Author Topic: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions  (Read 498283 times)

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Re: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions
« Reply #3091 on: August 17, 2019, 14:53 »
There are no value in MacDonald meals unless they are 50% discounted! ;D

Offline qflyer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3092 on: August 24, 2019, 18:17 »
Scary borbor chacha at $5 tampines sportshub old chang kee. Says so much about the rent.
$$$$$$$

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3093 on: August 24, 2019, 21:25 »
When u r in Amoy, can try out this  dual fish soup set (fresh batang and fried dory fish) at $5.00.
The fresh batang fish slices are firm and pleasant tasting while the fried dory comes piping hot in chunks (think of fish and chips), crispy on the outside and soft inside. Dip them in the homemade sour garlic chilli sauce, it's gratifying and with Xindots, you get a rebate of 65 cents which makes the meal a no brainer healthy lunch choice.

Sexy8

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 21:27 by francis wu »

Offline qflyer

« Reply #3094 on: September 08, 2019, 20:59 »
The size of the moon cakes are incredibly small now. They will get smaller when gst goes 9%.

Offline qflyer

« Reply #3095 on: September 09, 2019, 20:57 »
Food courts will make you broke
https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/5-reasons-why-eating-food-courts-singapore-makes-you-broke
Not only is this habit a one-way street to Pok Gai City, it’s also pretty damn unhealthy.
When gst goes 9% hmmmm..... we are all toast just like toast box. Anyway I think food court owners will sue moneysmart magazine.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3096 on: September 09, 2019, 21:34 »
That’s precisely why I don’t patronize Food Courts when you can get cheaper and better tasting food in hawker centers ;D

Only exception is when there is a 50% discount or 1 for 1 promo ;D

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3097 on: September 13, 2019, 13:11 »
Just had the Sirloin steak and Grilled Salmon at Dean & Deluca, Perkin Place for $18 under Entertainer 1 for 1 promo.
Decent taste, nothing special that warrant another visit other than the price. Definitely no value at all so save your lunch money if there is no 1 for 1 promo

Sexy8

Offline qflyer

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3099 on: September 17, 2019, 23:23 »
Was down at Telok Ayer street for lunch today. New merchant store K Plate under Xindots. Ordered the Salmon Bulgogi set for $9.90 but paid $4.95 discounted 50% promo.
The grilled salmon portion was huge and came with Kimchi fried rice and egg and corn. Side dishes of kimchee radish, grated cheese and a bowl of tofu n seaweed soup. The Salmon was overcooked and a little dry, the fried rice was not smoky enough but overall, the taste was acceptable and it certainly an awesome deal at such a price so much so I da pau the same meal back. Told the chefs to grill the Salmon medium well this time. Will be trying out the rest of the dishes on offer for the next couple of days!

Sexy8

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 23:51 by francis wu »

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3100 on: September 19, 2019, 12:55 »
Yesterday it was Pork Katsu Don at $2.50. Today it's the Teriyaki salmon and fried ebi bento at $3.25....courtesy of xindots' new merchant promo at Lau Pa Sat...no brainer deals!

Sexy8

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3101 on: October 06, 2019, 21:30 »
Tried the Beef Slices Pho at Ngon Tanjong Pagar for $5 under Eatsy promo. Decent beef slices and Kwey Teow portion for a lunch meal. The beef slices were tender and medium well done, tasted pleasant but not gamey enough for me. The broth was light, a little on the sweet side and not robust enough. Overall, okay for the price paid but definitely overpriced at $9.90 menu price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3102 on: October 07, 2019, 20:02 »
Today's lunch was a healthy one at Wheats (Int'l Plaza). Teriyaki Chicken Soba at $5.00 under Eatsy's promo was certainly a decent value for money meal. Meat was tender and the Soba with sesame sauce was flavorful and tasty. Menu price of $8.80 is a little overpriced though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 20:03 by francis wu »

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3103 on: October 08, 2019, 14:53 »
Today's lunch at TPFC was not what I expected. Was looking forward to trying out the fried Kwey Teow at this warmly reviewed stall there but boy, was disappointed. The FKT was a tad too sweet and wet, only a few slices of fish cake, no lup cheong,  few strands of bean sprout, a few puny see-hums and no wok hei
Overall, the taste was acceptable and good thing, it was not oily. Definitely not worth the $4.50 stall price but with Xindot's promo at $2.25, it was a decent value meal.

From my Sammy S8  using Tapatalk

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3104 on: October 13, 2019, 19:36 »
Just had this at Wheat Raffles City awhile ago. Their Salmon Soba Poke at $10, a little on the high side, was very delicious. The  baked Salmon is slightly overcooked and so slightly on the firm side. Covered lightly with Sesame sauce, it tasted flavorful and 'sedap'. The buckwheat Soba  was stringy, dripping with a light wasabi and soya sauce, it was  nutty and pleasant. The meal portion was adequate and this makes it an healthy choice too.
Enrolled as a member for $20 and getting 4 x $10 vouchers is a great deal not to be missed. Value for money on what you're getting.

From my Sammy S8  using Tapatalk