around Choo Chiat, drop by Canadian 2 for 1 Pizza and pick up 2 x 10" pizzas for the price of one. Just had the Hawaiians and it was savory enough for another visit. Paid $5 for 1 under Fave promo.

From my Sammy S8

Offline andylovesaudio

« Reply #3118 on: January 15, 2020, 00:43 »
Has anyone tried L’operetta pizzeria at Icon Village? They have 1 for 1 daily between 2.30pm and 5.30pm (only icon branch). I find it really good - authentic with high quality ingredients and wood fired too. I think the only VPN pizzeria in SG.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 00:52 by andylovesaudio »

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3119 on: January 22, 2020, 23:09 »
My lunch meal for the last couple of days at Hawker centers was very satisfying.
The Guo Tie at Marine Terrace at $5 for 10 pieces was savory with generous filling and the skin so crispy you can hear the crunching sound!
The $5  Mala Veg Bowl at Bedok Central was delicious and spicy enough to make you want more!
The 4.50 Chicken Don at Amoy Street was yummy, the meat which was flame seared was tender and succulent.
Followed by the $1.60 Pelot Hitam which was rich, creamy, just the right sweetness that you want to lick the remnants from the bowl
Nothing beats hawker fare vis a vis taste and value

From my Sammy S8

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 23:34 by francis wu »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal