Author Topic: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions  (Read 603983 times)

Offline chewed

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lets talk about food - places, pics and opinions
« Reply #3240 on: July 31, 2020, 09:57 »
This is a big rip-off from Crave. Chicken Wing Nasi Lemak at $5.90 take away!
There is nothing special in terms  of taste and meal portion to justify this ridiculous pricing when you can find similar offering from $3 - 3.50 at any Hawker Center.
This is why I have never and will never patronize this merchant.
I got to thank ShopBack though for letting me try out this fare at $1.90 in today's promo

Sent from my Note10+

you can't compare food court prices to hawker centre fare. 

the stall rental is at least $5k a month.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #3241 on: July 31, 2020, 12:52 »
That’s one of the reasons that I don’t patronise merchants with high business cost! You are paying for their rentals, Chefs and service staff salaries, taxes and profit margin, etc.:P ::)

I prefer to spend on hawker food for value and personal satisfaction :)

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3242 on: July 31, 2020, 13:30 »
Uncle Francis is really enjoying life...能吃是福。

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One reason for retiring ;D

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3243 on: July 31, 2020, 13:44 »
Brunch today was Soy Sauce Noodles and Kway Teow at this stall at Bedok South who has a constant stream of customers.
At $3.00, with a generous portion of tender and succulent and savory chicken and noodles/kway teow, hard to resist going back for more. As good as Liao Fan and no need to queue for half hour and more!

Sent from my Note10+

Offline fei

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3244 on: July 31, 2020, 13:48 »
I second this, good stuff  ;D half chicken only 7.50. Infact i prefer this over Liao Fan.

Brunch today was Soy Sauce Noodles and Kway Teow at this stall at Bedok South who has a constant stream of customers.
At $3.00, with a generous portion of tender and succulent and savory chicken and noodles/kway teow, hard to resist going back for more. As good as Liao Fan and no need to queue for half hour and more!

Sent from my Note10+

Offline medr135

• Snr Member
Lau Di Fang Scissors Cut Curry Rice (Food Republic - NEX)
« Reply #3245 on: August 01, 2020, 23:38 »
Had dinner this evening at Nex Food Republic.
Two pax - My wife had fried spinach, chicken cutlet and 2pcs of prawn fritters (3 pcs FOC 1)
               I had cabbage, sunny side egg, braised pork belly and 2 pcs of prawn fritters (I can assure you the prawns inside were less than an inch)
COST     - $13.20

Although the taste were at best, ordinary scissors cut-curry rice standard, I find the cost exorbitant.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3246 on: August 06, 2020, 20:46 »
Promo on now for these Noodle bowl at $2.50 each.
Menu price is $7.50 so this deal is a no-brainer.
We tried the Beef Brisket and the Pork Knuckle noodles! Both bowls were served with decent portion of noodles but portion of the meat rather inadequate. Broth could be richer and more robust but overall tasted okay. Meat was tender, savory and in texture too.
At $7.50, these could be hard sell and a little overpriced to be honest!
Wai Hai Lou is a small eatery at Smith Street. The place is  pleasant but a little compact in size with friendly service staff.
Promo ends 10th Aug. Go try  them.

Sent from my Note10+

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3247 on: August 08, 2020, 21:47 »
Promo now on at Wheat outlet Suntec City for this Teriyaki Chicken Soba Bowl at $5.50 which is quite a decent deal.
The soba portion was decent but a little overcooked and therefore a tad soggy although tasted refreshing with sesame sauce. The Teriyaki chicken slices were thick, tender and succulent, really savory.
Overall, a good tummy investment for the day!

Sent from my Note10+

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 22:03 by francis wu »

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3248 on: August 09, 2020, 20:09 »
Here we go again. Half a chicken at $7.50 with meat so savory, succulent and delicious on soy sauce that is very hard to resist, it has become my weekly lunch  staple!.....yummmmmmmy

Sent from my Note10+

Offline francis wu

« Reply #3249 on: August 15, 2020, 21:03 »
Cant remember when was the last time I have craved for Japanese Curries. I tried it once many years ago and did not really like it much to include them in my must have meals.
Moreover, they were overpriced and not value for money eats.
Well. I couldn't resist KrisPay 40% discount and got ourselves a Pork Katsu Curry set and a Monster Fish Burger from Monster Curry.
The pork was tender and the crust crispy but the curry was too sweet, not a good combination for my taste at $13.90++.
The pasar fish burger was like eating fish and chips without the buns! Nothing special at $8.90++.
Overall, at $26.60, it's definitely overpriced vis-a- vis the food although the portion served were more than adequate!!
 $15+ after the discount seems to be a decent price though

Sent from my Note10+

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 21:13 by francis wu »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal